Sign in to follow this  
Salford

WTF Sky?

As nice as it is to have some games selected for TV, is no consideration given to travelling supporters when rearranging fixtures? 5:30 away at Brentford on NYE? Cheers Sky..

And Huddersfield moved forward to the Friday 16th. Should blow a few Christmas parties out the water. We''re already home to Villa on the 13th!!

I can''t understand all the moaning about this at all

It''s good to have so many games on sky. Gets the club a good amount of tv money for the January sales.

New Year''s Eve is just a normal day and a commercial load of bull nowadays. Pay over the top prices and entrance fees that don''t apply any other day. Plus the game is on at 5pm not 11pm is it.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]And Huddersfield moved forward to the Friday 16th. Should blow a few Christmas parties out the water. We''re already home to Villa on the 13th!![/quote]

War declared in my house

[quote user="have my howson it"]I can''t understand all the moaning about this at all

It''s good to have so many games on sky. Gets the club a good amount of tv money for the January sales.

New Year''s Eve is just a normal day and a commercial load of bull nowadays. Pay over the top prices and entrance fees that don''t apply any other day. Plus the game is on at 5pm not 11pm is it.[/quote]At this rate we''ll be on TV more this season than we were in the Premier League [:D]Don''t get too excited at the thought of getting a '' good amount '' of TV money. It''s peanuts now we''ve left the land of milk and honey.

[quote user="CANARYKING"][quote user="Capt. Pants"]And Huddersfield moved forward to the Friday 16th. Should blow a few Christmas parties out the water. We''re already home to Villa on the 13th!![/quote]

War declared in my house[/quote]

I''ve told Mrs Pants where she stands on this matter. I''ve no need to do a Christmas list.

Rather be like Ipswich and be on a grand total of 0 times in December.

If we didn''t have any games on everyone would be moaning and asking why we haven''t.

If you can go then go, if ya can''t then watch it.

It''s a bit rude sky didn''t ask to see your social calendar first before picking what to put on tv.

You''re right... everyone would be moaning. But putting it on so late on one of the more popular annual holidays doesn''t really seem fair on the fans that travel down there tbh.

I''m more pi$$ed off because I only make it back to England once every couple of years, so the rest of the time I''m either watching it on TV anyway or listening to radio norfolk online at silly o''clock in the morning.

For Sky, the fans at the game are a necessary inconvenience.  If we could all be replaced by robots programmed to give the right atmosphere, but without any nasty misbehaviour, they''d be much happier.

Wait a minute, I think there could be an idea for a TV series here... some of the robots start to become self-aware...

It is annoying. I''d started planning my New Years based around me and my Dad making the trip to Brentford and then being home in good time to miss the crowds in London. This is going to be a bloody nightmare.

ICF "Wait a minute, I think there could be an idea for a TV series here... some of the robots start to become self-aware..."

Hang on, us football fans... starting to become self-aware? Could get messy! Put the shrinks on notice.

The 16th is a nightmare, surely Sky are aware of the fact that this will be the night that almost all Xmas parties will be held? Does there really need to be a match on that Friday?

I feel sorry for all the people who have booked parties etc at Carrow Road and will now be told to find another venue. I personally think it''s just out of order.

[quote user="Clint"]The 16th is a nightmare, surely Sky are aware of the fact that this will be the night that almost all Xmas parties will be held? Does there really need to be a match on that Friday?

I feel sorry for all the people who have booked parties etc at Carrow Road and will now be told to find another venue. I personally think it''s just out of order.[/quote]

Is it really a nightmare? Do you really think sky care about wrecking few Christmas parties?

Anyway a Christmas party a place where you sit around a table with work colleagues that you spend more time with and can''t stand the site of them 8 hours a day 5 days a week throughout the year, than your family

Friday night at the football watching the NCFC grabbing another 3 points, give me that anytime.

I''m pretty sure our club will have long had a contingency plan in place for such eventualities, Clint, it''s not like they wouldn''t have been aware this could happen so I wouldn''t worry too much 👍

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

For Sky, the fans at the game are a necessary inconvenience.  If we could all be replaced by robots programmed to give the right atmosphere, but without any nasty misbehaviour, they''d be much happier.

Wait a minute, I think there could be an idea for a TV series here... some of the robots start to become self-aware...

[/quote]

As someone who is often mistaken for James Marsden I had better watch out ☺

[quote user="Alex "]I''m pretty sure our club will have long had a contingency plan in place for such eventualities, Clint, it''s not like they wouldn''t have been aware this could happen so I wouldn''t worry too much 👍[/quote]

I wouldn''t be so sure about that, I bet they''re bracing themslves for the onslaught of complaints tomorrow when they have to tell 250+ people they''ve got to find somewhere else to have their party. As others have said, Sky couldn''t give a f*ck.

[quote user="Paul101"]Championship games on friday nights air on sky mix

so free to all sky customers not bad[/quote]

Given that anything on sky can be had quite easily for free elsewhere., I,m not too sure why anyone would be still paying them.

Rather like still having dial up broadband

You sound like you need to change jobs Howson! I don''t believe that there is any contingency plan in place either. But as already said, it''s not like Sky are bothered.