Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Quarter of season gone - on track so far

Just over the magic 2 points per game average - a ,long way to go but I''m sure most of us would have been happy with 23 points from first 11 games when the season started

I have to be honest, its far better than I thought we would do, keep that average up and we''ll be straight back.

Yeah doing better than I expected

But it is a good job this league is full of poor sides especially in the final third.

Newcastle showed us they have the quality to take the chances and score goals when Neil decides to make subs that gives the opposition 100% possession.

Same can''t be said for the teams that have done the same against us i.e Wigan, Cardiff, wolves today, Sheffield Wednesday, Bristol.

Keep going along with the 2 point average boys.

Seriously? It''s all because the rest are poor? Where''s Buh? Surely even Ron wouldn''t grudge him a few posts on this thread....

Lol Nutty, yea fine but make a point, just don''t mock!

I thought Alex Neil interviewed particularly well today (he''s always been quite good.)

His relaxed view of the Newcastle debacle hit just the right note and his praise of his players did the same.

There seems to be a good ethic developing amongst the players and the Klose/Jerome interview epitomised this.

Things are very good in the state of Norwich City and as one of those dubious supporters who questioned our manager''s overall performance last season to the point of giving him just ten games to redeem himself (later advanced to fifteen) today''s competent performance against one of the leagues strongest has now finally convinced me that we should now give this man the season in it''s entirety ( even though he balls up at the end last Wednesday.)

It''s now down to basics ie. the cost of paying of Neil and his team and the risky nature of appointing a new man.

For good or for bad I now insist we stick with wee Alex, wee tinkerman that he is, for the entire season.

For what it''s worth.

It''s a work in progress - getting over relegation, getting new players in, getting young players involved, learning to cope with championship football, dealing with the expectation, dis-regarding ridiculous social media nonsense, ignoring the boos and negativity - and being successful at the same time.  So far so good, but there''s a long way to go. Just as well we have such a capable man manager who is mentally strong enough for the job - as he shows week in week out.