Sign in to follow this  
?

Telegraph exposē on the Championship! Wow!!!

^ Agreed 100%

Same as UK constabularies wasting time and money investigating petty burglary, thefts and fraud in England, when there are awful levels of much more serious crime in places like S Africa and Central America.

[quote user="93vintage"][quote user="Jools"]Why is anybody on here concerned about folk making an extra quid here & there?[/quote]This kind of attitude ties in with what I mentioned earlier, ie the Telegraph has caught a few greedy people within the game snaffling a few extra thousand.Yet the subject of bookmakers owning clubs isn''t deemed an issue. Bent managers, players and match officials conspiring to fix results apparently isn''t something that''s considered to happen in this country, at least not often in the top two divisions (despite it having happened in other big European leagues).Colossal sums of money are at stake, millions rather than thousands, but we see the catching of a few minnows while the big fish are left alone.[/quote]I''m glad to see that I''m not the only one to have noticed this. When the story about Allardice broke it was followed by reports that there is corruption in transfer dealings at the very top of English football and that those involved would be exposed for their illicit and self serving behaviour. In the subsequent days since the announcement that "8 top flight managers" are lining their own pockets with vast sums of money from transfers, suddenly things have changed to the Barnsley assistant manager being given £5K for "scouting recommendations" and Eric Black being involved in some sort of way. These are hardly the stories of people at the very top being involved in corrupt dealing that we were promised would be revealed.

Well Harry had to be involved, didn''t he?[:D][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zps3clivzuj.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zps3clivzuj.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Or alternatively IBT they are drip feeding the small names during the week when both circulation and cover price is lower to keep people interested and then come Saturday and Sunday they do a big spread naming some of the bigger parties caught out to give a boost in sales and maximise profits...

Fat Sam being the obvious exception to this because it makes a huge impression and gets people talking about it building up the hype to the weekend editions.

Who would have thought that Ryan Giggs had questionable morals!? Allegedly

[quote user="JF"]Who would have thought that Ryan Giggs had questionable morals!? Allegedly[/quote]

Never. I''m amazed he hasn''t used his power & wealthy get an injunction to protect himself and hang everybody else out to dry. Not that hes ever done that before...

It seems we are both cynical Sam, only from different perspectives. I do hope you''re right though, and that this leads to major changes in the English transfer system.On a side note. I''ve been wondering if a major contributing factor to us finding it difficult to sign the players we have bid for in the last couple of transfer windows has been down to a reticence from management to play the backhander game.

IBT I agree with your last point, it crossed my mind to. We have heard rumours/speculation that DM was hard to get on with in transfer dealings, perhaps this could have been part of the reason.

Suspect that the mention of Giggs on this thread will see it pulled pretty sharpish.

But all the chat about Drinks at Christmas etc are catered for by the Bribery Act 2010. In my company £50 is the cut off.

It does seem to be the ''old British brigade'' doesn''t it?! Interesting to know if the Telegraph targeted them specifically, based on some previous intelligence or otherwise, or if they tried to pull this sting on all the PL (and champ?) managers and no-one else was willing to bite?

Giggs I''m a little surprised at because for all his big-name recognition as a player, he''s got no managerial experience and I highly doubt he had the sway in the backroom at United to really influence LVG''s transfer dealings.

Also, if we''re really looking at potentially 4 lower-end PL clubs needing new managers in the coming weeks, that doesn''t bode well for us... Alex Neil would surely be pretty high up on a potential shortlist for any one of those jobs?

He''s clearly building something long term here and would probably prefer a promotion fight to a relegation battle, so I can''t imagine him going to Sunderland or Stoke really but WBA and especially Palace may well have the $$$ to turn his head unfortunately...