Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Your Newcastle predictions

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Mitrovic has been on the bench recently I think, with Gayle starting. Either way am expecting a tough game. 2-2.[/quote]

I love Mitrovic as a young striker, if we get up and Newcastle by some fluke stay down, would be a player for us IMO.

And yep said I''d be happy with a 2-2 draw.

Looking forward to this one especially since I''m going and I reckon we''ll be up for it even if Newcastle come at us. No one team is going to dominate so keep the game tight and take your chances. Should be good, 2:2 draw

[quote user="shaunieboy77"]If Wolves can go there and win 2-0 then so can we..however I am using logic[/quote]

True, but that result was a bit of a fluke.  More relevant maybe is where Newcastle beat QPR 6-0 away a few days before that - and the QPR manager said afterwards his team were too stretched at times - which is what sometimes happens to us when we lose a bit of discipline in midfield.  We are going to have to be willing to work incredibly hard to get anything out of this match and be very diciplined.  0-0 woud be a great result imo, but as you say, if Wolves can do it......

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="shaunieboy77"]If Wolves can go there and win 2-0 then so can we..however I am using logic[/quote]

True, but that result was a bit of a fluke.  More relevant maybe is where Newcastle beat QPR 6-0 away a few days before that - and the QPR manager said afterwards his team were too stretched at times - which is what sometimes happens to us when we lose a bit of discipline in midfield.  We are going to have to be willing to work incredibly hard to get anything out of this match and be very diciplined.  0-0 woud be a great result imo, but as you say, if Wolves can do it......

[/quote] I think we can be accused of being too narrow at times, not stretched?

Why was Wolves win there a fluke? If they has seen the QPR game, they might well have come up with a game plan? Was our 6-2 defeat a fluke? We could work them out and play to our own plan

I don''t think the Wolves win there was a fluke LDC. The first goal was an own goal, accepted, but in reality Wolves could have scored quite a few more than the two, in the end.

Costa tore Newcastle a new one, let''s hope Jacob can do the same.

Your point about keeping things tight is well made, the 50,000 crowd can be a thirteenth man but also get on the back of their team pretty quickly.

We can score, but unless AN can sort out the defence we also fail in defence.

I''ll go for 2-2, but a defeat is a possibility.

I don''t know about anyone else, but from what I''ve seen, the quality they have is awesome for this level.   We have similar quality too, but we are away to them and for me a certain amount of pragmatism will be necessary to get anything from the game.  Wolves were lucky.  Huddersfield caught them cold.  We will have to be secure defensively in a way which we haven''t been all season. That means a slightly different approach to this game. Still want to win it, but not losing it is more important imo.

Might be a lot more pressure on Newcastle in this game to beat us, so on that note they could be edgy. The longer it takes for them to get started the better imo. So long as our boys take it to them I think we''ll be okay. I think we could win it. Just. And wouldn''t that be nice...

Our away lineup isn''t much different to our home one just now, and worked just fine at Forest.

I don''t see the need to change a winning side.

Agreed Morty. Do you think he''ll put in Tettey though in favour of Dorrans. Go for a more defensive midfield in front of the back four? Really I don''t see why we would, I just wish Klose''s form would improve a little. He''s taking his time to get used to this league.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I don''t know about anyone else, but from what I''ve seen, the quality they have is awesome for this level.   We have similar quality too, but we are away to them and for me a certain amount of pragmatism will be necessary to get anything from the game.  Wolves were lucky.  Huddersfield caught them cold.  We will have to be secure defensively in a way which we haven''t been all season. That means a slightly different approach to this game. Still want to win it, but not losing it is more important imo.

[/quote]
Why were Wolves lucky?
Why did Huddersfield ''catch them cold''?

I don''t think Dorrans has done anything to deserve being dropped, and unless Tettey is 100% fit I certainly wouldn''t make that change. Can see what you''re saying though Morgan.

Hog

"Why were Wolves lucky"

Indeed, they weren''t from what I have seen and read about the game, maybe LDC has some insider info but I have seen nothing to suggest they were lucky.

Not giving either Huddersfield nor Wolves credit LDC. Wolves stats were ''less'' than Newcy, so were ''lucky''. Does that mean , when we lost 6-2, we were ''really unlucky''?

Newcastle''s quality may seem ''awesome'' to you, but if a neutral looked at our squad, what would they think? The current League position (and number of defeats for both us and Newcy), would indicate that we would get a lot of favourable comments.

This one game will not define ours, nor Newcastle''s season, but at the moment, I would prefer to be playing them away , than at home, it is almost a ''free'' game for us.

By that, I mean it is given that it is our ''hardest'' game of the Season, and already, nothing is riding on it, and they still won''t overtake us, if they win.

I''m not sure why you think favourable results against Newcastle are flukey, yet 6-0 wins etc for Newcastle aren''t, Lakey? Wolves and others deserved their wins just as Newcastle have deserved theirs. Newcastle are er very beatable (why am I even having to say that?) and you strike me as though you have a slight inferiority complex towards them? We should go there, attack them, and stamp our authority on the game by actually getting out of 3rd gear!, simple as that - you worry about us getting picked off by them when we come forward and getting hammered BUT are we not capable of doing exactly the same to them then?! Jeez, I respect them but some need to stop sucking Newcastle off like they''re capable of stuff we''re not - at the end of the day, we''re top of the league and have got quality players who can''t even get on the bench match days, let them worry about the team in yellow with imho man for man the best squad in the league 👍

Ok, it''s just a feeling I have. Probably wrong, but some of their goals this season have been superb and would beat any team.  My thoughts stem from last season''s visit and our previous ones to Newcastle. Not won at Newcastle since 1988.  Best we''ve managed is a 0-0.  We can do it, but not by trying to outplay them with open football, imo. 

[quote user="VanWink"]Hog

"Why were Wolves lucky"

Indeed, they weren''t from what I have seen and read about the game, maybe LDC has some insider info but I have seen nothing to suggest they were lucky.[/quote]
Yeah, Wolves aren''t a bad team in their own right and I don''t think Saturday is going to be much, if any easier than tomorrow night.

Have we not had some superb goals this season too? I would suggest they are where they are (4 points behind us and not top 2) for a reason.

[quote user="Ian"]Have we not had some superb goals this season too? I would suggest they are where they are (4 points behind us and not top 2) for a reason.[/quote]Indeed.I would even suggest that this fixture is more of a problem for Mr Benitez, than it is for Alex.Their home form really isn''t very good.[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpswos2aaux.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpswos2aaux.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Agree with Alex on all his comments throughout the thread. This is our relative Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal this season. We should naturally be up for it! I''m going for 2-3