Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Dorrans on the left - yes or no?

Anyway I''ll leave it there for now, it''s boring, and I''ll leave you to your creative thinking.

Lol.

List of posters on Wolves thread disagreeng with Lakey regarding Dorrans...

King  Canary

This Is Babyish

Hoola Han Solo

Indy Bones

Rock Bus

Jools

Buh

West Coast Canary

Herman

Yankee Canary

Plus the other two.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]"For the umpteenth time, suggesting putting Dorrans wide left was to give a bit of bite across the whole midfield defensively, particularly for the Newcastle game if Brady was unavailable."

Mmmm. Except after pages of posts questioning why you would play Dorrans there against Newcastle, you then repeated the same suggestion for the team against Wolves.

You know, the game where Brady played and scored.

It is almost as if you wanted the controversy....[/quote]

???  You''ve lost me now.  Brady was considered a bit off best form before the Newcastle match, hence my suggesting a different player there.  The result of the Newcastle match suggested to me that maybe this time AN might change tack and go defensive.  He didn''t and Brady came through......something we could all celebrate.  Not sure what "controversy" there was in starting a line up thread on the morning of the Wolves match when no-one else had bothered to, even if it was similar to my previous one. We lost through being defensively poor at Newcastle. Hardly surprising that a poster comes up with a defensive line up suggestion for the next match.... 

I''m sure he''s competent enough there but I''m not a fan of square pegs in round holes. he''s is far more effective centrally. if we were down to the bare bones and had to play him left then it wouldn''t be a disaster but I certainly wouldn''t ever pick an XI with Dorrans on the left.

still don''t think these daft, spiteful arguments need to be played out though. the suggestion was outlandish, he got a bit of a backlash, move on, it''s pretty tiresome having to trawl through the keyboard warriors bickering away and I''ve run out of popcorn!

As an aside I was heartened to read a thread on here that Martin at CB in now a square peg in a square hole. Or I suppose a round peg in a round hole.
Do the pegs and holes only come in two shapes[:^)]

[quote user="Jacko"]https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/830339/Live

Dorrans didn''t play wide left in that game. He played in central midfield.[/quote]With respect, I suggest Dorrans''s & Johnson''s heatmaps on that same whoscored.com page tells a somewhat different story, and in fact support LDC''s eye-witness account of where Dorrans predominantly played in that game (together with where Johnson predominantly played). LDC''s version correctly takes account of the positional changes following Tettey''s withdrawal. 

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]List of posters on Wolves thread disagreeng with Lakey regarding Dorrans...

King  Canary

This Is Babyish

Hoola Han Solo

Indy Bones

Rock Bus

Jools

Buh

West Coast Canary

Herman

Yankee Canary

Plus the other two.[/quote]I posted twice on the Wolves thread. Neither of my posts disagreed with LDC. The first was a criticism of the idea that just because Dorrans had only featured at LM twice for us, LDC was wrong to suggest he had a proven capability of playing in that position. My second was a post in support of LDC against the constant harassment inflicted on him by yourself and morty. Please don''t misrepresent me to further your puerile agenda.

Are you going to tell us why you talk to yourself using different accounts on the same thread Katie?

Are you also going to explain how you did it, did you have two devices perhaps logged on at the same time with different accounts?

''We lost at Newcastle through being defensively poor'' you say LDC? Ok, but that was only for 90 seconds, as you could quite argue that we were winning at the 95th minute point, thus we were better in attack than defence. Using that as a basis, then AN would of , quite possibly, gone with the theory that, if we ironed out a couple of minor points (Bassong being one of them?) then we were good enough to attack any team in this League. Using Dorrans , as you suggested, would have been a negative step imo, and would have knocked the players confidence.

Let''s just agree it wasn''t a brilliant suggestion.  The over reaction that surrounds anything I post is just ridiculous with people bending over backwards to disagree with things that I have written even when they are verifiable and reasonable.  Dorrans is a good player who can play on the left as well as more centrally. In my line up he would have had more defensive duties on the left owing to the opposition.  Simples.Finally - I did not start this thread, so those that are fed up with this subject, which includes me, should question others'' motives, not mine. All I did was suggest a line up, when no-one else had bothered. End of. The rest is just playground stuff.  But as always, in amongst the cr*p, there is some good passionate discussion.  It''s just a shame that it''s always hijacked by those that prefer to play the poster rather than the post.