Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Wolves

[quote user="lake district canary"]boryankeemortyit''s babyish (apt name)Not one of you suggested a team for yourselves or started a thread talking about a match day team line up. You need to try harder. Hoola han solo you just need to sort yourself out.  Match day line up threads are suggestions, not predictions. You really need to calm down a bit.[Y]Have a nice day.

[/quote]Yeah, everyone thinks you''re doing this for attention seeking, idiotic reasons.Can''t be you, can it?

[quote user="lake district canary"]Oh, and speaking for everyone again I see.   Never mind, maybe one day you''ll get over it.

[/quote]The evidence is kinda here fella, you may cry "bully" putting it all down to me and Bor, but its really not the case at all, is it?

I said have a nice day. In other words, putt your keyboard fingers to better use.  Try painting or something to give your ego a rest. On second thoughts, no, you''ll probably end up doing self portraits.

But what''s the point of doing a team thread if the team you pick has no chance of ever being selected by the manager? It''s like me texting Jenifer Lawerence for a night of passion, it''s pointless.

Because, like I have been saying like forever, it gets him attention, and negative attention is better than none at all.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]But what''s the point of doing a team thread if the team you pick has no chance of ever being selected by the manager? It''s like me texting Jenifer Lawerence for a night of passion, it''s pointless.[/quote]

Why, aren''t you up to it? [:^)]As for team line ups, it''s not a guessing game, it''s using you own brain to come up with a team based on what you know, or think you know, about the players available.  I plainly know nothing, because I''m told Dorrans can''t play left midfield.  Strange most of his managers have used him there from time to time, though....... 

[quote user="morty"]Because, like I have been saying like forever, it gets him attention, and negative attention is better than none at all.[/quote]

You might as well go on saying it if that''s what you want to do, it doesn''t make the blind bit of difference to anyone.  People are quite capable of making their own minds up about me, good or bad.  That''s what you fail to understand - it''s quite ok for people to think for themselves, even if they are different or think differently to you - and they don''t need you trying to foist your agenda on them all the time. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Because, like I have been saying like forever, it gets him attention, and negative attention is better than none at all.[/quote]

You might as well go on saying it if that''s what you want to do, it doesn''t make the blind bit of difference to anyone.  People are quite capable of making their own minds up about me, good or bad.  That''s what you fail to understand - it''s quite ok for people to think for themselves, even if they are different or think differently to you - and they don''t need you trying to foist your agenda on them all the time. 

[/quote]Theres no agenda, its fact.And most people commenting on this thread have made their mind up, all on their own, by the looks of things.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Because, like I have been saying like forever, it gets him attention, and negative attention is better than none at all.[/quote]

You might as well go on saying it if that''s what you want to do, it doesn''t make the blind bit of difference to anyone.  People are quite capable of making their own minds up about me, good or bad.  That''s what you fail to understand - it''s quite ok for people to think for themselves, even if they are different or think differently to you - and they don''t need you trying to foist your agenda on them all the time. [/quote]Theres no agenda, its fact.And most people commenting on this thread have made their mind up, all on their own, by the looks of things.[/quote]

Yep, and that''s fine if that''s what they want to think.  It''s the "I keep telling you that''s what he''s like" whining that makes you look bad. And hoola han solo .....why can''t you accept Dorrans has played on the left?  He has done for us - he did at Blackburn away in 2015, with Johnson taking a more central role that day and as someone said during the thread, he has done so on other occasions. He is an all round midfielder.

[quote user="lake district canary"]As for team line ups, it''s not a guessing game, it''s using you own brain to come up with a team based on what you know, or think you know, about the players available. I plainly know nothing...[/quote]If only you''d just stopped at that point LDC...By the way, it IS a guessing game, so here''s my guess of your suggestion for the next match:LDC''s potential team for next week:                       RuddyWhittaker, Bennett, Turner, Martin            Thompson, Thompson       Howson, Murphy, Dorrans                     MorrisBrady dropped again despite his cracking goal against Wolves, backline re-shuffled with Martin at Left Back because he''s played there once before and was ok, so thus justifies his move. Thompson picked twice as despite having played less than 10 full minutes for us is clearly better than Tettey, Mulumbu et al and thus surely can cover both double pivot roles on his own with some minor quick shirt change action between tackles. Dorrans selected in his favoured left side position with Howson again wide right. Wes dropped completely again with Ja.Murphy selected ahead of everyone who''s ever regularly played that role and Morris picked ahead of Jerome to fit in better with Murphy - as both their surnames start with ''M''.Bench of:JonesBassongThompsonThompsonJo.MurphyLaffertyHoltGood to see Thompson being able to cover 2 bench spots as well [:D]

I''m not particularly disputing the fact that Dorrans has very sporadically played on the left but the fact that you''d put him there instead of Brady, Pritchard and one of the Murphy boys smacks of someone not knowing what they''re talking about.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]I''m not particularly disputing the fact that Dorrans has very sporadically played on the left but the fact that you''d put him there instead of Brady, Pritchard and one of the Murphy boys smacks of someone not knowing what they''re talking about.[/quote]

The whole point of putting Dorrans there was if  Brady was off form.  Is Pritchard good defensivley? I don''t know. Murphy is young and not as experienced as Dorrans to help enough defensively. The whole point was to give us a solid midfield away from home with four strong players across the middle.  I went to quite a few games in the last promotion campaign and nearly

all of them consisted of a solid midfield line with four players, not

spectacular players, but solid. Our campaign last time stalled because

we were powder puff at being

caught on the break - and it only improved when we went more solid

across the middle. Often Howson, Tettey, O''Neil, Johnson.  Was Johnson a

left winger?  No, but he could do a job there, better than in central

midfield, as it happens.  Is Howson a right winger? No, but he has been

used on the right on plenty of occasions by every manager since he came

to Norwich.     It''s all down to Brady really.  Up to yesterday

there were a few question marks about his form - if he is on top of his

game he is first choice, no question.  If not, or he is injured and we

want to be solid away from home, then a midfield of Howson, Tettey,

Thompson (or Mulumbu) and Dorrans would be strong.   I don''t

mind people disagreeing with me in the slightest, but what I do mind is

being told I''m playing around, or am attention seeking, just because I

start a thread about a possible line up. By yesterday morning, no-one else had started a thread about the line up.  My line up was thought out for

myself, based on what I''ve seen and know about our players and the way

we played last time in this division to get promoted.  If you disagree,

fine, say so, but don''t tell me I''m messing about, because I am not.

Dorrans has been our best holding midfielder in the 4-2-3-1 for several games -- why would anybody relieve him of that role when he''s proved most successful there? Because Brady hadn''t hit top form when there''s capable and better suited players to cover attacking left-midfield would be f*cking stupid.There''s tribes in the darkest regions of the Amazon that know this [:|]