Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Lafferty moaning, basically.

“I know my international record compared to club football is completely different and that’s probably down to in club football I don’t really have a manager who has a lot of faith in me like Michael has in me and I’m repaying Michael by getting goals and getting three points."
Or it could be that you''re playing against a defence made up of individuals who deliver post and paint bedrooms for a living.

Was he moaning really or just stating the situation as he sees it. He''s right that AN has little faith in him and by not playing this has a significant impact on his international prospects. That''s not moaning as such however he doesn''t say why he thinks AN has this attitude towards him. Could his behaviour be the issue as his international manager has alluded to at times? If so, then he has the solution to his position in his own hands.

I''m not a Kyle Lafferty fan and I agree that he isn''t good enough to start games for Norwich City if we want promotion from this league.

However, I do have a lot of sympathy for his current predicament. The Birmingham game basically showed there is literally no way he will ever start a first team game for Norwich, even if we have no recognised strikers available.

If that is the case then it seems utterly pointless to me to keep Lafferty at the club, drawing a wage when he''s never going to be used meaningfully by the club in any way.

Surely we''d be better served trying to come to some agreement with him and paying him off or offloading him to another club (subsidising his wages if necessary). At least we''re saving money which could potentially be used elsewhere. Rather than having a disillusioned and unhappy player around the training ground.

He isn''t particularly professional or thoughtful at times in his conduct but I do have a lot of sympathy for him as being at the club is a complete waste of his time in purely footballing rather than financial terms.

[quote user="curious yellow"]He forgot to mention his poor peformance at Birmingham and the Euros and that nobody wants to buy him.[/quote]
And he''s failed in club football regardless of which club that''s been. But it''s all the managers'' faults for not having enough faith in him.

Looks OK in Euro qualifiers

Looks terrible in euros

Looks poor whenever given a chance in championship (and doesn''t fit into our style of play)

Looks ok in one game against part timers San Marino.

Yeah, why isn''t he given more of a chance?

Rather than " hopefully this will make the manager sit up and take notice" it sounds very much like he is burning bridges.

I dont think either side are concerned about this statement; its clear what the managers thoughts are by the fact he would have been sold this summer had we been able to sign any other striker and his no more than occassional use.

Kyle knows that too and had his next club lined up; Any bridges burnt were in cinders months ago; Kyle was in a common enough position of being bought by one manager and not rated by the next one in. C''est La Vie.

its a statement of the position and a no new news story

[quote user="hogesar"]r it could be that you''re playing against a defence made up of individuals who deliver post and paint bedrooms for a living.[/quote]But then again he did actually score 2 goals in 14 minutes against a defence made up of individuals who deliver post and paint bedrooms for a living while the whole England team could only manage 2 goals in 90 minutes against a defence made up of individuals who deliver post and paint bedrooms for a living.

I think you need a 3rd choice striker in the squad and potentially it''s a big problem that we don''t have one, at least in the manager''s eyes, at the moment. 

I had been hoping that with Lafferty playing 45 minutes against Everton in the cup, maybe he was trying to work his way back so that, while it''s hard to imagine him being first  choice, at least the manager would be willing to bring him on if both Jerome and Oliveira are unavailable.  These comments are probably no more than the truth, but won''t help his cause in that regard, and IMO it was foolish of him to make the managerial comparison.  He could have just made it clear how happy he is with his form at international level and that he''d like the chance to show what he can do at club level, or similar.

Ray has made a number of comments about Neil''s leadership style and these comments tend to support Ray''s views

Neil is a long way short of Paul Lambert in the man management aspects of the game

Have paid KL for last 2 seasons when he should have been loaned might have got a fee if he impressed plus wages paid.

[quote user="The young canary"]Neil is a long way short of Paul Lambert in the man management aspects of the game[/quote][quote user="Its Character Forming"]What''s Lambert doing now, Waveney ?[/quote]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRC5T8cGxF30TAMbm-dk1wNbhiEYH8klT7qBZoCNEUU4obTiDrj[:D]

[quote user="Its Character Forming"][pi][/quote]
Oh! Something else i''d rather have playing up front for us than Lafferty [:)]

[quote user="morty"]Rather than " hopefully this will make the manager sit up and take notice" it sounds very much like he is burning bridges.[/quote]I agree.Two late goals against the 10 man tiring part-timers of San Marino is hardly likely to get the Norwich manager''s pulse racing and who for one reason or another doesn''t want Lafferty in his plans so an exit from Carrow Rd is the best option for all concerned.

In my view he''s only here because he''s not willing to accept a pay cut by going elsewhere. For that reason he has no right to moan. 

Repaying Michael O''Neill who said during the Euros that he "can just about deal with Lafferty at international level but not sure he could at club level".

[quote user="The young canary"]Ray has made a number of comments about Neil''s leadership style and these comments tend to support Ray''s views

Neil is a long way short of Paul Lambert in the man management aspects of the game[/quote]Very true. AN''s treatment of Lafferty is nowhere near as disgraceful and heartless as Lambert''s treatment of Darren Bent at Villa.

Sitting in a hotel bar in Frankfurt watching Germany Northern Ireland. 2-0 and Lafferty has just come on with 14 minutes to go. Should I celebrate when he gets a hattrick or be discrete?

So what did Lambert do with players he didn''t rate/want. The playes were left behind pre season & played with the kids. Eg Cody Macdonald. AN has still included Lafferty etc. The canonisation of Saint Lambert is ridiculous, all managers I can remember at City have had players they rate & those they don''t

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]So what did Lambert do with players he didn''t rate/want. The playes were left behind pre season & played with the kids. Eg Cody Macdonald. AN has still included Lafferty etc. The canonisation of Saint Lambert is ridiculous, all managers I can remember at City have had players they rate & those they don''t[/quote]

Interesting use of the phrase canonisation do you not think he was the Messiah?

[quote user="have my howson it"]He would have gone if anyone wanted him in the summer.

They didn''t. He ain''t good enough. Get on with it. Hope someone comes in for him in January[/quote]I was under the impression that a move was due to happen, but that we pulled the plug because we couldn''t get a replacement in time (was expected to be Jerome Sinclair) and that AN didn''t want to go into the season with just 2 out and out strikers and a very raw and unproven at this level Morris as the only true backup (Naismith can''t play the Jerome role).Also, the movement of Lambert to Cardiff threw another spanner into the works as it looked odds on Laffs would be going there until they realised that a deal for Lambert could be done.