Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Dorrans on the left - yes or no?

Johnson played on the left wing at Blackburn when we won 2-1 and scored a cracker. Dorrans played centrally with Howson wide right. I literally have no idea what you are talking about.

[quote user="Jacko"]Johnson played on the left wing at Blackburn when we won 2-1 and scored a cracker. Dorrans played centrally with Howson wide right. I literally have no idea what you are talking about.[/quote]That is not right.  I was there.   Dorrans played for an hour on the left.  You can read the match report too if you like. It says "In the absence of Tettey, Johnson played a screening role from the start". 

Well said Diane, Morty just back off and stop trying to constantly cause trouble. It''s repetitive bollox that you keep spouting, give it a rest mate, it''s not clever!

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/830339/Live

Dorrans didn''t play wide left in that game. He played in central midfield.

And ultimately yes, any professional footballer can do a job in a variety of positions. Adam Drury did a job at centre half once upon a time under Roeder. It just wasn''t a particularly good one. This is up there with the David De Gea and Declan Rudd thread.

[quote user="VanWink"]Well said Diane, Morty just back off and stop trying to constantly cause trouble. It''s repetitive bollox that you keep spouting, give it a rest mate, it''s not clever![/quote]
What made you turn into a troll / Lakey''s f*ck buddy recently? 
I can''t keep up with all the social circles on this forum!

Not with you Hoggy? No circles or buddies here, just totally pi$$ed off at seeing one or two posters trying to continuously ruin any thread he starts or comments on. It was probably a bit of fun early on but now it''s just pathetic.

I''m a Dorrans fan. But how much of a look in would he have had if O''Neil had stayed?

I prefer Dorrans. I think he has a little bit more in his locker but he wasn''t really in the picture last season.

[quote user="Indy"]Why would you try to play a player out of position when we have a ready made up in form winger? Murphy!

It''s a daft to think of Dorrans as Hoola Han said, no......and if AN did play Dorrans out wide I''d be very dissapointed...

Would rather see Pritchard or Canos out wide left after Murphy.[/quote]

So would I.  For the umpteenth time, suggesting putting Dorrans wide left was to give a bit of bite across the whole midfield defensively, particularly for the Newcastle game if Brady was unavailable.  The other players are basically attackers, Dorrans has a bit more bite in his game. Its not that difficult a concept.  We could have done with a better defence against Newcastle......

[quote user="VanWink"]Well said Diane, Morty just back off and stop trying to constantly cause trouble. It''s repetitive bollox that you keep spouting, give it a rest mate, it''s not clever![/quote]So to clarify, it''s absolutely fine for LDC to keep posting repetitive bollox about Dorrans on the left etc (that so far pretty much NONE of the posters on here have agreed with), but it''s not fine for Morty or anyone else to post repetitive bollox calling him out on it?Well, at least we''ve cleared that up.Stay tuned for next weeks'' exciting episode of ''Dual Standards'', coming soon to a thread near you, hosted by VanWink...

Sorry Vanwink but if you''re going to tar Bor and Morty with that brush then the same has to apply to LDC.

Different styles but ultimately the same result.

Lol, you do love a stir winky, don''t you?

Anyway back on topic, so we are mostly agreed that Dorrans on the left is ludicrous?

[quote user="hogesar"]Sorry Vanwink but if you''re going to tar Bor and Morty with that brush then the same has to apply to LDC.

Different styles but ultimately the same result.[/quote]They love to control and manipulate - (see the post morty''s just written) and they can''t stand anyone confronting them with the truth of it. That is why I do it.   But I wouldn''t do it if they backed off.....but they won''t - or can''t.........

I think you need a checkup from the neck up fella. The reason you get grief, and if you actually pay attention it''s not just one or two people, it''s quite a few, is that you spunk your ridiculous opinions all over this forum, then strangely wonder why you get grief for them.

Then, despite dozens of posters telling you they are ridiculous, you persist, over page after page, trying to justify yourself, until the thread turns into a complete mess, and people eventually give up and stop replying.

Can''t be your fault though, eh?

Dozens?  Over egging it as usual.  I upset some people by being a bit creative in my thinking - but to my mind that is their problem.  I''ve shown over and over that Dorrans can play on the left should the system demand it - and several others have said the same thing.  Some people can''t handle that and come up with  sorts of untruths to rubbish it.  Well that is their problem too.  I don''t expect ever to see Dorrans playing there because the manager seems to be sticking to his guns with an attacking line up - but for a one off game as at Newcastle, he could have come up with a defensive line up - and maybe he should have done.  The Wolves game too - especially after the Newcastle debacle. You carry on with your vendetta, I''ll carry on trying to get my usually harmless footballing points across as best I can.  

"For the umpteenth time, suggesting putting Dorrans wide left was to give a bit of bite across the whole midfield defensively, particularly for the Newcastle game if Brady was unavailable."

Mmmm. Except after pages of posts questioning why you would play Dorrans there against Newcastle, you then repeated the same suggestion for the team against Wolves.

You know, the game where Brady played and scored.

It is almost as if you wanted the controversy....

I have no issues with anyone expressing an opinion, that''s what forums are about. You don''t come across as stupid lakey, but I don''t think you even believe the opinions you post yourself.

I think you do it deliberately to spark controversy and then revel in the ensuing attention.

And that''s just a bit pathetic.