Sign in to follow this  
kk110

Just doing a bit of research...

...I am interested in what people personally think makes the perfect football team - your input would be appreciated.

This is not my definition it''s the one I have to listen to every home game! [:)]

They should play in Yellow (most of the time)The goalkeeper must be able to kick or throw the ball within a millimeter of hid intended target. He must be commanding but agile and prepared to get hurt after all that''s his job. The centre backs must win every tackle and head every cross, they must not be called Russell or Seb.The full backs must stop every cross coming into the box, be able to be both forward and back defending plus every cross must be perfect.The midfiled must be able to double pivot whilst retaining posession and creating multiple chances. At least one must be called Wes.The forward must convert every chance they are given, if they can''t do that they may be excused providing their name is Grant.The manager must have messiah characteristics and be called Paul. His coaching staff should be visible when things are not going well but invisible when they are.The owner must be the weathiest person on the planet, they do not have to be a supporter and must not be a woman called Delia.They must be able to immediately respond to an instruction of ''Get it away City, get it away''.Err thats it. 

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Someone born under the star sign Leo[/quote]

Thanks - Maybe that could go under Good Luck

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]A player who guarantees 25+ goals a season normally helps[/quote]

Proven Goal scorer - Like that

A team that wins the respect and admiration of fellow fans by virtue of the way that they play their football to entertain and by the exemplary behaviour of their fans.  

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Celebrity owners with community values.[;)][/quote]

Thanks for the imput Til - I will put that as Owners Ambitions

[quote user="paul moy"]A team that wins the respect and admiration of fellow fans by virtue of the way that they play their football to entertain and by the exemplary behaviour of their fans.  [/quote]

I will take that as - Can the crowd influence a teams performance - Thanks Paul

1. The club should represent the community and the region

2. A long tradition of bringing through youth players

3. Turn the youth players into some of the worlds best players

4. Turn players into managers

5. Supplement those players by signing some the worlds best players

6. Be called Barcelona...

Thanks Rogue - Nice train of thought - what it your opinion are the characteristics that make them a formidable team?

Everything at Barca seems to be built from the bottom up.

There (until recently) has been no major foreign investment, their talent is all developed in house (yes I know they have spent massively over the last few years) & they keep turning out players year after year

High work rate, high fitness levels, clear understanding of roles and responsibilities, tactics which are not over-engineered, a strong team bond and spirit and a reliance on passing and movement which leads to attractive and attacking football.

Think League One under Lambert or Alex Neil''s first 20 games.

Unity of purpose.

Under Lambert I seem to recall us beating Billy Davies Forest team. Although he had a reasonable team he noted that to come to a place where the players, the manager, the board and the crowd were all together and supportive was incredibly rare, and difficult to overcome.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]High work rate, high fitness levels, clear understanding of roles and responsibilities, tactics which are not over-engineered, a strong team bond and spirit and a reliance on passing and movement which leads to attractive and attacking football.

Think League One under Lambert or Alex Neil''s first 20 games.[/quote]

Or when Neil Adams was manger and we''d got our Norwich back.

[quote user="FCC"]Unity of purpose.

Under Lambert I seem to recall us beating Billy Davies Forest team. Although he had a reasonable team he noted that to come to a place where the players, the manager, the board and the crowd were all together and supportive was incredibly rare, and difficult to overcome.[/quote]
I don''t know how we ever lose such unity at Norwich. How does it happen?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="FCC"]Unity of purpose.

Under Lambert I seem to recall us beating Billy Davies Forest team. Although he had a reasonable team he noted that to come to a place where the players, the manager, the board and the crowd were all together and supportive was incredibly rare, and difficult to overcome.[/quote]
I don''t know how we ever lose such unity at Norwich. How does it happen?
[/quote]

Lack of ambition. Constantly choosing the cheap option. Ripping off fans. Not being receptive to takeover bids that might propel us to the next level. Fighting on POW Rd. Making embarrassing bids for players. Wasting our striker budget on a screen. That hotel. Moving long standing season ticket holders in order to make space for posher seats on the bench. Not playing Lafferty. Playing Bassong. Playing Martin. Not realising that RyBen IS Bobby Moore. The Wolf. Chris Houghton. Not developing the GeoffWat. Sausage Rolls. Crap kits. Becchio. Not having yellow nets. Goal music. The staged 3..2..1...OTBC. Mick Dennis.