Sign in to follow this  
Ray

If you genuinely feel ......

I don''t think anyone knows exactly what you are saying Ray."Just repeating I have no evidence doesn''t change the fact that I do, but

if it makes you feel better to believe I haven''t then carry on. I will

however, in some vain attempt to find ''middle'' ground, alter my stance

to; I have evidence on which my opinion is based."Seriously, whats all that about? What "evidence" is there of Alex''s capabilities, other than his track record, and current league position?I can only assume you are alluding to having some kind of source at the club that says there are some players that either don''t like him, or question his methods. Which I would assume, you could probably apply to any manager at any club.Or did Alex Neil just kick your dog or something?

Don''t have a dog Morty, but if I did by now I''d have been tempted to set him on you (smiley face).

Could you explain why you have ignored my latest post and reply to you and regressed to a previous one to make what imo is a weak point?

There is obviously far more evidence than his track record, which does work both ways, and a current league position, some of which can be seen from the terraces and some of which probably cannot.

Am calling a halt now as have more exciting things to be experiencing. Have a great evening, a pint or two I''m guessing - enjoy.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]And Ray, you haven''t answered my question yet about who you would have selected instead of Seb.[/quote]

Do you not see that is the REAL problem thanks to the lack of or wrong target of transfer window AN is left with either Bassong Bennett or Turner . I personnally would have played Bennett from the start as Bassong is a mistake waiting to happen he just can not concentrate for 90 minutes. Without Klose in back four we are a very limited defence as he not only brings steel to defence but organises rest unlike Martin.

To me the real issue is what the hell was the captain doing after Newcastle equalised. If it had been me , I would have asked ref how long to go and then got team organised to run clock down. That is real issue takes real quality to kick off and conced another goal in a minute!

To be fair I do get a growing feeling that posters would rather judge Alex Neil on anything except his championship record. Not sure why that is. But if you were posting on the Newcastle match thread you couldn''t help but notice the manager is fighting an uphill battle with the posters. He got slated for the team selection and for everything that went wrong before we scored. He got absolutely no credit for us getting back in the game and getting in front. The credit for that was given to Newcastle for letting us back in. Followed by thanks to God and talk of miracles. Then when it all went tits up it was all Neil''s fault again.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]To be fair I do get a growing feeling that posters would rather judge Alex Neil on anything except his championship record. Not sure why that is. But if you were posting on the Newcastle match thread you couldn''t help but notice the manager is fighting an uphill battle with the posters. He got slated for the team selection and for everything that went wrong before we scored. He got absolutely no credit for us getting back in the game and getting in front. The credit for that was given to Newcastle for letting us back in. Followed by thanks to God and talk of miracles. Then when it all went tits up it was all Neil''s fault again.[/quote]Nothing strange about that, it goes with the territory.If we go up he will be a God, if we don''t he will probably be gone.

I worry about some of them Nutty, the whingeing on here has virtually reached fever pitch, and we''re second in the league.I just hope they have another level to go to if we drop down the table.

[quote user="CJ"][quote user="westcoastcanary"]And Ray, you haven''t answered my question yet about who you would have selected instead of Seb.[/quote]

Do you not see that is the REAL problem thanks to the lack of or wrong target of transfer window AN is left with either Bassong Bennett or Turner . I personnally would have played Bennett from the start as Bassong is a mistake waiting to happen he just can not concentrate for 90 minutes. Without Klose in back four we are a very limited defence as he not only brings steel to defence but organises rest unlike Martin.

To me the real issue is what the hell was the captain doing after Newcastle equalised. If it had been me , I would have asked ref how long to go and then got team organised to run clock down. That is real issue takes real quality to kick off and conced another goal in a minute![/quote]There is no point in moaning right now about our failure to sign a CB in the summer. I simply wanted to know who Ray himself would have selected, given that he had explicitly criticised AN''s choice. He has now given me an answer. I wonder how many people think that a CB pairing of Martin and Bennett would actually have been an improvement on Martin and Bassong (who, after all, were the pairing on whom we relied in our last Championship campaign and whom many people on here have said explicitly on many occasions are "good enough for the Championship".Some people seem absolutely convinced that Toon''s second goal would have been prevented by Klose, had he been playing. What reason is there to think that Klose would have got his head on Shelvey''s ball? And if Bennett had been in that position, what reason is there to think that HE would have got his head on it? I don''t think there is any reason. It was a great ball over the top, and a great piece of control and finishing by Gayle. End of story. As for the the third and fourth goals, Bennett was on by then and his presence prevented neither.

@mortyYou asked Ray what exactly he had evidence for. He has posted previously questioning AN''s man management skills. It''s on that issue that he has also previously claimed inside knowledge. AN''s publicly criticising players and seeming refusal to shoulder any blame himself appear to be the catalyst on this latest occasion.

