Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Barnet (a) Tuesday night....

This time be minus Toffolo, Andreu & Maddison from the last round. Be interesting to see if any of the senior players not getting a look in get a game.

I''ve been watching Hibs vs Dundee U and thought Andreu has been pretty rubbish. Well the game is pretty awfull.

...its an interesting one.....as with all the other "U-23" sides in the competition, initially it will of course be used to test younger players against other sides first teams.....but as the competition progresses and should they advance into a further stage of the tournament ,and a trip to Wembley in sight, the temptation will surely be there to maximise the use of the 3 overage players?

although not actually overage for this, there''s a chance for Pritchard to play here at least?

Last time I went to Barnet they dumped us out of the League Cup-awful game, Victor Segura took a lot of stick from our fans!

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Last time I went to Barnet they dumped us out of the League Cup-awful game, Victor Segura took a lot of stick from our fans![/quote]1-0 up from the home leg and i think Iwan made it 2-0 that night before we still somehow managed to lose 3-2 ? I was there and as you say Mr Angry the fans were unhappy and one of those Norwich City nights to forget.

At every mention of this competition, I scurry off to google the rules and remind myself of the name of the damn thing. I am sure this would have been mentioned before the last fixture, but as GJL mention 3 overage players, I thought I''d check again. Anyway, it seems the starting 11 must include at least 6 under 21s (as of 30th June). By my reckoning we only named 3 overage players in the whole match day squad against Peterborough - the obvious one being andreu, as well as josh and Thompson, who had both turned 21. Madison, Toffolo and andreu are now out on loan. You''d imagine Canos, Pritchard and Oliviera may come in.

Having to start with at least 6 u21s was the only restriction I could see regarding ages of players in the "invited" teams. I saw nothing about substitutes. I guess later in the competition an "invited" team could replace 3 of the younger players with seniors as the game progressed, and end the match with 8 first team senior players on the pitch if desired. Maybe I am missing something, but I''d have thought they could have also restricted the number of over 21s that are on the bench - maybe to just a further 2. Anyway glad to see so many youngsters involved, although it is also an opportunity for seniors'' match fitness and to assist the youngsters, where necessary. I am pleased we entered. Going to be interesting to see how far the ''u21'' teams go. Don''t even know what we are actually called - bbc has us down as Norwich u21; but I''ve seen sky and here refer to u23 (as in PL2)

Kyle Lafferty is away with NI.

XI: Jones; Efete, Godfrey, Odusina, Ramsay; Thompson (c), Grant; Canos, Pritchard, Jo. Murphy; Oliveira. #ncfc

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mr Angry"]Last time I went to Barnet they dumped us out of the League Cup-awful game, Victor Segura took a lot of stick from our fans![/quote]1-0 up from the home leg and i think Iwan made it 2-0 that night before we still somehow managed to lose 3-2 ? I was there and as you say Mr Angry the fans were unhappy and one of those Norwich City nights to forget.[/quote]

I went with a friend who is an Arsenal fan- he said Sean Devine was a dangerous player-Devine scored 2 goals that night!

Under 23''s only Pritchard & Oliviera over age therefore with maybe Jones but you can play overage keeper plus 3.

Nope. Listening to commentary. By the sound of it Barnet are lively tonight and our very young defence are dealing with everything well. I don''t remember hearing Jones have to make a save. Barnet have had a few corners but it sounds like our back 4 have been very impressive

I saw Odusina against Portsmouth last week and I thought he looked promising with a bit of pace.

Talking about these younger ones - The U18s won at Southampton on Saturday.

Slightly off topic but a bit surprised with no Ruddy tonight.Is it an age thing, i.e. rather give others a run out or are his days numbered now?Any general updates on him?

2-0 Murphy again. Was about to switch the commentary off after Oliveira''s name pronounced wrong for the 1000th time!

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mr Angry"]Last time I went to Barnet they dumped us out of the League Cup-awful game, Victor Segura took a lot of stick from our fans![/quote]1-0 up from the home leg and i think Iwan made it 2-0 that night before we still somehow managed to lose 3-2 ? I was there and as you say Mr Angry the fans were unhappy and one of those Norwich City nights to forget.[/quote]

I''d almost wiped this one from the memory. I bought a ticket for this one as a birthday present to myself and was sooooo looking forward to a simple victory at a ground I hadn''t been to before.

Crap game, crap ground, crap team selection, crap result and crap start to an all-round crap season!

And it pi55ed it down standing on one of the worst terraces known to man.