Sign in to follow this  
curious yellow

Wessi for England!

Hoolahan good enough to play for England according to Eamon Dunphy

Superb pass for first goal and Man of the Match the other night but never any praise from his international manager.

Ironically Dunphy very critical of Norwich when they sacked Hughton -"Who do they think they are? Barcelona?" But Hughton had dropped Wes that season

Anyway, well done Wes.

Now I love Wes as much as the next man but is this chap saying he''d get in the England team ahead of Alli, Walcott, Rooney, Lingard, Townsend, Ox-Chamberlain or even Antonio? Barkley, amongst a number of others, didn''t even make the current squad.

Fair enough it''s his opinion but I can''t see it myself.

How is Wes any different to Lallana in playing style? Lallana is younger, but Wes is statistically just as effective.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/why-wes-hoolahan-more-effective-alexis-sanchez-and-11-other-interesting-stats

In fact, around this time last season despite us being a bit carp, he had 5 assists in 8 games which was one less than Ozil and David Silva, but more than any other Premier League player. In fact, the only other player in Europe more prolific in assists than that was Hulk at Zenit.

and then we signed Naismith and played him instead... ho hum

he may have got the odd cap or so but don''t think he''d have been near the England side really. he''s awesome for us and at this level but he''s a fair way behind someone like Lallana.

Good to see our players at least being spoken of in these terms. Always loved the guy, amazing to me that some of more self opinionated posters still are unable to recognise his quality.😉

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]We could always play him out on the left I guess.[/quote]
[:)]

[quote user="Buh"]This is wes hoolahans planet and we are all just guests[/quote]

😂👍

As far as I''m concerned, I saw NOTHING from any of those England players tonight to suggest that they''re even fit to clean Wes Hoolahan''s boots. They were shoite - he would walk that team 💪

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="Buh"]This is wes hoolahans planet and we are all just guests[/quote]

😂👍

As far as I''m concerned, I saw NOTHING from any of those England players tonight to suggest that they''re even fit to clean Wes Hoolahan''s boots. They were shoite - he would walk that team 💪[/quote]
Agreed, running around like headless chickens and giving away possession willy-nilly when Wes would add composure,  calm and brains to any top class midfield.
It''s a shame that it has taken so long into the twilight of his career, for so many to see Wes''s outstanding footballing attributes.  Wes exemplifies the clear differences between Paul Lambert and Chris Hughton.