Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

OT - Tyson Fury

Expletive-laden Twitter rant to announce his "retirement."

Any boxing fans sad or happy to see the back of him, although I doubt he will be out of the media for long. Pretty sure we will see him in the ring again when the cash starts drying up.

Whatever you think of him you can''t deny beating Klitschko in his back garden was pretty spectacular, although I think he realised early on the rematch would be a whole new ball game.

Hope Joshua/Wilder will happen at some point.

Still one of my all time boxing highlights. 😂

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wdFP-R_LYSM

If a scout carried on like this they''d have the book thrown at them by the FA. As a scout for a major FL72 club I have to set an example, sure I have bad days, but I act with integrity 24/7/365

Like him or not it would be sad to see the back of a British world champion for no good reason.

I''m sure every real boxing fan would like to see Fury return.

Fury would beat Klitschko in a rematch, K is past it and legs have gone. Problem Fury has is his biggest enemy and most dangerous opponent is in his own head and you don''t win those battles.

I agree he needs to take a break but with the right help he''s capable of getting himself back on track mentally.

[quote user="king canary"]The man is a grade A fuckwit. I don''t really follow boxing but I''d pay good money to see someone spark him out.[/quote]

THIS. I cannot stand the prick, the supposed "heavyweight champion of the world" really is sad, damning indictment on how low that division has sunk over the years. Imagine him against Ali, Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe, Lewis or even Bruno in their prime that he supposedly is ment to be in now.. utter embarassment to the sport.

Boxing, especially in that division, certainly isnt what it was. Too much avoiding the real challenge and going for the money.

Fury did it with the rematch. He knew he''d get more money than a loss to someone younger and fitter. Fury is not an athelete though. He''s a rough and ready fighter.

Klitchko had picked his fights one too many times and came up against the very defenition of a wild card. I fear Fury is quite daft and is being miss-managed.

I hope he does get back in the ring to prove either way. Although the way he carries on I hope someone can teach him a boxing lesson.

Lennox Lewis would plaster him across the next weeks headlines.

He simply demeans boxing; a messy spoiling street brawler able to take a punch but with limited boxing ability. Everything that is wrong with the demise of boxing esp in the heavyweight division is personified in Fury. That he beat a near 40 year old inferior younger brother of a pair who have held titles in a vacuum of talent for years is hardly a commendation.

Hopefully he will lose his "thrown" for failing to defend and we can finally see some talent step forward.

Once Klitschko calls it a day, will be interesting to see who comes out on top out of Fury (assuming he''s still boxing), Wilder and Joshua.Joshua looks good but he still hasn''t fought a real world-class fighter – was hoping he''d fight Joseph Parker as a warm-up for a potential unification bout with Fury or Wilder, but looks like Parker wants to dodge him.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Once Klitschko calls it a day, will be interesting to see who comes out on top out of Fury (assuming he''s still boxing), Wilder and Joshua.Joshua looks good but he still hasn''t fought a real world-class fighter – was hoping he''d fight Joseph Parker as a warm-up for a potential unification bout with Fury or Wilder, but looks like Parker wants to dodge him.[/quote]

Any idea who Joshua is fighting next then if Parker isnt? I know they were mentioning Klitschko but I cant for the life of me see that happening yet and would be too soon for AJ anyway.

[quote user="Spillay"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]Once Klitschko calls it a day, will be interesting to see who comes out on top out of Fury (assuming he''s still boxing), Wilder and Joshua.Joshua looks good but he still hasn''t fought a real world-class fighter – was hoping he''d fight Joseph Parker as a warm-up for a potential unification bout with Fury or Wilder, but looks like Parker wants to dodge him.[/quote]

Any idea who Joshua is fighting next then if Parker isnt? I know they were mentioning Klitschko but I cant for the life of me see that happening yet and would be too soon for AJ anyway.[/quote]They''d be daft to stick him in with Klitschko or Wilder just yet, it''s a big step up from Dillian Whyte. Parker would''ve been a genuine test, can''t really see who else he would benefit from fighting. No point wasting his time with lumps like David Price, but beyond Fury/Wilder/Klitschko there''s a bit of a void. Maybe an experienced campaigner like Pulev or Povetkin?

Klitschko for me would be Joshua''s safest bet of the three, think Deontay is going to come into a league of his own soon. The man''s an animal and I don''t think Joshua would cope.

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Klitschko for me would be Joshua''s safest bet of the three, think Deontay is going to come into a league of his own soon. The man''s an animal and I don''t think Joshua would cope.[/quote]Trouble is, though, he''s only been beyond the third round twice, and never beyond the seventh. Klitschko is a consummate pro with a strong chin, and will be hurting from being beaten by Fury. If AJ didn''t get Klitschko out early, I''d fear for him. I think he would benefit from a gruelling twelve-round fight with an iron-chinned – but less talented – opponent first.Suffice to say that if AJ and Wilder get in the ring at any point, it won''t be going to the judges... [:)]

FTW totally agree 😊

I don''t feel Joshua is in the same league as the other three but out of them Klitschko surely has to be his safest bet if he was looking for the big test/payday? Also meaning with a fit and firing Fury not the coked up head case!

Agree he needs to take baby steps, I think if he got in the ring with any of the three we wouldn''t be seeing much more of him anytime soon. A lot of hype around the guy who''s pretty much fought nobody, I know Wilder hasn''t had a real test either but I don''t think there''s a comparison.

Wilder looks premier league given time and training. You can''t teach power!

To be fair, Charles Martin was a decent unbeaten fighter. However, the first round was relatively quiet with both fighters sitting behind the jab, then AJ sparked him out with one or two huge shots in the second and that was that. I don''t actually think he''s a great deal less powerful than Wilder, it''s just that Wilder has more experience of going to the later rounds. If Joshua can prove himself over 12 rounds against Klitschko, I''d certainly give him a chance against Wilder – as you say, Wilder hasn''t fought anyone remotely close to Klitschko''s quality.Wonder if Joshua might be tempted to take David Haye out of the equation...? I know Haye hasn''t earnt a shot, but it''d certainly be a big box-office draw, and Haye''s mobility might be a good challenge for him.