Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

A mention for Cameron Jerome...

No keeper in the world is keeping that header out, every bit as good as his goal midweek - dominated his marker, simple header with no power but placed to absolute perfection. It''s the exact sort of goal you want your big target man burying

5 goals now so far? Not bad for a player that most were saying was washed up and needed replacing. Led the line superbly today.

I suggest you go back to the whole transfer window fiasco and some of the posts that were made about him then :)

Plennnnty of people said he was washed up and not up to it and he just keeps scoring and scoring

Holt had the same thing, always a rush to be the first to spot a players downfall. The "I told you so" crew

[quote user="Buh"]Plennnnty of people said he was washed up and not up to it and he just keeps scoring and scoring

Holt had the same thing, always a rush to be the first to spot a players downfall. The "I told you so" crew[/quote]Well ''Canary''One at least. Well done Cam. keep up the good work[Y]

Was superb today. Looks like Oliveira will have to wait a while longer for his league debut.

He''s good for the role we want him to play in this division. We know he''s good enough at this level but we also know he''s not good enough at the next one.

No, only a tiny minority wanted rid of Jerome, tiny. Most fans have the nouse to know that he is a fantastic Championship striker and he got plenty of backing ahead of this season. 
Calling people out for slagging him off is entirely unnecessary.

I think the concern was more of what happens if he''s injured and the lack of back up. It was solved by the signing of Oliviera but at the a''se end of the window.

Whoops, beat me to it! Totally agree, been one of the stars of our season so far.

[quote user="king canary"]He''s good for the role we want him to play in this division. We know he''s good enough at this level but we also know he''s not good enough at the next one.[/quote]Can''t disagree with this. It must be some sort of psychological block.

Was a fair few people wrote Cameron Jerome off

But now...

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He works so hard and makes the team work! He''s not always in the middle to smash it in but that''s because he''s working his arse off somewhere else.

King, he may not be good enough for the next level but, newsflash, we ain''t at the next level. We are here. There isn''t a team in this division who wouldn''t bend over backwards to have Cameron Jerome in there team

But maybe we should have got McCormack for 1 bazzillion pounds

How''s he doing?

If we do go up perhaps he should ask for a transfer to a championship club , I''m a big fan but last year he''d have missed that header he missed several sitters in the prem, he has everything you want in a striker and at this level he is almost unstoppable !!!

We go up the going rate for a proven championship striker is now 13 million pounds (cheers villa)

That should be the minimum we accept for him.

[quote user="Herman"][quote user="king canary"]He''s good for the role we want him to play in this division. We know he''s good enough at this level but we also know he''s not good enough at the next one.[/quote]Can''t disagree with this. It must be some sort of psychological block.[/quote]I don''t think it''s psychological block at all..... it''s simply that he''s not quite good enough for the top level.No shame in that. He''s brilliant where we find ourselves right now and that''s what counts.

Always works hard. And 95% of city fans get it and appreciate Cam. Great reception when he came off last home game . 24 goals last championship campaign ? And the goal today was pure "centre forward" which apparently he can''t play.

I''ve met Cam. He is a pro. Absolutely delighted for him tonight .

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Herman"][quote user="king canary"]He''s good for the role we want him to play in this division. We know he''s good enough at this level but we also know he''s not good enough at the next one.[/quote]Can''t disagree with this. It must be some sort of psychological block.[/quote]I don''t think it''s psychological block at all..... it''s simply that he''s not quite good enough for the top level.No shame in that. He''s brilliant where we find ourselves right now and that''s what counts.[/quote]As Spartacus pointed out he missed many chances, much easier than today''s, in the Prem. I''m not suggesting he''d be a worldy, but he did have the qualities for a lower Prem, double figure striker, but he gets a footballing stage-fright.

First Norwich City goal scorer at Wembley. Instant legend!

100% every game - that earns a lot of support from me.

Very tough job being the lone striker but this guy works his nuts off week in week out, yes I know it`s all about goals for most fans but he gives 100% every game and now with a few goals added is slowly becoming the perfect championship striker. Would we rather be without him?

[quote user="FCC"]First Norwich City goal scorer at Wembley. Instant legend!

100% every game - that earns a lot of support from me.[/quote]
And what a goal it was at Wembley. Chased a lost cause to win the ball, then pulled out a finish that was pure class.
I agree with the above, I don''t know why he doesn''t score more in the Prem - he has the ability but seems to get stage fright as aforementioned. Must be a confidence thing, as he missed chances last season that he would have buried this year.

An excellent goal and well worked assist topped off one of his best displays so far this season. I think he deserved the motm and never stopped working hard. I think the signing of Oliveira has not only motivated him but also taken a bit of pressure off. 20+ goals? Certainly on track so far!