Colin      Doherty         Rossi J             Drury

Henderson     Jarrett    Brennan          Mcveigh

Hucks           Ashton

Our injury list is a better team, as someone has said

Green (not injured i hope)

Louis jean (has been out), Fleming, Shackell    Charlton

Marney    Hughes   Safri

Ryan J    Mckenzie    Thorne

I''ll be surprised if Rossi Jarvis starts as centre back. I suspect one of the injured crew will prove to be fit - Davenport, Fleming or Charlton. I understand that Colin has played centre-back hasn''t he? But then do we have a right back? Drury could probably play centre back at a push with Brennan as left back with perhaps Rossi Jarvis in centre midfield? What is his preferred position?

I forget about Davenport in the NCFC injured X1, but i agree no mad that Rossi J wont start. As u said Colin may play centre half and louis jeanplaying right back. God help us.

I have not seen him play but recall he played in central midfield in the pre-season warm up games so could be a partner for Jarrett assuming Hughes has not recovered.

OTBC

I hope he plays this 4-4-2

Green

Louis-Jean          Colin             Doherty          Drury

Henderson         Jarrett            R Jarvis          Huckerby

McVeigh         Ashton

leaving Brennan and 3 goal keepers as subs, lol.

Alternatively we could see this   4-3-1-2

Green

Louis-Jean           Colin            Doherty         Drury

Henderson     Jarrett      Brennan

Huckerby (free role)

McVeigh          Ashton

Personally I would not have colin in the middle.  While he has improved game on game at right back (and my MOTM on sat) his one weakness is strength in the air.   Luton like to get early balls up to howard and doc will not be on him all game.   Luton will have a ball in the air against Colin.

Drury is hardly dtrong I know but is better than colin so I would go with him in the middle with Doc to go

Colin    Doc    Drury   Brennan

Hendo  Jarvis  Jarrett   Hux

Ashton   WLY

good point there zipper I take that onboard and agree that Drury would probably be better for aerial stuff, however has he ever played in a central role?   If he has then I agree, but if not we know Colin has and is more likely to play better.   I know these are professional footballers, but we all know what happens to Norwich players when they are played out of position, they lose the ability to pass, communicate and tackle.

Apparently this is the team confirmed for tonight, according to source on WOTB

Green
Fleming-Doherty-Charlton-Brennan
MLJ
Huckerby-Hughes
Jarrett
Ashton-McVeigh

swings a roundabouts each way stevenage - either way we have numerous fringe players on the pitch and far too many out of position.

Maybe we will get a shock and see a reserve/youth team player on the pitch...

while the signs are not good we have been so inconsistent I can feel a good result coming on...

OTBC

[quote]Apparently this is the team confirmed for tonight, according to source on WOTB Green Fleming-Doherty-Charlton-Brennan MLJ Huckerby-Hughes Jarrett Ashton-McVeigh[/quote]

Blimey.  That team just shows the weaknesses we have in our squad.  I know we have a lot of injuries but that is pretty worrying

[quote]Apparently this is the team confirmed for tonight, according to source on WOTB Green Fleming-Doherty-Charlton-Brennan MLJ Huckerby-Hughes Jarrett Ashton-McVeigh[/quote]

Urgh.

Suddenly Colin is injured too yet Flem, Charlie and Hughes have all recovered??

I guess the formation is more likely to be with Hux at the point of the diamond and hughes and jarrett in the middle (didnt they start together in the middle against Crewe?) or is it a straight 4-4-2 which would seem to use MLJs pace better on the right flank.

Despite feeling very uncomfortable with that 11 I still have a sneaky feeling of a positive result.

OTBC

Although the latest headlines on the PU are that Hughes is out but has volunteered to be on the bench in spite of his injury.

The man (Hughes) has leadership (&PR) qualities by the bucketload...

OTBC

I have a sneaky suspicion Hughes will play, and if Charlton also passes fit then I''d stick him at centre back presuming Davenport doesn''t make it (he''s a left footer with experience in that position). As for the right wing spot (Marney definately out) I reckon playing a right back out of position (MLJ) could be a better option to take than playing a forward out of position (Hendo).

--------Green-------

Colin Doc Charlton Drury

MLJ Jarrett Hughes Hucks

------Ashton WLY------

Bench: Ward, Brennan, Hendo, Rossi Jarvis... er... Worthy?... or a competition winning fan? (or both if Hughes doesn''t pass fit an Jarvis has to play centre mid)

I like that on paper too, but the risk you are running there is two players having to play 90 minutes in a very competitive game that have just recovered from injury - Charlton and Hughes.   I would rather play 100% fit players and have them as options for the second half.

shame left back isn''t a problem, with Brennan and Drury both fit, we need midfielders.   I like the idea of Louis Jean as right wing that someone mentioned as he was very quick there against Inter in the friendly and got some good crosses in.

I have heard that Michael Spillane has travelled with the team, now he is a player who will go places, a fine athlete quick agile big and strong and still only 16 I am sure if there is a problem in defence he would play ahead of Rossi Jarvis!!!!