Sign in to follow this  
pete

Murphy's in tandem for Rotherham?

Just an idea with Pritchard to replace Wes. Wes facing two games in a few days second away in Eastern Europe may need a rest unless rested by MO''N.

The two boys are in terrific form and must be confident. Rotherham will not come with any great hope and will try to park the bus. Will need to open them up width will do that.

I expect they''ll be able to drive like all the other players (that''s providing they''ve passed their test otherwise they may have to use a bicycle made for two).

Positive Pete good lord i like it

be more this Pete than the dark and brooding pete

do worry if we play both brothers that we become to open

[quote user="pete"]Just an idea with Pritchard to replace Wes. Wes facing two games in a few days second away in Eastern Europe may need a rest unless rested by MO''N.

The two boys are in terrific form and must be confident. Rotherham will not come with any great hope and will try to park the bus. Will need to open them up width will do that.[/quote]Would like to see it, but I don''t think Rotherham will come to park the bus - we might force them to play like that, but the reputation we have for letting in goals will always give teams the feeling they can get a goal or two against us.  Could be one of those games where we are hanging on again.  The way we play, we need to get three goals ahead to make things comfortable, not an easy task against any team, even Rotherham.  

Don''t think it''ll work just yet.

Josh doesn''t offer enough to start ahead of the likes of Brady and Pritchard IMO. Canos is already a more complete footballer too. Both Josh and Jacob are electric impact players, and roles from the bench against tiring defenders shouldn''t be underestimated.

They are both huge talents, but I feel some of our under par performances have been because when either of the two start we look a little disjointed at times. I think this is because of their direct and individual stale, which Usually results in a shot on goal/chance or possession given away cheaply.

They don''t suit a side wanting to control and hold possession in the final third. As three from Hoolahan, Pritchard, Canos, Brady and Naismith do.

This certainly isn''t a critism, their both young players with bags of talent. I just feel our general play may sometimes be sacrificed. But if they keep creating and scoring then perhaps it doesn''t matter.

I have a conspiracy theory that there is in fact only 1 Murphy and clever mirror tricks are used to pretend he is substituted

The purpose is to sell on twins and get double the money we would expect for the actual 1 Murphy

Clever move by Moxey

As the one who first initiated the "tinkerman" label for Wee Alex it wouldn''t be right to advocate changing a winning team.

The "It''s only Rotherham" syndrome could well backfire if precautions are avoided.

The same starting eleven did an efficient job of getting the three points at Molyneux and should be perfectly capable of doing the same against this opposition without the need to get carried away with thoughts of cavaliering.

Besides, AN''s use of the Murphy''s has worked very well so

far so why change it?

We want points, not prizes.

Was just thinking how they seem to keep outdoing each other, perhaps after that hattrick, it''s now Josh''s turn to overtake his brother again and stake his claim.

He was always the slightly more promising one for years but it''s Jacob who has had the bigger impact at Championship level, even his stint at Blackpool showed how good he can be at this level.

I bet they constantly have little mind games and banter with each other that pushes them. It may sound daft but even little things like seeing Jacob rated 1 better on FIFA probs gets Josh that extra bit motivated!

I was wondering which Murphy was which on the new Fifa. I thought Jacob was 66 but I never knew for sure as they both just say J.Murphy and I can''t tell from the photos.