Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Team for Rotherham, Oct 15th

For crying out loud LDC.

This thread, to a lot of posters, started ''innocently'' and people contributed to it, the timing of it , REALLY isn''t relevant. You are the one who has bitten. Why not just let it go on this occasion?

People contributed this in an orderley fashion,. and then you tried to blow Bor''s motives. No one else spotted it, no one else cared.

If that was the way you felt about it, why not let it carry on as a ''normal'' team picking thread. Surely that would have gained you more satisfaction, than taking the line you have?

[quote user="lake district canary"][:)]  Howson Tettey Thompson Dorrans?   I''ll flag it up when it occcurs, either in a line up or during a match after subs.  I trust that when it does, some apologies will be forthcoming. [/quote]Don''t forget dropping Wes and playing Murphy there as well.Quite frankly, if AN ever does decide to go with that setup, it should be HIM that''s apologising not me!

Crabbycanary3"

This thread, to a lot of posters, started ''innocently'' and people contributed to it, the timing of it , REALLY isn''t relevant. You are the one who has bitten. Why not just let it go on this occasion? People contributed this in an orderley fashion,. and then you tried to blow Bor''s motives. No one else spotted it, no one else cared."

Oh come on crabby, are you that naive? Take a look at the first page and tell me that people didn''t realise what was going on....

My team for Hull (a) on March 28th. Assuming no injuries, I expect to see a 2-3-5 formation morphing into a 4-2-4 and this line-up:Kennon; Thurlow, Ashman; McCrohan, Butler, Crowe; Crossan, Allcock, Bly, Hill, Brennan.

No subs Purple?

LDC, like I said, why not let it run it''s course as a potential team thread? You would of probably taken far more out of it, by not saying anything

That''s a good looking team Purple!

LDC as Crabby says ......... you would have probably ''You would of probably taken far more out of it, by not saying anything''.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Some of us want to discuss football and some of us need validation.[/quote]Yes indeed, it''s football for me, but you.......well, you won''t get validation from me until you demonstrate a little more humanity. It''s in your hands. 

You called someone a stupid idiot the other day. How come you find that acceptable yet take the moral high ground on the legions of posters that think the majority of what you post is nonsense?

[quote user="morty"]You need to accept that it''s you that has to change Lakey, not everybody else.[/quote]I''ve made a point of not getting involved in these interminable slanging matches, but enough is enough. Lakey, for the love of god, stop being so downright sanctimonious and earnest about everything.I got the sh*t bullied out of me at school, because I always wanted to try and reason with anyone who poked fun at me or had a laugh at my expense. By my mid-teens I had realised that the more I reacted, the more it was going to happen – the only way to stop it was to play along and laugh at yourself. Your ''moral crusade'' is futile and utterly tedious, and strangely enough nobody else got this reaction from Bor and Morty when you weren''t around. Put simply, you need to grow up, grow a pair of b*llocks and start laughing at yourself and the people around you, as you''re ruining this board for an awful lot of people.

Spot on FTW. Whilst I don''t completely disagree with Lakey''s points here he doesn''t seem able to grasp that it''s exactly the bite Bor is looking for from him. Why fall in to the trap every single time?

I had similar at school, where I couldn''t understand why people were saying things deliberately to pi55 me off... which in turn annoyed me even more. But it was solely because of my own reaction/retaliation and it wasn''t until I realised this that I managed to get along with the pi55 taking and other people so much easier.

This whole fighting-the-good-fight high ground approach you seem to take just further fuels the situation and gives people more ammunition, it''s not about being right or wrong, it''s about not responding or not being manipulated into the route they want you to go down.

Can''t you see you''re playing straight into Bor''s hands every single time?

Do you not think that either ignoring the post, or taking it literally (as a football point and nothing more), would''ve been a much better approach?

