Matt Ritchie 10 million

Jonjo Shelvey 12 million

Dwight Gayle 10 million

Alexander Mitrovic 15 million

Martin Olsson 2.5 million

Sebastian Bassong 3 million

Russell Martin 250k

Ivo Pinto 2.2 million.

Over 40k supporters at St James'' park tonight.

We switched off at the back and it cost us. Keep the faith and never mind the danger!

The manor of defeat was gutting and completely avoidable.

However, we were extremely fortunate to be in the game at half time and in fairness the game should have been over.

The important thing is that this result doesn''t become a derailment. Like it did last season.

IMO there''s maybe 4/5 teams that are as good as us, and we''ve only played two of them, Wedneday and Newcastle. 1 point is not a great return.

Get this result out of our system and kick on. New personal to start please, and freshen things up. More Pritchard, Naismith, Canos and Olivieria. Get Bennet and Klose back togther too.

Lincoln is right.  There are several teams who on their day will give us a good deal of trouble. We lost away to Newcastle - no disgrace, but unless we get the mentality rght for 90 minute, there will be other teams able catch us out too if they have a good day.   Switching off at 3-1 was criminal.Under winning positions, we find it difficult to hold on to leads and the better teams make you pay.  We''ve got away with it a few times already this season, even gainst inferior teams we''ve struggled and rarely looking convincing once ahead in games, even with a two goal advantage. Forest was great, but a rare exception.   We are still well placed of course and it will be hoped that we are good enough, but the achilles heel we have needs to be addressed. 

Lincoln is right!! - we musn''t let this result derail us; we have not lost promotion here - we will win it elsewhere, starting at Wolves. 2 wins in 10 and at the promotion favourities is hardly a disaster

As for who is as good as us? Strength in depth and technically not many teams - it probably is JUST toon. mental fortitude, concentration (arrogance?) and application is where we suffer.

Teams that will be pushing for promotion? It will be us, toon, brighton and huddersfield as the main protagonists; Villa remain in turmoil and wont make it unless they can solve their more deep rooted problems.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Why?[/quote]

They are very good teams at this level. And the sort of teams I see us struggling to get many points from, especially away from home.

Add teams like Fulham Huddersfield and even Derby (on their day) to the equation and we''ve got some tough fixtures ahead.

Most of the teams mentioned above are 6 pointers for promotion, so we need to start finding some decent form rather than scraping results.

Pre Newcastlec, the fixture list had been kind to us. Now it gets tougher, and on the back of the events of last night. Wolves away is probally the least desirable fixture for us right now.

But.... Last time out in the champs, we had a habit of bouncing back so let''s see. But I still think we need to freshen things up with the players I mentioned previously.

It was incredibly frustrating to lose the way that we did and a waste of three points - I was in a foul mood till lunchtime.BUT, after having calmed down, it is surely better that we played well enough to get ourselves in the position we were in rather than go there and be outplayed - as were in danger of being in the first half hour. We need to draw some comfort from that.BUT, we can''t keep on making won games marginal again - there must be something wrong with "game management" somewhere?

A one off performance like last night ''in perspective'' is just one game in a very long season after several games which gave maximum points.

Sadly it wasn''t a one off, many times under AN we have been 3-1 up say, and gone on to lose or scrape a draw.

Its a bad habit which the management team hasn''t been able to prevent.

We can all name managers whose teams don''t let leads slip like that on a regular basis.

It''s important to bounce back with a win Saturday.

Wolves are a scummy club with shit fans, could not take a loss to that lot.

To be fair Newcastle were the best tee team and we could have easily lost that 8-3 last night. They have a solid squad and good manager.

The way you word it Lincoln, suggests that you don''t think we are as good as those teams? You don''t think we can raise our game to match/beat those teams? You think they will always have top performing days, and we won''t?

If you ask those teams fans about us, then they will undoubtedly say that, on OUR day, we could rip any of those teams apart, as we have a better squad, and if they all perform to their max, on the day............

WE are a VERY good team at this level, and we are currently 2nd in the league, without hitting our straps.

I hope the result serves as a Middlesbrough moment. Like when they beat us at our place - Newcastle over celebrate, we are hurt, but we focus, and use our anger positively to drive on over the coming months.

[quote user="Number9"]A one off performance like last night ''in perspective'' is just one game in a very long season after several games which gave maximum points.

Sadly it wasn''t a one off, many times under AN we have been 3-1 up say, and gone on to lose or scrape a draw.

Its a bad habit which the management team hasn''t been able to prevent.

