Sign in to follow this  
The young canary

Are we second

Because of Neil or despite having Neil as the boss

We have a rolls Royce of a championship squad we should be walking this league but instead we are struggling to hold on to the shirt tails of Huddersfield

If we had a rolls Royce manager we would be out of sight by know.

Really concerned we are making this much much harder than it needs to be

get a grip. Yes we have a strong squad but alex Neil is doing a good job with them. we are hardly playing vs pub teams.for example, some of the top clubs around were looking at Ivan cavaliero from wolves ydy, there are some top drawer players even at this level.

Bloody hell...

I mean logistically it''s pretty difficult to be out of sight after 11 games even if our manager was the f*cking batmobile.

I think the first 11 fixtures have been quite favourable so far. Are next 11 games we have to play Brighton, Brentford, Villa (new manager), Huddersfield, Derby(new manager) which could turn out a lot trickier. But you can only beat what''s put in front of you and that''s currently what we are doing for 75% of the time.

That''s a bit silly.

There are few mugs in this league, clubs who have spent a lot of money themselves and a lot of very decent players.

But for a couple of minutes of extra time and we would romping away with it. Evenso, you cannot dismiss the rest of the league so lightly.

Besides, if you were asked to construct a "Championship" team at this moment in time how many of our "Rolls Royce" squad would get in it?

Most would be there or thereabouts but you could say this about quite a few other squads in the league.

February 2017 Championship scenario:NCFC top of table by 20 points.Post by Young Canary:  Are we leading the Championship by 20 points because of Alex Neil or in spite of him?Nothing would change with you would it?[:(]

[quote user="The young canary"]

[/quote]

Is it Paul Lambert?

[quote user="The young canary"]Because of Neil or despite having Neil as the boss

We have a rolls Royce of a championship squad we should be walking this league but instead we are struggling to hold on to the shirt tails of Huddersfield

Really concerned we are making this much much harder than it needs to be[/quote]animated-fishing-image-0022

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="The young canary"]

[/quote]

Is it Paul Lambert?[/quote]

I hadn''t thought of that but now you mention it 👍

You could argue a good manager needs a good squad and a good squad needs a good manager?

McCarthy at Ipswich, decent manager with a poor squad

Di Matteo at Villa, decent squad with a poor manager

Neil at Norwich, decent manager (although far from perfect) with a decent squad (although far from perfect)

You need both imo, if not you end up stuck in this division, and that''s probably the worst position to be in

I''d argue Portman Road is the worst position to be stuck in, not sure every poster on here would agree.

I enjoyed being stuck in there after the match in 2000 when Iwan had his Bergkamp moment. We were locked in for at least 20 mins. What a party :)

[quote user="Move Klose"]I think the first 11 fixtures have been quite favourable so far. Are next 11 games we have to play Brighton, Brentford, Villa (new manager), Huddersfield, Derby(new manager) which could turn out a lot trickier. But you can only beat what''s put in front of you and that''s currently what we are doing for 75% of the time.[/quote]Dont quite see that MK, for instance our last 4 away games were at Birmingham, Forest, Newcastle and Wolves, all of whom  could be argued as  being pretty decent on their own turf, we had Sheff. Wednesday to who were / are one of the fancied teams. Truth is the old cliche, there are very few easy games in this division, just look yesterday at the Rotherham vs Newcastle match, Toon winning it but Rotherham playing so good and being rather unlucky not to get points from it. Any team on any given day can beat the opposition, regardless of their current standing in the division.Its 46 games, id argue the next 11 are no more / less tricky than the previous 11, City can be beaten in any of them or can win any of them.

Both Aston Vila and Newcastle have squads with a higher paper value than ours. Both have Champions League-winning managers in charge. Both are currently below Huddersfield (and us) in the table.

Next!

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]I mean how many points have we taken from teams above us in the table?[/quote]

How many points have we dropped against teams above us in the table?

[quote user="ZLF"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]I mean how many points have we taken from teams above us in the table?[/quote] How many points have we dropped against teams above us in the table?[/quote]

No but the point is that we didn''t do very well when we played Birmingham.  So when we play teams like Brighton, Brentford or Barnsley, whose names also start with a B, surely we''ll struggle there too ?