Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

England

What a performance will not win egg cup let alone win World Cup .Stones Dier Henderson Walcott if that''s all we can offer heaven help us .One player who saved us was Joe hart under performed yet again glad I support Norwich its a lot more exciting

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Lost interest in England years ago, just do not identify with the national team anymore........[/quote]Neither do the players....

They said in the studio at half time to get around their high pressing game we need to move the ball faster, it never happened. (very much a problem with Norwich as well.)

Supporting England is like supporting Norwich, for me. Stick with them through thick and thin.

England qualifying for tournaments then getting knocked out is not unlike Norwich getting promoted and then relegated.

Gave up on international football ages ago. For too long England have looked like a team that are too afraid of losing.

Yeah but do Norwich have any characters? Is it just familiarity because we see them every week or every other week? Whereas England are on the telly every couple of months.

England are generally awful to watch but I would still watch Norwich be awful - and have done.

I don''t think many of the players enjoy playing for England.

The amount of pressure and attention given to England via the media and our fans looks as though it weighs them down. As morty says, they''re scared to lose.

On paper our squad should be good enough to compete in the top 10 of world football but there''s a definite mental weakness there.

With England, what do you expect, poor manager(s), poor coaching, mediocre players pretending to be world class (some of them at least, pampered, overpaid................say no more.

Agree with all above, me and a cloggy mate had a'''' moan in'''' by whattsap about what a waste of time it is tuning in to our respective national teams.

Last night was like watching a disinterested Chelski(or an other bunch of big time charlies) go through the motions in an unwelcome early round cup tie.......'''' we are great, they are smaller, we will win this, oops''''

Then trot out usual excuses. tough place to come, the players have a heavy schedule etc etc.

One of the key selling points of the Premier League in the FA''s Blueprint For The Future Of Football was that it would benefit the England National team through a smaller top division, better standard of football and international breaks amongst other things.

I remember seeing Fat Bob sitting next to Graham Kelly (whatever happened to him?) at the PL press launch and disliking the idea instantly.