Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Match Thread

TEAM: McGovern; Pinto, Martin (c), Klose, Olsson; Tettey, Dorrans; Ja. Murphy, Hoolahan, Brady; Jerome. #ncfc

SUBS: Ruddy (GK), Bassong, Howson, Oliveira, Pritchard, Bennett, Jo. Murphy. #ncfc

So Howson dropped for Wes and Klose back in for Bassong.

[quote user="king canary"]TEAM: McGovern; Pinto, Martin (c), Klose, Olsson; Tettey, Dorrans; Ja. Murphy, Hoolahan, Brady; Jerome. #ncfc

SUBS: Ruddy (GK), Bassong, Howson, Oliveira, Pritchard, Bennett, Jo. Murphy. #ncfc

So Howson dropped for Wes and Klose back in for Bassong.[/quote]Nope, Howson dropped for Tettey -- it''s a 4-2-3-1.

COYY,

Just spent enjoyable few mins reading the TW@TD binners going berserk :)

ready to rub their noses in it - hope they''re going to be watching us and some decent non-hoofball stuff in a few minutes as they''re so unhappy with their manager down there.

OTBC

Pleased with that team, although personally I would have brought Ruddy back.

Most important thing is the reaction we get after Wednesday. I don''t think confidence will have been knocked too badly but we need to go and show it.

[quote user="king canary"]@Jools

You can''t be dropped for someone who was in the team last game...[/quote]I repeat, it''s the 4-2-3-1 -- Hoolahan was dropped for Howson for the Newcastle game and the latter was wrongly fielded as play-maker, whilst Tettey went into the double pivot -- Tettey remains in the double pivot today, alongside Dorrans who also stays there, and Hoolahan has gone back into the attacking central-midfield role.Therefore, Howson has been dropped for Tettey [Y]

The above team just been confirm at the stadium. Pitch looks good. Conditions great for us.

On the ball city

I don''t want to get bogged down in semantics but that makes no sense- if you''ve been dropped for someone it has to be someone that wasn''t in the team, no matter the position you play.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Pleased with that team, although personally I would have brought Ruddy back.

Most important thing is the reaction we get after Wednesday. I don''t think confidence will have been knocked too badly but we need to go and show it.[/quote]Why? The Newcastle game would''ve been a forgone conclusion by the end of the first half if not for McGovern -- the late goals conceded were a culmination of poor substitutions, dubious ref decisions (time added) and awful defending (Bassong).

Is it time to take Murphy off and bring on Bennett??😉

[quote user="king canary"]Dorrans just played a beautiful 30 yard ball out to Murphy. We do look better with him in the XI.[/quote]LDC wants to know if he played it from the left, KC? [;)]

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]If we could actually keep the ball instead of gifting it back we''d be quite good.[/quote]
were retaining the ball fairly well so far I think.

Would like to see Jerome in the box more- Pinto has put in a couple of good crosses and he''s not been in position to challenge for them.