Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Nothing 'bizarre' about it at all!!!!

We now have a new group "The Monotonous Cretins"!
Please let it be me! This sounds far more exciting than "Certain Posters" and "Usual Suspects". I''ve never wanted to join a group so much since I joined the National Institute of Bog Cleaning Bingo Callers. 

I can understand the criticism of Bassong, but I really don''t get it about Martin. I can''t think of a time recently and thought, ''that was down to Martin''s error''. Can''t say the same for Bassong I''m afraid to say, which is a shame as he used to be damned good.

Maybe those "monotonous cretins" aren''t as nervous as you, HB, because they remember we got promoted two years ago with Martin and Bassong both in defence. And, while a new partner alongside Klose as well as him staying fit would be brilliant, if that''s our back-up, it really shouldn''t be a disaster in the Championship.

It''s also not as simple as just bringing in another defender. Our budget is restricted to a certain extent, with the addition of attacking players having taken priority so far, something that was achieved in the summer. I''d be highly surprised if we don''t see another defender brought in during January, although that may, of course, rely on one leaving.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]and i yet again will lose my rag and rant on the good ole Pinkun Messageboard, only to be once again labelled an idiot and somehow totally in the wrong by the monotonous cretins on this board.[/quote]Once again, comedy gold from my favourite poster. [Y] [:D]

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Maybe those "monotonous cretins" aren''t as nervous as you, HB, because they remember we got promoted two years ago with Martin and Bassong both in defence. And, while a new partner alongside Klose as well as him staying fit would be brilliant, if that''s our back-up, it really shouldn''t be a disaster in the Championship.

It''s also not as simple as just bringing in another defender. Our budget is restricted to a certain extent, with the addition of attacking players having taken priority so far, something that was achieved in the summer. I''d be highly surprised if we don''t see another defender brought in during January, although that may, of course, rely on one leaving.[/quote]

Im not nervous LI, just tired of seeing us dismantled and lose matches because AN keeps picking Bassong and Martin together.

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"]I can understand the criticism of Bassong, but I really don''t get it about Martin. I can''t think of a time recently and thought, ''that was down to Martin''s error''. Can''t say the same for Bassong I''m afraid to say, which is a shame as he used to be damned good.[/quote]

Its more the combination of Bassong and Martin, than singleing out Martin alone. I dont think anyone is overly happy with him at CB, but with Klose he''s half decent I suppose, i would rather someone better as Martin''s performances are up and down and less consistent than Klose.

The issue is Bassong and Martin together, it should not be happening, but AN isnt learning anything from the debacles they have been involved in time and time again.

"Time and time again". How many matches has Neil recently played Bassong and Martin together since we have had Klose, and how many of those have been through choice?

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]it should not be happening, but AN isnt learning anything from the debacles[/quote][:D][<:o)]

Can''t help but feel that if I wanted to top myself, i''d climb to your ego and jump to your IQ.

Bassong''s contract runs out in the summer, and it''s clear he isn''t getting another one.Looks like Alex Neil tried to ship him out in the summer, but if deals fall through, he''s stuck with him.Can someone translate that into "monotonous cretin" for Matt''s benefit? [:P]