Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Di Matteo To Be Sacked

Shame as he''s doing well........ Front runners for the job supposedly Bruce, Wagner of Huddersfield and the one and only Mick Mccarthy. Would you want him to leave Ipshit. I like the fact that he''s there and they are playing awfull football. Wouldn''t want them to have an up and coming young manager who plays good football. Like to have a good laugh at them.

Hope they poach Hughton or Wagner who are doing great jobs at their clubs. We need as few auto promotion rivals as possible and Villa are already 13 points behind us with an extremely lop sided squad, if they get a new manager who improves them and they catch us we''d only have ourselves to blame so I''m hoping they weaken another one of our rivals

No sane manager currently in work and doing well would want this job. The same squad that failed epically in the premiership is now under performing in the championship. The owner is on his way to being one of those foreign owners with a overbearing nature that no manager can survive. If someone not in work wants it, good luck to them.

[quote user="Buh"]Mick McCarthy starts praying for his escape[/quote]This would be a double edged sword, as I think the scum would sink like a stone without him, but he could do okay at Villa.

Agree and while I''m no fan of villa watching Ipswich drop to a relegation they could never recover from would be Hilarious

Can we start taking bets on how long after the next appointment is made by Villa they will be immediately installed as favourites for promotion by certain characters on this board and we will be doooooooooomed?

I believe it''s known as "The Benitez Effect".

Apples

[quote user="Buh"]Agree and while I''m no fan of villa watching Ipswich drop to a relegation they could never recover from would be Hilarious[/quote]Oddly, over on TWTD they are talking about a scenario where they get compensation for Mick, then get a young promising manager to replace him.Bless.

If I was a binner I''d be keen on getting McCarthy out. Not just about results, they''ve scored 4 goals in their last 11 games- must be worse than us under Hughton.

[quote user="king canary"]If I was a binner I''d be keen on getting McCarthy out. Not just about results, they''ve scored 4 goals in their last 11 games- must be worse than us under Hughton.[/quote]Its not the manager thats the problem though, is it?Its the chairman systematically draining them dry.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Can we start taking bets on how long after the next appointment is made by Villa they will be immediately installed as favourites for promotion by certain characters on this board and we will be doooooooooomed?

I believe it''s known as "The Benitez Effect".

Apples[/quote]

It''s worth reviewing the predictions on this thread from when RDM was appointed, still no reason for Villa to panic they''ve still got Steve Clarke!http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3/3380659/ShowPost.aspx#3380659

Says something that most of our fans want them to sack McCarthy as well.

Most of them actually believe they have a decent team that''s being stifled by his approach.

Absolutely deluded. I can''t wait for them to sack him and appoint Karl Robinson or Ian Holloway so we can laugh as they plummet towards league one while playing lots of short simple pointless passes in their own half and harp on about being a work in progress and needing time to undo the damage that Mick caused.

It''s gonna be a right laugh. Come on ME, listen to the fans!!!!

"He also paid the price for dropping 11 points in the final five minutes of games, when they conceded five goals".

Not quite sure about the maths here; but to think that some of our fans go on about our supposed inability to defend a lead.

[quote user="morty"]Lol, saying on SSN De Matteo had a win rate of 8.3%![/quote]

I''d be interested to know what villa''s win rate has been over 50 games can only remember about 4 wins. So on that basis RDM was doing an ok job there. Manager ain''t the problem

Wouldn''t want to be appointing a manger right now

You don''t know what is going to come out in the papers

[quote user="have my howson it"][quote user="morty"]Lol, saying on SSN De Matteo had a win rate of 8.3%![/quote]

I''d be interested to know what villa''s win rate has been over 50 games can only remember about 4 wins. So on that basis RDM was doing an ok job there. Manager ain''t the problem[/quote]The club has been a car crash since Martin Oneill left, and Lerner stopped putting money in. Lambert just papered over the cracks for a few years.

@Morty

It seems the general feeling there is more anti-Mick. He''s been given a few more attacking players this season (Tom Lawrence and Grant Ward are both pretty good) but persists with long ball, safety first football. Obviously having their best striker sold from under him so late in the window didn''t help much though.

[quote user="king canary"]@Morty

It seems the general feeling there is more anti-Mick. He''s been given a few more attacking players this season (Tom Lawrence and Grant Ward are both pretty good) but persists with long ball, safety first football. Obviously having their best striker sold from under him so late in the window didn''t help much though.[/quote]I would liken it to us selling Cameron Jerome and not replacing him. I feel for Mick, every player they have sold over the last few years, he has been given virtually none of the money to spend, it reminds me of us when we used to do the same. Its frankly a miracle they have managed to stay in the Championship. But I do feel theres a tipping point coming sometime soon.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="king canary"]If I was a binner I''d be keen on getting McCarthy out. Not just about results, they''ve scored 4 goals in their last 11 games- must be worse than us under Hughton.[/quote]Its not the manager thats the problem though, is it?Its the chairman systematically draining them dry.[/quote]In all honesty Morty the problem surrounding the Scum is everything. The town is a dump,the pubs are awful,the fans are inbreds,the ground is starting to fall to pieces,the players are misfits and over the years have had the odd lowlife or two amongst them ( Chopra and Taylor to name a couple ), the Chairman is dubious at the very least,the manager has a face like a slapped ar&e but apart from that everything is fine and dandy down there.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"][quote user="king canary"]If I was a binner I''d be keen on getting McCarthy out. Not just about results, they''ve scored 4 goals in their last 11 games- must be worse than us under Hughton.[/quote]Its not the manager thats the problem though, is it?Its the chairman systematically draining them dry.[/quote]In all honesty Morty the problem surrounding the Scum is everything. The town is a dump,the pubs are awful,the fans are inbreds,the ground is starting to fall to pieces,the players are misfits and over the years have had the odd lowlife or two amongst them ( Chopra and Taylor to name a couple ), the Chairman is dubious at the very least,the manager has a face like a slapped ar&e but apart from that everything is fine and dandy down there.[/quote]None of that has any bearing on anything on the pitch though.I know its the scum, but I can kinda sympathise with the fans. Some of our own fans were jealous when Marcus Evans took over. There, but for the grace of God, go us.

And I''ll add that it really does make you appreciate our own majority shareholders, and how they have conducted business.[:)]