Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Team for Rotherham, Oct 15th

[quote user="lake district canary"]FTW. Most of my stuff is harmless.  Some of it''s misinformed, some of it''s rubbish, some of it is ok and sometimes - so I''m told - I get things pretty much right, but 99% of it is harmless.   So why the feck should I put up with the constant barrage I get led by two sad keyboard warriors?  At one stage during the last year, I couldn''t write a single normal post about the football without being surrounded by being told I was attention seeking, playing games, trolling, etc etc by these two.  If you could understand how difficult for me to post anything at all on here during that time, you would understand my sensitivity to this.   Why the h*ll can''t I say what I think?  Why on earth can''t I put a team line up down that I have thought out for myself, without being accused of messing about, out for trouble etc etc?   Why can''t I confront posters who are blatantly out to give me grief for the sake of it?   I may have a lot to say for myself, but 99"% of what I write is honest and straight down the line - including my line up threads recently - which were my thoughts on trying to tighten up the defence, which we palpably need - as was proved against Newcastle. I''ve said it many times - I don''t mind being disagreed with and am happy to discuss.  But not with people who are abusive, twisted and just out to big up their ego.  I''m no coward, I don''t need the attention - this board is great when there is no aggro (usually when a certain poster is missing) and I have many better things to do with my time than come on here and counter the mis-information and rubbish that is said about me.  I even answered on topic in this thread in my first post, ignoring all the micky taking, but still got rounded upon. People need to see the wood from the trees.[/quote]I tend not to get involved in arguments, but some posters are obviously just looking for a reaction, and when they get it they believe that it makes them look big.Generally speaking it''s easiest if I just don''t respond to them. Ever.Sometimes their aliases come and try the same thing (or very rarely trying to be friendly). Same (non-)response.This winds them up like you wouldn''t believe as they look more and more stupid. Often they then overdo things when they subsequently move onto their next victim, looking an even bigger fool.Don''t feed the troll is a very sensible maxim. You don''t need to defend yourself as they can''t physically get you.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Surely the error is not starting him FTW [;)][/quote]Well, Indy, that''s a point for discussion. [:)]We know that Tettey''s knees aren''t too strong, and I''d rather not rely on him to play two 90-minute matches in three days directly after being on international duty. In my view, of the two games this is the one that we are more likely to be able to win with craft rather than force, so I''d play our two most creative deep-lying players and give Alex another three days to recover from international duty. If Tettey doesn''t play for Norway, I''d possibly reconsider, but Howson and Dorrans seem to dovetail quite nicely – to my eye, at least.

I definitely understand the principle FTW, but my concern is that we''ve got a shedload of fixtures in a short space of time and I''ve always felt that teams should be strong defensively at home, whilst willing to attack more away, which is why I personally would prefer Tettey starting against Rotherham, because if he''s then not fit for Fulham, then he is available for the next match which is at home against Preston. It''s then a cup game against Leeds which will probably mean more ''fringe'' players getting a run again, leaving him free for the Brighton game (even if it''s away). Therefore he plays 3 out of 5 and thus giving necessary rest time for his knees (starting to turn in our own Ledley King), rather than possibly 2 out of 5.Now clearly as you rightly point out, international duties may decide what happens regardless of what AN may or may not prefer to do, but I almost always think we look better and more solid in the middle with him than without, thus the prioritisation of home apps over away apps (regardless of whether or not this theory is right or wrong), when that decision needs to be made.The other problem is that Dorrans has probably been one of our best players in the past few games and deserves to keep his spot, and similarly Howson has done nothing wrong, but we can''t play all three together and at the minute I really like Dorrans distribution with Tettey''s defensive workrate, whereas Howson can often flit in and out of games and appear fairly anonymous at times yet despite this has been in good attacking form offering both goals and assists!Great problem for AN to have, not so easy for the players or fans though!