Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Enough?

I have been analysing the league table and working on coefficients and forecasts for the total points required to win the league and to finish in a promotion space.

My cutting edge "Borcast" (see what I did there?) says that:

CHAMPIONS: 94 points

AUTO PROMOTION: 90 points

PLAYOFF MINIMUM: 77 points

Currently I have us finishing 3rd on 88 points and another trip to Wembley.

What do you think - and what will be enough?

To maximise our chance of auto promotion I''ve always thought we need to aim for a points tally in the 90''s...

By 2017 it''ll be between Newcastle, Huddersfield & Norwich won''t it?

Really good thread. I''ve used some very complicated calculations and formulas and after hours of work have calculated that we''re averaging 2.09 points a game, so we should finish on 96.14 which would definitely be enough for automatic, if not the title.

[quote user="morty"]I think Huddersfield will drop off.[/quote]I remember 2 seasons ago when people kept saying the same thing about Bournemouth. I think Huddersfield are better than people are giving them credit for. Aaron Mooy was a great pick-up. Completely runs their show.I won''t be surprised one bit to see them in the mix at the end.

Let''s not forget that Leicester were going to drop off all last season.

But time will tell.

Huddersfield may lose their manager and that could have a significant part to play.

I''m impressed by people who know about Huddersfield - all I get to see of them is a minute of highlights and we all know how misleading those can be.

It wouldn''t be a surprise if they drop off but I don''t know enough about them to give an informed opinion.

Leicester''s success last season is unparalleled in the history of the Premier League, so not terribly relevant to the Championship where a team often gets to the top of the league in the autumn and sometimes drops right away.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]44 points will be enough to avoid relegation. That should be our first target and then we can build momentum into 2017.[/quote]So beating Rotherham could still relegate us then ?

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]44 points will be enough to avoid relegation. That should be our first target and then we can build momentum into 2017.[/quote]

I think we should aim for 17th and take it from there...

[quote user="morty"]I think Huddersfield will drop off.[/quote]I believe so too - we''ll be gunning for top spot with Newcastle [pi]

Nodge v Newcastle in a game of thrones "horse punching" fight for the championship crown

Sounds epic

[quote user="The young canary"]Can anyone explain the significance of the pizza? 🍕[/quote]Katie did it to encourage fat bastards onto the thread since they ate all the pies. [;)][:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The young canary"]Can anyone explain the significance of the pizza? 🍕[/quote]Katie did it to encourage fat bastards onto the thread since they ate all the pies. [;)][:D][/quote]

😂😂😂😂😂😂

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The young canary"]Can anyone explain the significance of the pizza? 🍕[/quote]Katie did it to encourage fat bastards onto the thread since they ate all the pies. [;)][:D][/quote]A tad surprised at the absence of LDC thus far then [:|]