We can all name managers whose teams don''t let leads slip like that on a regular basis.[/quote]Would you like to list the MANY times we have been 3-1 up and gone on to lose of scrape a draw??

Whilst last night''s result was hugely disappointing in the manner of it I cannot get upset about it as in the long term it matters not a jot. We have every chance of being promoted this season however we shall come straight back down when we do. The majority of our squad are just not EPL standard and the club won''t have the squillions to replace them all. Accepting that the youngsters are all unproven at that level and might prove themselves capable, of the senior squad only the following IMO are of EPL quality:

Ruddy, McGovern (maybe), Pinto (maybe), Klose, Olssen, Howson, Tettey, Hoolahan, Brady, Oliveira (maybe) and Naismith based on his Everton career and not his NCFC career to date.

We are essentially a Championship level club that enjoys periods in the EPL and for those of us who have supported the club for 50 years or so that has always been the case. We still get a buzz from supporting the club and so long as the style of football is attractive there is much to be enjoyed from our love of NCFC.

If we get promoted then great and the wads of cash will be great fully received and if we don''t we know that life will go on.

OTBC

ill judge how bad a defeat this was in 3 or 4 games time. If we can put it aside and carry on as before (or better hopefully) I''ll put it down as a blip against a talented and well led team.

If it all drops I''ll question the management. To my mind at our level a good manager is one who can pick up the pieces after it goes wrong.

The expression "3-1 up say" refers to the winning / strong positions we have held in games and thrown away.

Scores maybe different but the net effect is the same.

I haven''t time to research every game / score, you can think of those games, west ham, Sunderland, Newcastle,

Middlesborough lost 9 games last season and still went up, vs Burnley who only lost 5. The season before that Watford lost 11. We''re still on target for auto promotion as long as we keep winning the majority of games and not drop points through unnecessary draws. Keep the faith.

[quote user="Number 9"]The expression "3-1 up say" refers to the winning / strong positions we have held in games and thrown away.

I haven''t time to research every game / score, you can think of those games, west ham, Sunderland, Newcastle,[/quote]
I bet all fans think that about their club. Here''s an article from last March showing how the PL teams ranked then. And I guess Villa are probably up there this season for throwing away most points.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
I bet all fans think that about their club. Here''s an article from last March showing how the PL teams ranked then. And I guess Villa are probably up there this season for throwing away most points.
[/quote]
I think fans just remember them easily because it''s painful to be winning comfortably only to go on a lose the game. Then it just skews their opinion into believing that their team throws leads away more often. I imagine the reality is it happens to us not much more or less than other teams.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Number 9"]The expression "3-1 up say" refers to the winning / strong positions we have held in games and thrown away.

I haven''t time to research every game / score, you can think of those games, west ham, Sunderland, Newcastle,[/quote]
[/quote]
Had a bit of a google on this, turns out in March 2016 we had dropped 7 points from winning positions, the same amount as Man Utd had dropped, 15 other clubs had dropped more than us including  Everton, Bournemouth, Chelsea and Swansea who dropped 14 points from winning positions.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Number 9"]The expression "3-1 up say" refers to the winning / strong positions we have held in games and thrown away.

[/quote]
Had a bit of a google on this, turns out in March 2016 we had dropped 7 points from winning positions, the same amount as Man Utd had dropped, 15 other clubs had dropped more than us including  Everton, Bournemouth, Chelsea and Swansea who dropped 14 points from winning positions.
[/quote]Thanks Ginja and NN, this is the point I was trying to highlight yesterday!

Champs teams no doubt now know City have an inbred habit of the defence being not much more than Sunday afternoon park strength, not helped by Alex STILL seemingly bewildered when our defence capitulate..all his talking to the lads on matchdays about how the defence should defend is a total waste of time, does he still not realise the Martins, Bassongs, Whittakers of this team have shown this the last 2 or 3 seasons?..they are simply not good enough to defend holding a lead. Alex''s substitutions do not help either.The only chance we have is to continue what we were doing when we did the hard work getting the lead, sometimes at least we may  hold on to the lead. I see a few are hopeful of a positive result at Wolves...i applaud your optimism.Think we will suffer in to many games by teams firing up in the last 15-20 mins of games, hence why i stick to my 8th to 12th as a realistic position this season. Having said that, margins are small, a few extra points could see us top 6 and play offs again. Plus, 19 scored and 14 conceded in 10 games is preferable to the dismal low score draws and boredom and half empty stadium of some un named cousins south of here.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Champs teams no doubt now know City have an inbred habit...[/quote]
Er, you may care to re-phrase that!!