Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

So then.....Wolves on Saturday?

Just back from holiday and an awful way to end it following Michael Bailey on the live feed and seeing those 2 goals come up. But who has any confidence in us for Wolves? I read here that we should use the St James experience to drive our way through the rest of the season. I want to believe in Neil but his selections and subs that indicate his tactics, still make me feel unconvinced.

.....it''s great we are 2nd and at the end of the day the points total matter. It''s not a question of doing it in style. However, can a team be promoted leaking so many goals? Can our defence improve a level? It would appear not.

My prediction is another loss, maybe 2 or 3 goals to 1 in reply. Anyone else think we will win at Molyneux. It''s another b**ger of a place like St James Park and barring Malky''s header there in 2003 (wasn''t it?) we have had a poor record .... it''s another away ground hoodoo place.

We''ll be lucky if we lose by less than 7 if F*CKING BASSONGER PLAYS FOR US AGAIN BOOOOOOOOOOOO
[:D]

Wish i had your confidence. Maybe they will confound me. Perhaps AN might just set up to really attack with our special midfielder, Pritchard, for whom we paid the highest ever amount, and also play Oliveira alongside Jerome to really trouble their defence? Ah, no, wait, I''m being utterly stupid, what an idea to entertain.

The outcome depends on so many things not least how big a hangover Norwich have after Newcastle. Wolves are similar to forest a decent outfit but not the same quality and depth of squad that Newcastle have. We are capable of winning this but the confidence must be brittle. Even if we lose I would expect. 3 points from Rotherham so 23 from 12 would still put us on target but we need klose back and some positive performances

Agree confidence will be brittle, especially at the back, we seem to have enough firepower though. Having said that I think we''ll draw. 1-1.

As a general point, I feel that if confidence is ''brittle'' as some suggest , then we need an almighty clearout.

My take on having played in a losing game, like that, then you collectively (players and management) get together and reinstall belief, re-affirm confidence and positives and get a ''sod the rest of them'' mentality, that it isn''t going to happen again, grow some balls, and get a determination about you. We have the experience (the likes of Murphy needs to be paid particular attention to) to shrug this off, and move on very quickly. Not roll over and crumble, like one or two posters on here.

Personally I think our players are a bit stronger than some of you think on here. Confidence is brittle? I''m happy to be stood corrected on Saturday at 7:15pm, but I''d imagine the lads will be understandably disappointed after last night but very much united in making amends. After all that loss at Birmingham destroyed the lads and we''ve not won a game since...

I think it is the defence where confidence is brittle. Last season with mainly the same players we dropped about 8 points from goals conceded in the 85th minute and beyond. This season we have conceded late against Cardiff and Wigan before last nights events. This is a long sequence of late conceding not an isolated incident last night. Put it like this if we are one nil up away to wolves with 10 minutes left there will be plenty twitching players management and fans alike

We neither do well away on the telly nor at molyneux in general - so it s not a fixture I expected much from anyway.

It will all be about the character to bounce back from that defensive debacle and how serious Timms injury is.

Assuming he is out (in if fit) I would leave the team as it started on weds with two exceptions. Recalling Ruddy & replacing howson with Wes as he simply does that role better. We barely stemmed newcastles flow by having Jonny in (which was the negative aim). I also struggle with us having Dorrans Tettey & Howson starting - its simply not a good combination

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Klose (bassong) Olsson

Tettey Dorrans

Jacob Wes Brady

Jerome

Subs McGovern, Bennett, Thompson, Howson, Pritchard, Josh, Oliveira,

I''ve not seen Wolves play this season so have no idea how good they are. However I''ll be much more confident in our chances if Klose comes back in. I''d like to see us return to the Howson/Dorrans/Wes combo through the middle though.

Greetings all, I''ve been away for a few weeks; anything much happened?

Where are we currently on the ''Club''s in Crisis'' rating scale?

Apples

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Greetings all, I''ve been away for a few weeks; anything much happened?

Where are we currently on the ''Club''s in Crisis'' rating scale?

Apples[/quote]Couple of days ago we dropped below 5, but we''re back up at 8.2 out of 10.Weekend forecast could peak at 9.1.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Only 9.1, I''m assuming things aren''t too bad then?

Apples[/quote]It actually shot up to 13.4 on Wednesday about 10pm, 9.1 is the seasonally adjusted figure, once we picked all the dummies up.

Cheers Morty, it''s good to know that in these times of terrible turmoil there are some certainties that can be relied upon.

Apples

[quote user="Ginja"]Someone correct me if I''m wrong but the last time we won away at Wolves is 1995?[/quote]Oh[:(]I''m looking forward to it, I hope the players will have some kind of point to prove, after the other night.I shall be there, and I shall be wearing my lucky pants, what can possibly go wrong?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Ginja"]Someone correct me if I''m wrong but the last time we won away at Wolves is 1995?[/quote]Oh[:(]I''m looking forward to it, I hope the players will have some kind of point to prove, after the other night.I shall be there, and I shall be wearing my lucky pants, what can possibly go wrong?[/quote]
Having said that though we hadn''t won at Everton since 1993 until the other week, so these things are made to be broken and honestly these kind of record are meaningless on the day. I actually think we''ve got a good shout for a win, Wolves are looking like a bit of a mixed bag, Barnsley won 0-4 there so no reason to fear them.

[quote user="ZLF"]We neither do well away on the telly nor at molyneux in general - so it s not a fixture I expected much from anyway.

It will all be about the character to bounce back from that defensive debacle and how serious Timms injury is.

Assuming he is out (in if fit) I would leave the team as it started on weds with two exceptions. Recalling Ruddy & replacing howson with Wes as he simply does that role better. We barely stemmed newcastles flow by having Jonny in (which was the negative aim). I also struggle with us having Dorrans Tettey & Howson starting - its simply not a good combination

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Klose (bassong) Olsson

Tettey Dorrans

Jacob Wes Brady

Jerome

Subs McGovern, Bennett, Thompson, Howson, Pritchard, Josh, Oliveira,[/quote]

Not a chance ZLF, I don''t think AN has ever dropped Howson for a league game has he? I''m starting to wonder if AN picks his first xi by choosing Howson plus ten names out of a hat.

As for how we''ll do at Wolves, having been there before I''d say if all the away fans make it home without taking a kick in that will be a win of sorts.

Collective responsibility was the mantra after Wednesday''s disaster. We all know who was responsible for conceding two injury time goals. The centre of defence has been extremely poor in recent games scrappy goals against Cardiff, Wigan, Forest and Burton. Now Newcastle the only CB who missed starting these games was Ryan Bennett he needs to start on Saturday with anyone but Bassong. Ryan our only CB with exception of Timm who has anything resembling pace. Don''t expect Klose to be seen until post Int''l break Alex Neil didn''t sound hopeful in Newcastle post mortem.

Made a late decision to go and got my tickets yesterday. Last time I went to Molineux I got hit on the head by a coin from the upper tier!

Anyone know how many we''ve sold?

My prediction is two nil up cruising and then bit of pressure in last ten mins so AN throws on extra keeper and defender and we lose 3-2 . Last goal a penalty when ref points out that both Ruddy and McGovern can not handle the ball.

AN furious and blames Ruddy for not realising that!

[quote user="Lynn Canary"]No Ben Godfrey for the under 23s last night, so a chance he could be involved in the squad tomorrow[/quote]Haven''t they been playing him at centre back in recent games?Hmmmmm, interesting....