Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Ip5w1ch's attendance tonight

Or lack of. 15,000 of which 500 were away fans.

I know they''re a shoite, tinpot club but that really takes the mick (out).

Ah, forever in our shadow.

Don''t forget that will include season tickets even if they didn''t go! So probably a lot less than that by the sounds of things!!

But do we have their glorios history (or their pretty shyte now ) ?33 goals in 38 games25 or more years in the lower league in the past 30 odd years

and since that supposed ''glorious history''one second tier championship - we''ve won twoone FA Youth cup - we''ve won twowe''ve also won a third tier championshipqualified for Europe more timesspent longer in the PLfinished higher in the PLand also picked up a League Cup trophy .. to their nothingis this our glorious now ?

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Don''t forget that will include season tickets even if they didn''t go! So probably a lot less than that by the sounds of things!![/quote]By the sounds of the squeaking on twtd I should imagine it was as you say a lot lower than the figure givenlets hope there is not any troublethe last thing the club wants is small groups of disgruntled farmhands muttering under street lamps

I like this bit from TWTD:-

"My memories of the night:

Terrible entertainment

Kids doing everything but watching the football

Screaming kids

Upset fans

People either asleep or pretending to be

Two people having a massive argument (couple) over something unrelated to football. Moody silences and then return to argument

Bad Smells".

Poor Championship attendances all round last night.

Eleven games and not one rises above 20, 000.

Even Birmingham could only muster (under) 16, 000.

With us likely to average 25, 000+ this extra income spread over the course of a long Championship season of twenty three home games goes a long way towards mitigating against the reportedly high wages bill that we have to sustain.

If, for example, if we manage an average some 8, 000 above Portman Road over the course of a season @ say £30 per head (including extras) that''s: 23 x 8, 000 x 30 and it comes to more than £5.5 in extra income over the course of the season.

They say that gates are not so important nowadays, even in the Chumps with television, sponsorship, advertising, merchandise and wealthy owners as other important sources of income, but although we were disadvantaged by the rule changes some years ago, whilst we were in the top league, which gave the lion''s share of the gate to the home side our healthy support gives us a head start in this league.

"Not forgetting all the overpriced, cold sausage rolls they might buy as well Broadstairs."

Yes, but they must be a delicious part of the match day experience (not that I would know) and would make a nice change from my usual diet of nut cutlets, wheatgerm and Fosters lager when I make my annual visit.

I actually included those as ''extras,'' but forgot to mention the extra money paid to every Championship club by the PL (£2m per annum?) for just being there and, of course, the parachute payments.

I had the misfortune of going to the game yesterday as a guest of a supplier I work with.

I can honestly say i was the worst game of football I have ever seen. Absolutely nothing happened in 90 minutes and the atmosphere was like sitting in a library.

I spent most of it try to count the number of empty seats in the stadium in an effort to stay awake.

On top of that the smell coming from the gents toilets in the Cobbold stand could have come straight from the pits of hell and the sausage roll I had at half time was completely inedible. No wonder the queue for drinks and food had about 5 people in it.

If nothing else it made me be realise how lucky I am to watch our exciting brand of football in a full stadium with a decent atmosphere. OTBC!

Turns out there was only 12k there! They''ll be down to 4 digit attendances soon!

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/387185/apparently-there-was-only-12k-in-the-ground-for-the-brighton-game/#30

And their next home game is the star attraction..... Burton Albion.But fear not, ever at the cutting edge of marketing the binners have come up with a stunning  deal.Yes, you''ve guessed it.... cutting the price of tickets (why have we never thought of that).It''s a ''binner for a tenner'' whereby any season ticket holder (daft enough to still be going) can take up to four other sorry souls along for £10 each.Unfortunately some poor deluded binners thought that meant that the club was going to pay them to watch mad Mick''s turgid dross - and so are holding out for £20

ps is it not time to put the poor old donkey out of it''s misery - or at least let it run free in League 1 where it is suited ?

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/387185/apparently-there-was-only-12k-in-the-ground-for-the-brighton-game/#30

try this Ronhighlight or cut link ie the twtd onetype message in thread  - attendancehighlight word attendance (but not cut it)paste link (twtd etc) into green globe with link undreneath..... top right above boxword attendance will then become a link

..... hopefully

I can''t make up my mind if it would be better for them to go down or just stay stagnate in the champs.

If they go down they might struggle to get back which would be brilliant but can you imagine if they stay in this division a bit longer it will reach 20 years! How soul destroying to sit in the same division going nowhere for a whole generation.

[quote user="Kev Woody Wood"]With the uninspiring football they play, there attendances will continue to decline.For a long time they have been in our shadow long may it continue.[/quote]B*oody hell Kev.....three posts in 12 years !!At this rate you''ll soon be on the slippery slope to full-blown addiction. [;)]

But surely with all of their History they must sell out every week? I mean they won at Wembley didn''t they? You know, before they knocked it down?

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]I can''t make up my mind if it would be better for them to go down or just stay stagnate in the champs.

If they go down they might struggle to get back which would be brilliant but can you imagine if they stay in this division a bit longer it will reach 20 years! How soul destroying to sit in the same division going nowhere for a whole generation.[/quote]

Could see them going the same way as Coventry.

unfoturnately winning the FA cup, for smaller clubs, is not the great thing you would imagineask Wigan, Wimbledon, Coventry and Portsmouthwhat is surprising is how the simple rural folk of suffolk are meekly accepting the gradual disitergration of their clubthe longer they wait, the longer it will take to get back on track

[quote user="Elsie Spoonpigeon"]unfoturnately winning the FA cup, for smaller clubs, is not the great thing you would imagineask Wigan, Wimbledon, Coventry and Portsmouthwhat is surprising is how the simple rural folk of suffolk are meekly accepting the gradual disitergration of their clubthe longer they wait, the longer it will take to get back on track

[/quote]

Are we one of those ''smaller'' clubs?

Here''s a question...as a Norwich fan, if you had a choice of winning the FA Cup or a guaranteed 10 year stay in the Premier League, which would you pick?

either way I would not expect to be still chuntering on about it 40 years latermore so if  NCFC was heading down the pan at an alarming rate - as per our impoverished neighbours

FA Cup as long as we remain competitive and a good honest community club. If winning the Cup meant we ended up like the binners you can shove it...

Cup for me.

Each time we go up, I dislike the PL circus more and more. For clubs our size, it will forever be a case of trying to scrape 40 points together for a further season of...trying to scrape 40 points together etc.

Yes, Leicester did the ''impossible'' but they still had a few quid more than us with which to do it.

The Champs is less predictable, more down to earth and more fun.

Not sure what this has to do with th falling attendances at poorman road....................................but well done Drazenic for distracting attention away from the binners