Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Olives goal against Barnet

Good strike, but he was a class act in the championship for Forest, so he is likely to be pretty good for us once he gets going. Mind you, according to those in the know on here, it is a stupid idea to put him in the team, even if it helps stop Jerome from getting overused. 

Don''t play the victim card on this one LDC, if '' those in the know'' come after you.

Fluffy bunnies guys, fluffy bunnies.

Don''t think it''s the right time to go dropping Jerome yet. he''s got 2 weeks off and he''s in form. perhaps when the busy Christmas schedule kicks in olivera will be ready to start a few games

Super goal that.  Against Wolves he struggled a bit to get into the game when he came on I thought, which is understandable.

I don''t think you can drop Jerome when he''s scoring regularly and contributing well to the overall team, like we knew he could in the Champs.  Oliveira will get his chance sooner or later.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

Most important thing for me is that he establishes himself as a viable backup/alternative to Jerome, because otherwise a long-term injury to Jerome would seriously mess up our promotion chances. 

[/quote]If we paid circa £5m for him and gave him squad number 9, it wasn''t just to be a backup. He was bought to compete with Jerome. At the moment, Jerome is winning the competition hands-down because he is playing very well. However, as the season progresses, it''s not just injury/suspension that we need to consider, but also form and fatigue. I would hope that, with the surfeit of games coming up, Nelson will get one or two starts – so if something does happen to Jerome, his replacement is not still struggling for match fitness. I think Neil knows he needs to keep increasing his pitch time, whether that''s the odd start when we play three games in seven days, longer stints to replace Jerome off the bench, or playing two up top when we''re not ahead in games. I''m confident in AN to get that balance right.