It''s quite simple, FTW and HSS.  It started with abuse and when that was clamped down on by the moderator, it progressed to character assasination and almost incessant following me around the message board to the point where I could not post a single thing, good or bad without the closest of attention.  I''m sorry if it affects other people, but the level of the attention I get is way beyond what should happen.  It''s become so much a sport now, largely orchestrated by two posters.  I can take a large amount of the micky taking - what I can''t accept is the way two posters are using this board as a game for their egos.  Bor knows exactly what he is doing - as demonstrated by the level of vitriol he came out with last night when confronted with it.  I notice the worst of it has been deleted and quite right too.  That this thread was malicious in it''s intent is obvious by the first few replies - it was obvious even without those replies.  The more sanguine amongst posters can see it - the rest just see the surface stuff and can''t understand what the fuss is about, but the level of it is ridiculous.  The community here is fantastic on the whole, but in any community you are going to get those who want to be seen as top dog and will do their best to bring down anyone who threatens their perceived status. I''m an easy target, I don''t live in Norwich, I have slightly left field views about things, I don''t fit some people''s world view.  That should not mean everything I write should be treated with the kind of maliciousness that it is treated with.  And make no mistake it is malicious and unpleasant. And bor, you are still fooling nobody. [Y]

[quote user="lake district canary"]That this thread was malicious in it''s intent is obvious by the first few replies - it was obvious even without those replies.[/quote]No, this thread was NOT malicious, there was NO personal attack, NO mention of you in the original post, just someone putting a thread up (seeing as how you did the same yourself - but that was of course fine) regarding a potential team selection that you''ve decided to interpret in a completely different way to everyone else, but instead of thinking you might be wrong, you''ve turned it into the Salem bloody witch trials and frankly I''m sick of it.You do get some unfair comments LDC, I''m not denying that, but this pained martyr routine is wearing thin, and the sad truth is that a reasonable percentage of the hassle you get is caused by you in the first place![quote]And bor, you are still fooling nobody.[/quote]Neither are you...

Lakey I mentioned to you a few weeks ago that maybe you should simply ignore the posters you don''t get along with. This would have been entirely possible in this case - if you thought the thread was aimed at you, you could have easily ignored, not commented and just steer clear of it. And that would have been that. Instead, you couldn''t resist getting into a squabble, and ruining a potentially good thread. Now we have pages and pages of grown men fighting like children (of course I''m one of them, so the irony shouldn''t be lost there), that could have been completely avoided if you''d have not touched your keyboard.

You may deny it, but you obviously love the whole drama of it. If not you would ignore, it''s that simple. Another problem you have, and many others have noted, is that you take the moral high ground and talk down to people. Some of your posts are telling others they''re behaving wrongly, and you paint yourself as some sort of innocent victim. You''re not. You invite harassment by talking down to people and giving the view that you''re better than them. This winds people up. You are also made to look like a hypocrite when you occasionally belittle others and revert to put downs like ''numpty'' and ''idiot''. And of course as soon as anyone uses this approach with you, you take offence and play the victim card. I think you actually enjoy all the spats.

What also winds people up is the fact that your ego hates for you to be deemed wrong. De Gea/ Rudd, your stances on Snodgrass and RvW and your bizarre teams would all be simpler to accept if you didn''t go round in circles trying to prove that you''re right and we''re all wrong.

I''m sure you''re a good bloke, but your manner antagonises not just Morty and bor, but several other posters.

So LDC should ignore the fact that he cannot post without facetious and often downright unpleasant stuff being thrown at him in consequence? He is being subject to a message board equivalent of stalking, and the answer is NOT for him to ignore it. The answer is for the perpetrators to stop doing it. 

I''ve probably got to agree with the above.

Leakey I enjoy your threads as they invite discussion, which is probably the point of this board for most. Yes, sometimes your views are leftfield but a debate is a bit empty if everyone chooses to agree. I''m not concerned that you try hard to convince those that disagree, in fact I welcome it just as I do Indy''s Utmost attempts to convince that van wolfswinkel was just misunderstood.

I agree that bor is a very sorry character seeking to compensate for something and that this thread is a windup. However, why bother with him anymore?

You have been victimised. You know that, we know that. Take it as read and understand that you don''t need to point it out and massage the egos.

Quite honestly I want to go back to reading about the club and not contributing but the reading bit is becoming a bit difficult...

We dropped 2 points to Rotherham last time we were in the championship. Not a fixture to be complacent we although possibly rest Jacob murphy for his brother to avoid possible burn out