Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Wolves

These are going to be no push over today. So suggesting the same as the team I would have liked on Wednesday but with Klose back in, if fit.  Brady still not on top form yet and Dorrans can do a good stint on the left.  Would leave Jerome for later in the game.Like the idea of Thompson starting - so                 McGovern   Pinto  Martin Klose OlssonHowson Tettey Thompson Dorrans         Ja Murphy  Oliveira

It looks defensive - but that I believe is what we should set out to do - as we did in AN''s last promotion season away from home - solid and hard to beat.   That season we had Redmond as one of the sparks - this time we have Ja Murphy - with his brother and Wes, Naisy etc on the bench for later in the game.

Ruddy

Pinto

Martin

Klose

Olsson

Tettey

Dorrans

Jacob

Hoolahan

Brady

Jerome

Subs

McGovern

Howson

Godfrey

Josh

Oliveira

Thompson

Naismith

You do this on purpose don''t you? This weird obsession with using Howson and Dorrans as wide players and Murphy through the middle.

I''d go back to the team that played vs Burton- so Wes and Klose back in for Bassong and Tettey. Let Wolves worry about us.

[quote user="king canary"]You do this on purpose don''t you? This weird obsession with using Howson and Dorrans as wide players and Murphy through the middle.

I''d go back to the team that played vs Burton- so Wes and Klose back in for Bassong and Tettey. Let Wolves worry about us.[/quote]

For the last time, no I don''t.  It''s a set up similar to what AN used last time in the promotion run.  Dorrans is quite capable on the left and Howson can be effective on the right for helping defensively with licence to move forwards and more centrally when possible.  Ja Murphy is quite capable of playing behind the striker and can go right left or central as required - with the pace to hurt defenders. It''s a pragmatic line up.  We''re crying out for a bit more solidity in the team imo. This offers it and it can always be changed up later in the game.

I thought that after the other night we decided attack is the best form of defence?

😉

Your predicted teams are so far from the mark that you''re either clueless or do it to get a reaction (of which I''ve just given you one). We will get nothing close to your team.

I think it will be something like this:-

Ruddy

Pinto

Martin

Klose

Olsson

Tettey

Howson

Ja. Murphy

Hoolahan

Brady

Jerome

No he didn''t. In our fantastic Championship run we had Bradley Johnson almost always starting on the left. I genuinely don''t ever remember seeing Dorrans play there. Howson and Redmond both had spells out wide right. We had Wes in the team to help us play through teams.

There is nothing pragmatic about ridding the team of any width, playing our most effective attacker out of position, putting our two best ball playing central midfielders out wide and not playing Wes. There is nothing pragmatic about taking a midfield 5 that played excellently against Forest and tearing it apart. It is just madness.

Be nice if Brady produced something today. Other than a lot of flattering to deceive.

@GJP

I agree with that- would like to see Pritchard given a chance ahead of him possibly but he didn''t even make the bench on Wednesday so who knows...

[quote user="lake district canary"]For the last time, no I don''t.[/quote]Sorry LDC, but you clearly do.You got shot down in flames earlier in the week for suggesting virtually the same thing against Newcastle, and yet here you are again peddling the same ridiculous suggestion.Howson is NOT at his best on the right, he doesn''t have the pace and skill to shine there, also meaning that the midfield is narrowed.Dorrans is NOT at his best on the left, he also doesn''t have the pace needed, is also going to narrow midfield, and in both cases we lose their contribution in the centre which is where BOTH of them are best played.Murphy has been outstanding on the wing, has never really played where you suggest, and when we have the likes of Wes, Pritchard and Naismith available, then it''s ludicrous to suggest Murphy over them.Thompson has played a whole EIGHT minutes so far at this level for us, and yet you want to throw him in over the obvious alternatives, after already having moved both Howson and Dorrans onto the wing - absolutely crazy thought process!Sorry LDC, but this is just as nonsensical now as it was on the Newcastle thread, we''ve all pointed this out, justified why, and clearly AN doesn''t agree with you either, so can you please not keep posting this dribble before each game, as you''ll be wasting your fingers typing, and our eyes reading it...

For no other reason than just seeing how we might play differently, I''d like to see Oliveira get a start.

I''d also give Brady some time out as he seems to be hitting a bit of a wall at the moment.

In the cold light of day looking at these fixtures, as I suggested for Newcastle, I would rather go with a more solid four across the middle, changing it if necessary later in the game.  Last time in this division we regularly used  Howson, Tettey, Dorrans and Johnson across the park. In notable wins towards the end of that season, we started wth four across the middle, sometimes with just Redmond and Jerome in front. It worked then, it could work now.   The principle is the same.  And Dorrans is a capable left sided player, especially defensively.

This board use to be fantastic, full of insightful chatter on our beloved club.......now it''s just trolls posting ludicrous statements just to get a reaction.

Bravo LDC bravo, your parents must be so proud! 👏🏻

Dorrans has NEVER played on the left for us and would be totally ineffectual there. I''m not even sure he''s EVER played there in his entire career. Good defensively? Even that''s stretching it. Brady, Pritchard, the Murphy''s and even Wes are far better suited there. As for the Johnson comparison, he is a totally different player to Dorrans and is actually left footed.

I''d stick with dorrans and Howson in the middle. Not the biggest Tetty fan and think these offer more.

Also getting frustrated by Brady so Pritchard or Canos on left.

Hoolahan returns and Jerome first 70 then swap for Oliveria for last 20 to let him score his first goal making it a comfortable 3-0 for us....I can dream at least

[quote user="rock bus"]I''d stick with dorrans and Howson in the middle. Not the biggest Tetty fan and think these offer more.

Also getting frustrated by Brady so Pritchard or Canos on left.

Hoolahan returns and Jerome first 70 then swap for Oliveria for last 20 to let him score his first goal making it a comfortable 3-0 for us....I can dream at least[/quote][Y] Yep, I''d stick with the 4-2-3-1 with Dorrans & Howson in the double six, but I''d field Brady initially:Norwich City 4-2-3-1 football formation

I think we will see something like this:

Mcgovern

Pinto Martin Bennett Olsson

Howson Tettey

Jacob Wes Brady

Jerome

I think Alex Neil is perhaps lying about Klose being involved to maybe make them change their system. Hope I''m wrong though! However I''d choose Ruddy over mcgovern, klose over Bennett (if fit) and Pritchard over brady

[quote user="morty"]Stop picking on Lakey, you b***ards.[/quote]I''m doing my best to ignore his him, he''s a f*cking maniac.Dorrans on the left-wing ffs [:|]

[quote user="king canary"]@GJP

I agree with that- would like to see Pritchard given a chance ahead of him possibly but he didn''t even make the bench on Wednesday so who knows...[/quote]

Totally agree, Pritchard can play across that attacking 3, though probably most comfortable as a number 10, he is fine on either flank and deserves a chance to show what he can do ahead of misfiring and off colour Brady.

[quote user="Spillay"]Double 6 or double pivot Jools ;)[/quote]Same thing, son [Y]