Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Team for Rotherham, Oct 15th

Tettey and Dorrans were good yesterday but I''d drop them and play Thompson, with Jacob Murphy off Oliviera. Wes, Brady and Jerome were all good but I''d drop them.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Tettey and Dorrans were good yesterday but I''d drop them and play Thompson, with Jacob Murphy off Oliviera. Wes, Brady and Jerome were all good but I''d drop them.[/quote]This is exactly the kind of "out the box" thinking we need[Y]

Playing a useless bottom of the league team time to try 2 up front and see how it goes

As Katie, but I would rest Cameron for Nelson. That said, two upfront would be good.

As long as Bassong doesn''t play we should be ok.

Got to win these games so keep a strong team.

As Katie except I might be tempted to bring Ruddy back and I would definitely leave Brady on the left and Jacob on the right.

I think we need to go with a 5-2-3 system with a libero, a raumdeuter, an inside forward and a false 9. Obviously we would play a double pivot in the middle of the park too.

ruddy back in goal, pinto inverted lwb Brady inverted rwb allowing them to cut in and crowd the middle.

klose and Bennett as the no nonsense centre backs with Alex tettey in a new role as libero in the middle of them.

we then go with Howson and Mulumbu in the double pivot box to box role and look to dominate the middle with help from the libero, false 9 and inverted wing backs.

On the left we give olivera a go as inside forward as an outlet to direct long balls to, on the right we go with pritchard as raumdeuter and allowed a free role and in the middle we go for Wes in the false 9 role looking to knit things together with the crowded middle.

[quote user="Move Klose"]Surely Dorrans on the left & Howson on the right. Need that midfield looking solid.[/quote]Agreed, the 4-2-3-1 is getting a tad predictable and boring now and we keep picking up points with it, but we can''t guarantee maximum points for the remainder of the season playing the same formation with the same players - so, 4-4-2 with Dorrans & Howson who both played a couple of games on the flanks during our last promotion season because of injuries & suspensions - we lost those games, but that''s besides the point -- drop Olsson and field Brady at left-back with Thompson for Tettey in central-midfield [Y] 

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]I think we need to go with a 5-2-3 system with a libero, a raumdeuter, an inside forward and a false 9. Obviously we would play a double pivot in the middle of the park too.

ruddy back in goal, pinto inverted lwb Brady inverted rwb allowing them to cut in and crowd the middle.

klose and Bennett as the no nonsense centre backs with Alex tettey in a new role as libero in the middle of them.

we then go with Howson and Mulumbu in the double pivot box to box role and look to dominate the middle with help from the libero, false 9 and inverted wing backs.

On the left we give olivera a go as inside forward as an outlet to direct long balls to, on the right we go with pritchard as raumdeuter and allowed a free role and in the middle we go for Wes in the false 9 role looking to knit things together with the crowded middle.[/quote][:D]

Rudd

Whittaker Bassong Ollsun Jerome

Howson Murphy Murphy Dorrans

Martin

Tettey

I genuinely believe with Dorrans on the left Tettey is made for the centre forward role (think he once had a shot in 2004 which in my warped mind makes him ideal)

GIVE ME ATTENTION PLEASE MY MOTHER NEVER HUGGED ME AS A CHILD! 😢

[Y] Nothing if not predictable Katie. Well done. I bet it took you all day to think of that one.  Well one thing is for sure - this thread is out in plenty of time......no-one had bothered about the team line up for yesterday, right up to the morning of the match - just as well someone had enough interest to do it in the end.......Oh and on topic, even though it''s a long way off......with Brady finally making an impact and Jerome in great form and being at home - I''d be happy with that line up.  However, bearing in mind we''re at Fulham on the Tuesday, I would think we might see one or two held back for that match. Sorry to be boring and give a reasoned response.

On your dreadful Wolves thread, you said:

"Not one of you suggested a team for yourselves or started a thread talking about a match day team line up."

This is me doing exactly that. You might think it''s about you - you give the impression that it''s all about you - but it isn''t. Sorry to disappoint.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]On your dreadful Wolves thread, you said:

"Not one of you suggested a team for yourselves or started a thread talking about a match day team line up."

This is me doing exactly that. You might think it''s about you - you give the impression that it''s all about you - but it isn''t. Sorry to disappoint.[/quote]

You''re fooling no-one.

For someone who wants the thread to stay on topic and claims they''re not in it to get attention, Lakey sure tries hard to make the thread all about him.