Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Meanwhile down the road...

From the BBC match report - it sounds like the natives are getting restless...

Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy:

"We weren''t very good on the ball and we didn''t create anything. We have got some injuries but I expect more from the players I had out on the pitch.

"It is difficult at the moment. I am not surprised by the fans'' reaction. We did not play as well as we could and the crowd are getting frustrated and venting their feelings.

"I am doing the job to the best of my ability but if we are not as good as the crowd think we should be, then they pay their money and it is up to them if they want to boo. I am not happy with how we played myself."

Not quite Buh....

Our country cousins down in Suffolk have actually managed a truly impressive 8 League goals this season.........

Mind you - 4 of them were in their first match.

None of them "count" as such. I don''t "count" Ipswich as a football club

397 minutes since their last goal! Says it all really, sell the only striker you have at the club and this is what you can expect. This could well be the season where they break the run of 15 seasons in the Champs, and it isn''t going to be from going up!

Imagine only have scored four goals in the last 10 league games. Utterly soul crushing stuff. Barely got over 16k fans yesterday and it''s only going to go down the longer this continues.

I feel sorry for MM, as I actually quite like the guy. He has done pretty well considering what he has had to work with, but its really looking like his luck is running out.For them though, I don''t think a new manager will make much difference, the real issue is Marcus bleeding the club dry.

selling Murphy was the final nail in their coffin......even by their standards ,their season being over on October 1st is early!.

still can''t understand how their Chairman who claims to be a fan , happy to have his name emblazoned all over the stadium and on the shirt, who is worth an estimated £750m (more than Paul McCartney)....doesn''t put even a £5m into the team , which would make a difference at this level?.

dont think theyre "quite" bad enough to go down to league one....but if one these seasons they do, it would be interesting to see if they bounce staright back up....of the clubs that do, its usually those who''s fanbase sticks with the club.

You could easily see them getting gates of 11-12k in that league

They are in a relegation fight

And when they go down, they''ll go down for good

Well on paper there''s lots of squads better than there''s. Just imagine picking a side that had Luke Varney, Kevin Bru & Freddie Sears in it.

Anyone half good is sold on and the money not reinvested. Relying on frees & loans. Wickham, Walters, Cresswell, Mings, Murphy all sold in recent seasons for around £25m. Wheres that all gone. When you see sides like Brentford & Bristol City being more ambitious than a so called "big famous club" than you should be worried.

At the moment we have players like Turner, Andreu, Whittaker, Lafferty, Naismith, Canos not even making a match day 18 squad or out on loan who would easily get into there starting lineup.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]selling Murphy was the final nail in their coffin......even by their standards ,their season being over on October 1st is early![/quote]
I don''t think their season is over, unless you already think they''re relegation certainties (which you said you don''t). I think they''re going to be right in the mire this season.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]selling Murphy was the final nail in their coffin......even by their standards ,their season being over on October 1st is early![/quote]
I don''t think their season is over, unless you already think they''re relegation certainties (which you said you don''t). I think they''re going to be right in the mire this season.
[/quote]

I''d love to agree with you, but I think theyve had poorer sides and managers under Jewell and Keane and still not gone down.....unfortunately there''ll be enough worse sides than them to ensure they''ll embark on a 16th season in this league next year..

But they''ve got that multi million pound benefactor. Surely it''s only a matter of time before they''re established in the premier league....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]But they''ve got that multi million pound benefactor. Surely it''s only a matter of time before they''re established in the premier league....[/quote]

You left out, "Illustrious history", and "forever in our shadow".

They badly need a relegation and a chance to reset..............................so lets hope they just manage to avoid the drop[Y]

"They badly need a relegation and a chance to reset."

that doesn''t always follow.....if I were to predict (or hope) whether Ipswich would do an either ourselves/Leicester or Southampton.............or a Sheff Utd,Coventry or better still a Portsmouth, I know which I''d bet on....

I am beginning to think Mucus Evans has for years been a closet City fan and none of us have realised.

I agree with Morty and feel a bit sorry for MM too although it seems the fans are losing patience with the style of fotty he''s making them play and his team selection.

The real problem I think they have is their owner, he doesn''t communicate with them, just keeps them ticking over, doesn''t seem to have any ambition for them, doesn''t give MM any money to strengthen and when they were sitting pretty in the top 2 last season make no effort in Jan to get them any help in to push on.

Now there''s only one reason for that and even the most hardened Ipswich fans are beginning to see it , that''s why hes happy to sit back and do nothing. I think they are stuck with him for a few more years yet until they''ve served their purpose.

That is now two posts i have read where posters feel sorry for MM. Get a grip as there surely can be nothing to feel sorry for with regard to anything or anyone connected to that club. Nobody forced MM to take the job and if he was that good he surely had other options before signing on the dotted line ?

I don''t feel that sorry for him Tilly lol just think he''s an ok kind of person who says it how it is and probably would do better somewhere else

As you say no-one forced him to take the job and no-one is forcing him to stay working for someone who gives him little support

[quote user="Buh"]Don''t feel remotely sorry for anyone at any level of that club[/quote]I don''t feel sorry for Mick but I acknowledge that he is a decent guy who has done his best in a difficult situation. Unfortunately for him and Town fans, the multi-millionaire owner has milked the club rather than invest in it.Nobody will do any good there without a big input of resources and on past form ME seems to have no desire to do that.You can''t make a silk purse out of a sow''s lughole.

[quote user="Move Klose"]I think they will be in huge trouble if they were to go down.[/quote]Here''s a lovely old song from way back whenPerhaps they could play it sometime next FebruaryPetula(do sing a long)