Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Essien Gets Off - Unebleivable decision by FA!

Has anyone ever seen a worse tackle than that one by Essien at the weekend? Not only was it truly horrendous, a Kevin Muscat special, but referee Rob Styles, according to the BBC report, told the FA that had he seen the tackle from another angle he would have issued a red card.So the ref is saying, that according to the rules that he abides by, set down BY THE FA, he would have sent Essien off for that tackle if he was in a different position. And the FA ignore him. I''m no Allardyce fan, he whines too much for me, but he''s got a hell of a lot to whine about here. How can they justify taking no action?And what of Essien''s antics a few minutes later waving an imaginary card at the ref when Gardener had handled. ''Unsporting behaviour'' wouldn''t you say? Does the FA have the slightest interest in showing that top players at top clubs don''t get special treatment? Big Sam will be able to point and whine for a year at this as proof that the big players do get special treatment and who will be able to argue with him?A disgrace! Rant over.

That is absolutely disgusting.  It was a horrific tackle.  A definite ref card.  I don''t necessarily blame Rob Styles at the time.  In real time it was hard to see.  However, how the FA can have ignored it after seeing the video evidence is scandalous. 

Fully justified rant.  If that''s the premiership, I am glad we are in the Championship (until we get there of course and then it''s the best league in the world).