Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Wolves

[quote user="GJP"]Be nice if Brady produced something today. Other than a lot of flattering to deceive.[/quote]
Least we got something from him!

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]It''s always going to be hard to take someone serious who compares Rudd to de gea[/quote]If you want to go down that road, my thread there was about a comparison was relative to the size of the two clubs, ie could Rudd be our De Gea - a great goalkeeper for us.  As it went on, I found people saying that there was no way Rudd could ever develop to be as good as De Gea - and for people to put a limit on what he might achieve - well, I found that difficult.  For me he still has the potential to be a top, top goalkeeper. I''m a bit left field, I get that - and unfortunately I leave myself open to the kind of people that can''t take anyone suggesting anything other than what the popular view is. However, as far as this thread goes, if we arrive at a situation where Brady isn''t available and Thompson carries on being in the matchday squad, it will be interesting to see how AN will set up the midfield away from home. Dorrans is good on the left - take a look at this clip of him at WBA - interesting to see how many of them are with him on the left touchline - particularly near the beginning and 2.40 minutes onwards.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDiGNT2zu_AAnyone still think he can''t play on the left or take on the Johnson/Brady role?

Nothing wrong with a bit of free thinking, it''s good for the board if people step outside the popular view and stimulate a bit of debate.

If trying to get a discussion going is depicted as attention seeking so be it, discussion is what we are here for isn''t it?

There are other boards where individuals try to control the content and most of the time it''s like the Mary Celeste.

It''s a shame that free thinkers are turned on rather than welcomed and recognised for value they add.

Lakey''s team was nonsense.

Several posters told him so.

Unfortunately Lakey doesn''t like to be criticised and is completely unwilling to admit he might have been wrong. He then proceeded to go round in circles and dig up clips to try and prove he was some sort of misunderstood genius.

The crux of the matter is that LDC''s team was a shambles and he''s spent the whole thread trying to prove otherwise in another laughable episode in the Lakey saga. Still, he was able to be his usual pompous and self important self and got some attention, so mission accomplished for him.

You see it your way, I''''ll see it mine. Pompous and self important I may or may not be, but not once have you admitted there may be some credence in Dorrans playing on the left should the system need it. And all the evidence I have supplied in the way of quotes and videos and team line ups in the past, you have ignored, in favour of a few lines of personal derogatory remarks.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Lakey''s team was nonsense.

Several posters told him so.

Unfortunately Lakey doesn''t like to be criticised and is completely unwilling to admit he might have been wrong. He then proceeded to go round in circles and dig up clips to try and prove he was some sort of misunderstood genius.

The crux of the matter is that LDC''s team was a shambles and he''s spent the whole thread trying to prove otherwise in another laughable episode in the Lakey saga. Still, he was able to be his usual pompous and self important self and got some attention, so mission accomplished for him.[/quote]Exactly.

[quote user="VanWink"]Nothing wrong with a bit of free thinking, it''s good for the board if people step outside the popular view and stimulate a bit of debate.

If trying to get a discussion going is depicted as attention seeking so be it, discussion is what we are here for isn''t it?

There are other boards where individuals try to control the content and most of the time it''s like the Mary Celeste.

It''s a shame that free thinkers are turned on rather than welcomed and recognised for value they add.[/quote] This ^^  LDC''s posts more often than not have something in them worth thinking about, rather than shutting your brain down like some of his critics.

morty wrote the following post at 02/10/2016 5:11 PM:

Shush...

Shush as in Norwich talk?

At least LDC gets debate going on here, whereas your contribution is generally egotistical self promotion.

Why is Norwich talk so quiet I wonder!

Thing is there is no benefit to playing Dorrans left-mid and it doesn''t require a footballing genius to work that out, either.

We already have Brady who is left-footed, can play defensively (he''s played LB enough times) but can also switch to attack if necessary.

That''s ignoring the fact you lose Dorrans ability to dictate the tempo, the bite he adds into the middle of the park and the opportunity to distribute it to either flank.

I see there is a fine line between success and shambolic nonsense.

Hola Han Solo says "Your predicted teams are so far from the mark that you''re either clueless or do it to get a reaction (of which I''ve just given you one). We will get nothing close to your team."

Didn''t lakey''s suggestion get 8 out of the 11 compared to HHS prediction which was 9 out of 11.

Funny old game

Such a fcuking dcikhead 😴 💤💤💤

Everyone here knows what you''re doing, you''re one of those pussies who wouldn''t say sh1t in public.

Pathetic

[quote user="hogesar"]Thing is there is no benefit to playing Dorrans left-mid and it doesn''t require a footballing genius to work that out, either.

We already have Brady who is left-footed, can play defensively (he''s played LB enough times) but can also switch to attack if necessary.

That''s ignoring the fact you lose Dorrans ability to dictate the tempo, the bite he adds into the middle of the park and the opportunity to distribute it to either flank.[/quote]

At every stage of the proceedings on Wednesday and on this thread I have made it clear that the use of Dorrans on the left is an alternative to using Brady if he is not available/off form or injured.  Brady is the man - if he is on form. I''ve said it often enough.

Curious, is''t it. I know my team was a bit creative, but it turns out Dorrans has played quite a bit on the left in his career and I discover today that Ja Murphy played last season in the no 10 role for Coventry.  Funny old game. [^o)]

Half a dozen games there for Coventry is hardly playing there all last season...

But you keep trying to justify it LDC, we don''t mind...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Half a dozen games there for Coventry is hardly playing there all last season... [/quote]But it does prove a point to the extent that it was not so ludicrous to suggest him in that position in any potential line up, does it not?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Half a dozen games there for Coventry is hardly playing there all last season...

But you keep trying to justify it LDC, we don''t mind...[/quote]

Indy, you might want to think about the lengths you went to to prove van wolfswinkel was wasted.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Indy_Bones"]Half a dozen games there for Coventry is hardly playing there all last season... [/quote]But it does prove a point to the extent that it was not so ludicrous to suggest him in that position in any potential line up, does it not?

[/quote]
Does it?  Would you ride naked on a horse in Norwich? I doubt it.......but it''s not unheard of in Coventry.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Indy_Bones"]Half a dozen games there for Coventry is hardly playing there all last season... [/quote]But it does prove a point to the extent that it was not so ludicrous to suggest him in that position in any potential line up, does it not?

[/quote]
Does it? Would you ride naked on a horse in Norwich? I doubt it.....but it''s not unheard of in Coventry.

Whittaker played as a DM against Brentford once. I think you missed a trick with your team. Which wasn''t the team that was picked by the manager, was it?

[quote user="Barbe bleu"]Indy, you might want to think about the lengths you went to to prove van wolfswinkel was wasted.[/quote]Fair point, although I would certainly argue that his over 150 games as a goal poacher striker before joining us was far more evidence and justification than half a dozen games in a side where Murphy was still primarily played on the wing, also I wasn''t suggesting dropping one of our most influential players in the process either...

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Whittaker played as a DM against Brentford once. I think you missed a trick with your team. Which wasn''t the team that was picked by the manager, was it?[/quote]For me, picking the team the manager was going to pick wasn''t the point of the exercise, but apparently the message board mafia rules say that is what you''re supposed to try and do. Was hoping people would come up with their own idea of what the team could be, not just try and second guess the manager. Oh well...but then its easier to dismiss someone who has a slightly different outlook, than than just going along with them, isn''t it?