Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Di Matteo To Be Sacked

You spoilt it by saying you '' kinda sympathise with their fans ''.No sorry i cannot accept that in any way shape or form.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]You spoilt it by saying you '' kinda sympathise with their fans ''.No sorry i cannot accept that in any way shape or form. [/quote]Taking away all the rivalry nonsense, I was talking to a friend yesterday who is an Ipswich fan, and she has literally given up on the club she has supported since she was a kid. It has got that bad she just can''t bear to go to games any more. I find that kinda sad, and can empathise with her, and wonder what the hell I''d do on Saturdays if we ended up in the same situation.And like I said, looks like time has shown that we made the right choice in regards to ownership and investment, thankfully.

Be very surprised if our manager doesn''t get a mention at some point, he ticks all the right boxes from what I''ve seen of Dr Xia''s comments on the kind of manager they want and style of play etc, but can''t see him leaving here for them to be honest (thankfully!). That said.... could it be....

An instant return for Big Sam?

[quote user="Alex "]Be very surprised if our manager doesn''t get a mention at some point, he ticks all the right boxes from what I''ve seen of Dr Xia''s comments on the kind of manager they want and style of play etc, but can''t see him leaving here for them to be honest (thankfully!). That said.... could it be....

An instant return for Big Sam?[/quote]I see what you''re saying with Sam, but as the rest of this current scandal unfolds, who knows what will come out?He could actually be banned from football.Actually, yeah, this sounds just like Villa''s style!

[quote user="morty"]Taking away all the rivalry nonsense, I was talking to a friend yesterday who is an Ipswich fan, and she has literally given up on the club she has supported since she was a kid. It has got that bad she just can''t bear to go to games any more. I find that kinda sad, and can empathise with her, and wonder what the hell I''d do on Saturdays if we ended up in the same situation.[/quote]Supporters support and don''t give up on their teams through the bad times Morty. I''d still support City even if we were in the Conference. [Y]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]Taking away all the rivalry nonsense, I was talking to a friend yesterday who is an Ipswich fan, and she has literally given up on the club she has supported since she was a kid. It has got that bad she just can''t bear to go to games any more. I find that kinda sad, and can empathise with her, and wonder what the hell I''d do on Saturdays if we ended up in the same situation.[/quote]Supporters support and don''t give up on their teams through the bad times Morty. I''d still support City even if we were in the Conference. [Y][/quote]Its a fair point mate, I guess I would too.But 15 seasons in the Championship, with no sign of improvement, its testing!

Don''t worry Lapps, once the cook has taken us into the long overdue inevitable administration, we''ll always have Norwich United 😉

[quote user="Alex "]Don''t worry Lapps, once the cook has taken us into the long overdue inevitable administration, we''ll always have Norwich United 😉[/quote]Good call Alex, they''re Pride of East Anglia''s second team after all. [:)]

Still hopeful that Norwich United can arrange a friendly with Ipshite just so that our second team can officially put Ipshite down to 3rd in the Pride Of Anglia rankings. But no worries if they can''t arrange that friendly, Lapps - it''ll be a league fixture before we know it anyway 😉👍

Got no doubt Alex will be mentioned in a possible replacements for villa.

I don''t think the villa board have the sense to pursue him and I don''t think Alex Neil is stupid enough to go.

Ignoring the precedence set by lambert and his current careeer path I think Alex knows this is his best shot at getting back to the premier league. A x2 time promotion manger is a hell of a thing to put on a CV!

If not Big Sam then what about Big Ron..... as in AtkinsonHe''s been there before and so knows his way around and would most likely be able to understand what the locals are saying as well.

[quote user="Elsie Spoonpigeon"]If not Big Sam then what about Big Ron..... as in AtkinsonHe''s been there before and so knows his way around and would most likely be able to understand what the locals are saying as well.[/quote]

City 1st - Funny you should mention Ron, I see he''s just released an autobiography which I saw in a book shop today, he must be nearly 80 now.

[quote user="Diane"][quote user="Elsie Spoonpigeon"]If not Big Sam then what about Big Ron..... as in AtkinsonHe''s been there before and so knows his way around and would most likely be able to understand what the locals are saying as well.[/quote]

City 1st - Funny you should mention Ron, I see he''s just released an autobiography which I saw in a book shop today, he must be nearly 80 now.[/quote]
It''s funny you should both mention Ron because Tilly told me he''s on tour with those other old wrinklys The Stylistics appearing in Hunstanton. Betcha by golly wow Tilly''s going to watch one of  ''em...

My favourite Ron Atkinson moment was when he was managing Nottingham Forest, after they got kicked 8-1 at home to Man Utd, his response to the furious Forest supporters was that he''d ''given them a nine goal thriller'' 😂