Ray. The way you talk, it is as if you are an expert - or think you are.  Who are you then?  Why the cloak and dagger stuff?  Shouldn''t be saying this kind of stuff because you work for the club?  On dangerous ground?  Can''t say what you really feel at the club? Whatever it is, unless you are just like the rest of us and outside looking in, it seems to me you should not be posting this stuff.  Maybe you just have a "source" who works for the club.  Well in that case you are giving us stuff that is third hand and as such is not much better than one person''s view which you cannot corroborate because it is just hearsay.  It''s a really unsatisfactory thread.  I write rubbish from time to time, I realise that, but you come on here with a voice of authority or at least knowledge of things inside the club - and it feels wrong that you should be doing it....unless you can back up what you say with evidence.   Sorry, but that is how it seems to me.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]@mortyYou asked Ray what exactly he had evidence for. He has posted previously questioning AN''s man management skills. It''s on that issue that he has also previously claimed inside knowledge. AN''s publicly criticising players and seeming refusal to shoulder any blame himself appear to be the catalyst on this latest occasion.[/quote]Sorry but I need to know more than "I have some evidence, but I can''t tell you what it is, or how I came about it" to be convinced.Now I doubt there is any actual evidence of what Ray is alluding to, other than perhaps a disgruntled player who doesn''t get picked as much as he thinks he deserves. And I bet theres a few of those at every football club in the country.The only actual tangible evidence we have, that we can see and touch, is Alex''s record, especially at this level, and our league position. Anything else is just opinion and empty conjecture.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="CJ"][quote user="westcoastcanary"]And Ray, you haven''t answered my question yet about who you would have selected instead of Seb.[/quote]

To me the real issue is what the hell was the captain doing after Newcastle equalised. If it had been me , I would have asked ref how long to go and then got team organised to run clock down. That is real issue takes real quality to kick off and conced another goal in a minute![/quote]There is no point in moaning right now about our failure to sign a CB in the summer. I simply wanted to know who Ray himself would have selected, given that he had explicitly criticised AN''s choice. He has now given me an answer. I wonder how many people think that a CB pairing of Martin and Bennett would actually have been an improvement on Martin and Bassong (who, after all, were the pairing on whom we relied in our last Championship campaign and whom many people on here have said explicitly on many occasions are "good enough for the Championship".Some people seem absolutely convinced that Toon''s second goal would have been prevented by Klose, had he been playing. What reason is there to think that Klose would have got his head on Shelvey''s ball? And if Bennett had been in that position, what reason is there to think that HE would have got his head on it? I don''t think there is any reason. It was a great ball over the top, and a great piece of control and finishing by Gayle. End of story. As for the the third and fourth goals, Bennett was on by then and his presence prevented neither.[/quote]

When you are three one up away from home any defender will tell you , there is no need to press upfield playing for offside keep space to match runs etc.

Sorry last season we messed up in transfer window which even AN admitted lost Prem place , due to enough cover in defence, and we are no better off now than last season . We have midfielders galore most of new signings can not even start yet , we got NO new defenders.

You are right we will never know if Bennett would have done better , to me actually the real issue is not that but the fact that a team could not defend for one minute after Newcastle scored the equaliser. And that mess I put on the captain who should have sorted it . Checked how long to go with ref and then planned a way to waste that one minute of time from the kick off.

A draw from that match would have been poor but acceptable result , a defeat was totally totally unaceptable verging on embarrassing

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]I''m not disagreeing with you; just offering an answer to your question to Ray that Ray himself only answered opaquely. [Y][/quote][Y]

Some of the narcissists find it hard to accept that a fellow poster might actually have a bit of insider knowledge.

When his sort of thing crops up I look at the poster involved and in this instance have no hesitation in being prepared to accept what he says at face value without needing to examin the inside of a ducks @rse..

[:D][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/31BQNKjFy4L_zpsyaz3aoku.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/31BQNKjFy4L_zpsyaz3aoku.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]In the past ray has displayed inside knowledge with several correct line ups before games. I trust him[/quote]What do you think this "evidence" that he is alluding to, could be?

If he was disclosing club secrets and "evidence" ray would probably be criticised for a loose tongue. If he says nothing he will probably be criticised. Guy can''t win tbh

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]If he was disclosing club secrets and "evidence" ray would probably be criticised for a loose tongue. If he says nothing he will probably be criticised. Guy can''t win tbh[/quote]Well maybe it was unwise to take the line of "Yeah I know stuff, but I won''t give you specifics" then, wasn''t it?What do you think it is then? Disgruntled player?

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]How would I know? I was just commenting that in the past ray has proven to be an interesting and insightful poster.[/quote]I completely agree, he has been.But I''m extremely interested as to what this evidence is that he has.Like I said, other than someones opinion the only tangible evidence as to whether or not Alex Neil is a good manager is his record and his league position.This is worth a watch.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]It wouldn''t take a rocket scientist to work out who some of the disgruntled players are.[/quote]So you do have an opinion.Go on then, who are your guesses?I''ll start you off with Lafferty.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]If I was Ryan Bennett I''d be pretty annoyed about being in and out of the team.[/quote]And he has been known to shoot his mouth off on social media too. Yeah, you could be onto something there[Y]

I''d maybe be annoyed at myself for not making a better impression at Birmingham with Martin and Bassong both sitting on the bench...

Personally I think Bennett is massively overrated. Struggles with any sort of pace or intelligent striker. Martin may be less physical but he''s got a better brain on him.