Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Your Newcastle predictions

So, what''s going to happen this game folks?

3-2 to us I''m feeling.

I know literally anything could happen this game, and I have the nagging feeling there maybe a sending off due, obviously hope this is not the case!. I think what makes this game even harder to predict is how our current points tally will affect both teams - will we be too complacent knowing we''ll still be ahead regardless, or will we play with even more freedom in the fashion we know we''re very capable of?, or will Newcastle up their game, or feel the pressure at home in front of expectant supporters knowing a loss would see us (for this stage of the season) a huge 7 points clear?. Not sure how that situation will affect the players but would imagine Newcastle will be more edgy than us so we can''t be complacent either way if we want the 3 points. A draw would be no disaster for us either, but I feel we have more ''killer'' players in our teams than there''s - as many of us thought at the start of the season, we have goals in us from literally anywhere across the pitch and so that''s proved thus far. Not worried about the revenge factor either, we sorted that out at Carrow Rd with some of our new January signings, and add the quality additions we''ve made this summer then it''s only a stronger squad than what went up to SJP last time around. I''m really looking forward to this, OTBC! 👍

The good news is the referee for this game is in no way happy to dish out a red card or two...

''Bankes has taken charge of nine matches in all competitions so far this term, showing 34 yellow cards and five red.''

5 reds in 9 games?! 😳

I''d be really pleased with a draw. 
Regardless this week will certainly be a good milestone for seeing where abouts we''re at in comparison to the other ''top'' clubs in this division. (ignoring any crazy in game antics a la Gary O Neil sending off last season!)

Would take a draw, but you just never know.Would love a win, I have a lot of Toon supporting mates, including one who told me they were going to go the whole season unbeaten, like last time in this division.

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsdp1ovjzf.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsdp1ovjzf.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="morty"][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsdp1ovjzf.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsdp1ovjzf.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]

6-0 Newcastle

Without trying to sound disparaging, who is the Ref (Peter Bankes)? Has he a lot of experience at this level, and has he ever got close to taking charge of such a ''huge'' game, with 50,000 baying Geordies, trying to help him with his decisions?. I hope he has got a backbone

Did we learn from last season''s visit up there?   Try and match them playing like we usually do will likely result in a goal fest, which we will more than probably come out on the wrong side of - as last time. Play defensively and solidly and I predict we''ll win 1-0 or 2-0 with breakaway goals. 

I see no reason why we can''t match them in that manner, Lakey -it''s not like our squad is lesser than theirs, infact I think overall it''s better (just my opinion though). Where we really went wrong last season, in hindsight, was when we took Tettey off, although it was one of those unusual days where everything they hit went in and that doesn''t happen very often - maybe we''ll do the same? I think we''ve strengthened our squad, not entirely sure the same can be said for them so all to play for. But I do understand the slightly cautious approach, we are the away team to be fair. 11-1 Norwich.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Without trying to sound disparaging, who is the Ref (Peter Bankes)? Has he a lot of experience at this level, and has he ever got close to taking charge of such a ''huge'' game, with 50,000 baying Geordies, trying to help him with his decisions?. I hope he has got a backbone[/quote]Never mind the 50,000 baying, just pray that he doesn''t run into Big Vince.

A win and a draw from the next two games might see us established at the top.

Not impossible for I am inclined to think that this side, criticised for not being quite on the ball against lesser opponents, might well rise to the occasions.

Newcastle would seem to be the most vulnerable as the occasion and the level of expectation from the home support might combine to produce a nervy performance.

Both sides score goals so I doubt a 0-0 draw.

2-1 win for one of the two combatants, with us not being particular outsiders in the forecast.

They may have "baying" fans but they''re just as happy to have a go at the home team as they are to support them, depending on how it''s going, so if they''re struggling things could get very nervy indeed for the home side.

I can''t remember last time we got anything from a visit here.  I can''t make the game so I have a feeling this could be our day.  2-1 to City and no sign of Big Vince for another week or so.

LDC, Newcastle are not the same as they were , so I really suspect, that even if we do go for it, like last season, we will not concede 6 again (that was for you Big Vince). Last season, really was one to confound the statistics, a one off. (*prays*)

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]LDC, Newcastle are not the same as they were , so I really suspect, that even if we do go for it, like last season, we will not concede 6 again (that was for you Big Vince). Last season, really was one to confound the statistics, a one off. (*prays*)[/quote]

Maybe they are not as they were, but going for it will almost certainly play into their hands imo. A draw imo woul be a good result and would stop them from gaining points on us. Don''t get me wrong, I would love us to go there and win, but playing like we usually do, we give the opponents too many chances.  Imo we have been lucky so far that we haven''t punished more often for our giving the ball away so cheaply so often in matches.  Newcastle are more likely to take advantage of that more than any other team in the division.  I am hoping we err on caution this time and try and sneak a 1-0 after frustrating them by being solid and resolute. But a draw would still be a good result for me.

Alex Neil admitted that he got things wrong in the game there last year, and I think he''ll be determined to put things right this time.I think we are better going there and worrying about our own game, I don''t think we have it in us, defensively, to go away and grind out a deliberate point.Treat it no different to any away game, hopefully similar to Forest. As always, first goal is vital. But my fiver for this game is going on 1-2.

1-1 draw, a Russell Martin scrambler after 40 mins, easy equaliser for Gouffran after slack defending around the 55 minute mark, tense last half-hour, Mitrovic header from a free rattles the crossbar at 78 mins, lots of yellows but a fair result overall. Two forced substitutions due to niggly knocks to both Klose & Howson who''ll be doubtful for Molineux. Unbeaten run continues but still some concerns about surrendering possession in midfield and defenders switching off. Messageboard clamour for increased inclusion of Naismith, Canos & Lafferty continues unabated.

Apologies for not being more specific

Predictions, who knows, I can''t predict anything other than a City win, the deep reservation I have is we have a habit of no show away performances from time to time, hopefully on our current high those things are a thing of the past. 2-1 City.

Good luck to the multiple account holders, you''ve got more than one shout at the result.

Absolutely love this from our most recent meeting, Mbokani just loved playing Newcastle - Another day that was 4-1! Sorry can''t do the proper linky thing...

https://youtu.be/Er-fWCLM9fE

The more I think about it, the more I think this is the kind of game where we will move out of 3rd gear. No Man Utd, Arsenal, or Liverpool to play this season (so far) so this the Championship version, and is one of those games I feel Alex Neil will need no pre match team talk! 👍

This game could hinge on how Klose can handle Mitrovic, last time wasn''t too good. Really think we need effective support from midfield for the defence that means Tettey needs to play. Hope playing a top team means we raise our game and the performance is more important than the result, would love a win, draw nice, narrow defeat acceptable thumping definitely not.

Take your point Pete and of course the back four is always going to benefit from the sort of protection Tettey can provide. However Tettey should not be seen as the solution to some pretty poor defending that we have seen recently, Tim is really struggling at the moment, any idea that he and Russ are working together is laughable. We have to improve the way RM and TK work as a pair rather than thinking the solution is more defensive mid fielders, that only really is a sticking plaster.

Mitrovic has been on the bench recently I think, with Gayle starting. Either way am expecting a tough game. 2-2.