Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

Joey Barton

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Was it him they modelled Dick Barton on?[/quote]Who, Joey Deacon??

If he gets done for this and is then chucked out by Rangers he looks an ideal candidate to me for the Scum to sign on a freebie as surely nobody would want to touch him with a barge pole.

I read somewhere that our Cameron got fined £50k for persistently breaking FA betting regulations in 2013 while at Stoke![:)]

Katie Borkins wrote the following post at 05/10/2016 4:29 PM:

Rather have Joey Deacon

Blimey. A Joey Deacon joke.

You know when you just shake your head slightly in disbelief...

[quote user="TIL 1010"]If he gets done for this and is then chucked out by Rangers he looks an ideal candidate to me for the Scum to sign on a freebie as surely nobody would want to touch him with a barge pole.[/quote]Maybe they could ask St John Ambulance to chip in for the wages...

Prety much every championship club would be interested in him. He''s been promoted out of the league 4 times. For some of those teams on the edge like Forest and Derby, he could be the trump card they need that could make the difference like he did at Burnley. I bet they''d have him back too.

If you get him in the right frame of mind (yes, big if) he''s still a terriffic player at this level. It''s a massive gamble though and i''d rather we took our chances with what we have. He''d have been a decent replacement for Gary O''Neil though. Yes he''s a bit of a tit that needs to learn when to shut up and just ignore the trolls but he is certainly more interesting than some of the superficial, poser footballers about these days. Really enjoy him as a pundit and I hope he gives management a go. We know it''d be entertaining at least (see Di Canio)!

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! "Really enjoy him as a pundit and I hope he gives management a go". Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

http://www.bigissue.com/authors/joey-barton

some of the stuff here is really good.

plush if you watch that documentary Justin fashanus niece did on homophobia in football, he was actually the only player who actually agreed to come forward and speak about it.

you stick to your daily mail esque agenda of hate against the guy though. Yes he''s been a title and made mistakes but he''s pretty insightful about a lot of things and the type of guy that I''m genuinely tries to learn from his errors and improve as a person.

TJ - Donald Trump has said he is learning from his errors, and improve as a person.

He (Barton) is a loose cannon. If you say a lot of stuff, by the law of averages, some of it will be good. Would you seriously want him as our manager?

They say actions speak louder than words and his actions to date aren''t doing him any favours.  And just like him thinking he''s being clever by speaking English in a french accent, him saying stuff that he thinks is clever, doesn''t make him clever.

Crabby, we''re in a situation where we don''t need the risk, but at the right club, stuck in a stupor etc. then yes, he''d be a great manager. Look at Di Canio at Swindon and when he was first at Sunderland, what a fantastic job he did! In the end his egomaniac ways got in the way. If you look at the effect Barton had on the likes of QPR in geeing up the players and at Burnley where he excelled, there''s a great leader in there somewhere. Unfortunately for him and the rest of us, there''s out of control emotions etc. there that ruin it for him from time to time.

As for the Trump stuff, it''s laughable that after all that he''s said and done prior to this latest stuff, people are actually being swayed by some jestful (yes daft) remark he made 11 years ago behind closed doors that isn''t really that far removed from common "banter" I have heard down the pub plenty of times.

Read a review of his book in the i, which said it was really good.Shame that''s probably going to get buried under the weight of his self-destructive and violent tendancies.

Joey is a convicted criminal , beats up people that are laying in the ground , stubs cigars out in team mates faces , and if you look at the various you tube clips , he would make the case for compulsive liar quite easily . If you have a moment , look at the rabbit punch he gives a Blackburn player then spends the next few minutes trying to convince everyone (including himself ) that he didn''t . The pseudo intellectual bit is a classic. Nothing to do with a daily mail agenda. He is a highly unpleasant character . The BBC shouldn''t be funding this bloke with appearance fees .

Lafferty only got a rap on the knuckles for the same thing

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11709/10528485/kyle-lafferty-fined-23000-for-breaching-betting-rules

[url=http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11709/10528485/kyle-lafferty-fined-23000-for-breaching-betting-rules]Linky?[/url]

£23k fine, perhaps he''ll get let off

[quote user="True Grit"]Joey is exactly the sort of player we need.[/quote]

go on then, I''ll bite. Why do we need him? Specifically how would he improve what we have already?

But, didn''t you know, "he''s pretty insightful about a lot of things and the type of guy that genuinely tries to learn from his errors and improve as a person". And, of course, "there''s a great leader in there somewhere"

I''m still trying to work out what planet you''re living on. And, by the way, I have never read the Daily Mail in my life! Have you?

For Tettey''s Jugs

I''m not sure if you are on a wind up but if you''re not, you really don''t get it do you? You can get away with saying all sorts of things "down the pub" but if you are attempting to become the most powerful person in the world, you can not. He knows that and I would imagine everyone one else, except you, does as well.

it was 11 years ago and in private with someone who wasnt taking offence, well before any president campaign, yes his comments were daft as he admitted but if that''s what loses him the presidential race compared to some of the other rubbish he has spouted in the here and now, in public then it''s a bid ridiculous really.

Some people latch on to politicians because they think they are somehow sticking their fingers up at the establishment.  All very well, but he has to be able to do the job and that doesn''t look likely.   It''s much like Corbyn, who plainly appeals in a similar way, but has no stature where it matters - in parliament.