Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Nothing 'bizarre' about it at all!!!!

The fans are seething as well you as AN. We got exactly what we deserved when the decision was made to start Bassong and Martin. We were battered for long spells and the only surprising thing was it took so long for them to score 4.

I cannot believe that a collection of football professionals that are paid to make these decisions fail so badly. How many times have we seen the Bassong Martin partnership implode?

You only have to look back at the very last time we visited St James Park. Why hasnt AN learnt from the 6-2 debacle? Not to mention the Liverpool mess and Watford away where Bassong was at fault for all 3 goals.

The thinking was that Bassong is left footed and Martin right, so its about balance. Whats the point of balance if the defenders a f""""""" s""t!!!!!!!!!!

Appalling decision making by AN and he is proving that he is just not learning from past mistakes.

I long for the day when Bassong and Martin are gone from the club, then we wont have to put up with this crap anymore. Its the Doherty situation all over again, for years he was here and our defence was at a certain level because of it. He was finally replaced and surprise surprise our defence magically just looked better.

" Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. "

1. Nice to see you back, why did you choose today?2. Glad to see that someone started a thread detailing all these points, literally nobody had brought them up so far.

God knows why you''d want rid of Martin when up to now he''d been in a CB pairing that''s won 5 games in a row.
Didn''t you do some podcast thing once?

Great post Matt, always something new to say.

Zzzzzzz.

So you think that those long balls hit by Shelvey were the fault of Bassong and Martin playing together, possibly the next phase could be the fault of them. If that is the case why did we implode when Bennett was sent on to help them? Your post is a typical scapegoating of the usual culprits. Look a little deeper into the game, it is a team game and the loss cannot be blamed on the 2 you are blaming. I accept they weren''t great but please try and give a more balanced view.

Hilarious how none the repliers seem to agree with me. The usual suspects post there childish responses and i can only assume that you all think Bassong and Martin are brilliant and cannot be blamed for last night, or the Liverpool mess, or Newcastle away last season.

Oh dear Matt -

"Not to mention the Liverpool mess and Watford away where he was responsible for all 3 goals".

You mean that game away at Watford where we lost 2-0??

I get that you hate Bassong Matt, but I didn''t realise that your hatred extended to altering the results of games he''d played in.

[quote user="Red Rufus"]So you think that those long balls hit by Shelvey were the fault of Bassong and Martin playing together, possibly the next phase could be the fault of them. If that is the case why did we implode when Bennett was sent on to help them? Your post is a typical scapegoating of the usual culprits. Look a little deeper into the game, it is a team game and the loss cannot be blamed on the 2 you are blaming. I accept they weren''t great but please try and give a more balanced view.[/quote]

Rufus I suggest you watch the highlights as Bassong is at fault for all 4 goals. And facts are facts, when Bassong and Martin play together we ship goals and lose matches.

Thank God that Martin and Bassong didn''t play together in central defence when we played the most valuable match in our history eh Matt?

You know - the playoff final against Middlesbrough?

Just imagine if we had played those two in central defence and Whittaker at right back - what a disaster that would have been?

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Oh dear Matt -

"Not to mention the Liverpool mess and Watford away where he was responsible for all 3 goals".

You mean that game away at Watford where we lost 2-0??

I get that you hate Bassong Matt, but I didn''t realise that your hatred extended to altering the results of games he''d played in.[/quote]

Yes bravo Thirsty I made an error. Your the best and im the worst. Well done.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Thank God that Martin and Bassong didn''t play together in central defence when we played the most valuable match in our history eh Matt?

Just imagine if we had played those two in central defence and Whittaker at right back - what a disaster that would have been?[/quote][:D]

Yes Matt - you made an error.

To err is human - to forgive divine

And to selectively pick evidence which backs your prejudice while ignoring evidence which contradicts it makes you look at best a bit unbalanced and at worse a bit of an a**e.

Let''s not beat around the bush, we were awful defending last nigh, we took our chances and the reality was Newcastle deserved the win, which they got.

The more I see their second goal the more I ask what was Bassong doing? Didn''t go to the ball to head it nor run with Gayle, just let it drift over his shoulder! That was the key moment, that''s why I think Bassong is the target of a very poor defensive performance by all our team last night.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Thank God that Martin and Bassong didn''t play together in central defence when we played the most valuable match in our history eh Matt?

Just imagine if we had played those two in central defence and Whittaker at right back - what a disaster that would have been?[/quote][:D][/quote]Never heard of ageing then Morty , maybe next game we could bring back Forbes and Stringer. Russell Martin is utter shite and has been for about 3 seasons now a disgrace that he is still at the club drawing a wage and even more so that he dictates what position he must play , bloke sums up everything that is wrong with the club.

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Thank God that Martin and Bassong didn''t play together in central defence when we played the most valuable match in our history eh Matt?

Just imagine if we had played those two in central defence and Whittaker at right back - what a disaster that would have been?[/quote][:D][/quote]Never heard of ageing then Morty , maybe next game we could bring back Forbes and Stringer. Russell Martin is utter shite and has been for about 3 seasons now a disgrace that he is still at the club drawing a wage and even more so that he dictates what position he must play , bloke sums up everything that is wrong with the club.[/quote]Go talk to Matt about it[Y]

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Thank God that Martin and Bassong didn''t play together in central defence when we played the most valuable match in our history eh Matt?

Just imagine if we had played those two in central defence and Whittaker at right back - what a disaster that would have been?[/quote]

Christ your dumb

So your comparing the Boro team that year to the Newcastle team now?

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Yes Matt - you made an error.

To err is human - to forgive divine

And to selectively pick evidence which backs your prejudice while ignoring evidence which contradicts it makes you look at best a bit unbalanced and at worse a bit of an a**e.[/quote]

Ok so show me the evidence that the Bassong and Martin partnership works, cause my memory just serves up last night, the 6-2, the Liverpool mess, the Watford ''2-0'' the Tottenham 3-0? Bassong I believe again?

No your right Thirsty, Bassong''s a world class CB and him and Martin has proved time and again to be solid pairing.

[quote user="Indy"]Let''s not beat around the bush, we were awful defending last nigh, we took our chances and the reality was Newcastle deserved the win, which they got.

The more I see their second goal the more I ask what was Bassong doing? Didn''t go to the ball to head it nor run with Gayle, just let it drift over his shoulder! That was the key moment, that''s why I think Bassong is the target of a very poor defensive performance by all our team last night.[/quote]

I watched the goals again today and i thought that about every goal, what was Bassong doing. He was involved in every goal and failed to block/tackle every shot. IE do his f££$% job.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Christ your dumb[/quote]Glad that''s cleared up.Go and shout at a wall, you sanctimonious, jumped-up little tart.

Which estate agents do you work at Matt?

I bet your sales patter is right up there.

"This house is ****ing awful, I said three months ago they should ****ing sort the roof out and the ****ing heating don''t work. Your welcome."

I expect there will be another thread if we lose at Wolves but then again if we win............................