Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Match Thread

[quote user="Buh"]Unlucky Ricardo, unlucky.[/quote]

Do you ever discuss football matters? Or is trolling too much fun?

Great win! Defense can take a much needed break now to refresh.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Buh"]Unlucky Ricardo, unlucky.[/quote]

Do you ever discuss football matters? Or is trolling too much fun?

Great win! Defense can take a much needed break now to refresh.[/quote]

Hear hear! Tedious little cretin as usual.

[quote user="Buh"]Unlucky Ricardo, unlucky.[/quote]Conceding 1.4 goals a game has nothing to do with bad luck.

What a huge three points! Really chuffed with the performance and obviously the result.

Could be argued that it was the best performance of the season considering what a kick in the teeth Wednesday was. Tough old place to go and win and we had to battle hard after Wolves scored but the game management at the end of the game was much better.

Probably Klose as man of the match but a word for Jerome who was terrific.

Why are some of you even here still? We won.

Put your calculator away Ricardo you''ll hurt your brain

3 points, second in the table

An excellent come back after Wednesday night and a well taken goal by Jerome and a stoker of a strike from Brady. We are still not playing at our best so it is looking good for the rest of the season. I do hope our passing steps up a gear as we put ourselves under pressure at times today through misplaced passes. Three points from two tough away games is a good return and better than two draws which I think most of us would have taken before the Newcastle game.

Onwards and upwards!

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Just popped in to congratulate AN for that outstanding goal.

He gets the blame for poor defending after all.

Come On You Beautifull Yellows!👍[/quote]
Post of the thread! My faith in City fans is restored MrJ.
no mention of God today but apparently Alex Neil had been reading the views on here which helped him get it right. Even though he made the wrong subs and picked the wrong team. oh well, Onwards and upwards [;)]

But remember he can''t be given credit for picking the players up after Wednesday. They clearly picked themselves up ........... oh! wait a minute ...... [:D]  [;)]

Great result and much better with Klose- let''s face it, with him playing on Wed we''d have got 3 points then too.

Still a concern that we let them back in from 2-0 up and it was a bit nervy towards the end. But also credit our players for reasserting themselves when Wolves had brought on a striker and were threatening, instead we calmed it down and scored a super second goal. And they didn''t really have much of a chance in injury time.

So really good to be going into the break in 2nd. Still some things to work on , but overall tonight we looked a class above Wolves at their place.

Thought we looked too far strong and experienced for a very poor Wolves side who posed no threat until the last 15 mins. A great win after Wed setback but as usual made hard work of it. Obviously should not moan when we are in second place but I still think this side is capable of playing much better.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]But remember he can''t be given credit for picking the players up after Wednesday. They clearly picked themselves up ........... oh! wait a minute ...... [:D]  [;)][/quote]

😂😂

Of course you make correct views on our defence Ricardo, but it is what it is, its been this way for a few seasons and its not going to change. Main thing is though, in this division, despite  nearly everyone, me included, being disapointed not getting enough strikers in, we are scoring goals and winning games, and watching City defend leads keeps the heart pumping healthily!City doing better so far than i expected, also not boring at all watching an AN team in this league, rather have it this way any day of the week compared to the Hughton era, despite our hereditary weaknesses. Such a good win today, well done City.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Fiery Zac"][quote user="ricardo"]Still far to open out wide[/quote]

I like our attacking full backs. We''re defensive enough as it is, you''d rather we sat back on the wings as well?[/quote]I''d rather we didn''t make our own problems. At 2-0 the game should be over, no need for further heroics. We could easily have thrown that away as at Newcastle.[/quote]

That''s why I thought Howson for Murphy was the right sub at the right time. Didn''t need the luxury of Murphy and Howsons work rate (just about) saw the game out.

Their goal was not for being overly open out wide, just a poor piece of positioning and not even challenging for the ball from Pinto. Shame as he''d had a good game up to then.

Westy... the credit is the man management of publicly trusting the players to pick themselves up. Now where''s my buddy Ray....

Just back from game as live in Midlands.

A really great win but performance was only ok. wolves are very poor and we did make hard work of it.

But one thing I did like is the attitude of players like Jerome, Klose, Pinto and Hoolahan AND Russell Martin!They really play with passion and seem to love the club.

If we can start playing with style we could smash this league

Good point Rocky. I''ve noticed there''s a real togetherness this season. Certainly better than 2014 when I didn''t feel it until after the Jan window shut. We''ve got a big squad so good players will be missing out every week. If Alex can keep them all happy we could very well smash it.

Wolves are most definitely not " very poor", they will be in and around the play offs for sure.

If anything today it was almost too easy today, and we took our foot off the gas.

But we dominated them for most of the game.

Hi Nutty,

Your buddy Ray is alive and well and absolutely delighted with the performance, the 3 points and the fact the manager steered clear of tinkering, he is also delighted that under similar circumstances, although fully accepting not exactly the same, the manager appeared to adopt different tactics to those he adopted on Wednesday with a far more satisfactory outcome.

However the credit for the players picking themselves up surely belongs to the players themselves, because as he said "it is their job". (smiley face & thumbs up)

[quote user="Ray"]Hi Nutty,

Your buddy Ray is alive and well and absolutely delighted with the performance, the 3 points and the fact the manager steered clear of tinkering, he is also delighted that under similar circumstances, although fully accepting not exactly the same, the manager appeared to adopt different tactics to those he adopted on Wednesday with a far more satisfactory outcome.

However the credit for the players picking themselves up surely belongs to the players themselves, because as he said "it is their job". (smiley face & thumbs up)[/quote]Are you now posting just to provoke me Ray? [:D] In this instance, though, you judiciously qualify your dig. As you say, while it might indeed "appear" the different tactics could be attributed to lessons having been learned from Wednesday, any differences could equally or perhaps more plausibly be attributed to it being Wolves we were playing, not Toon. 

Westcoast,

The provokee can only be provoked by the provoker if the provokee considers themselves provoked!!

Anyway, re your post, I thought that is what I said? Note to self; I really must be more obvious. Another Note to self; Nah, it''s more fun being opaque!

Have a good day.

Buh,

What the hell are you on about, please explain, it''s Sunday morning and your wit (or whatever it is) has gone over my head - thanks.

I know its a small point, but didnt Wolves beat Newcastle a couple of weeks back. AN and the team are doing grand.We are on course for promotion. I expect that We will lose at least once more this season ,this does not worry me. so will most, if not all our rivals.

We are in a good place, lets enjoy it, this is a fun ride.