Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

A new Seat? No thanks Archant

Hot wholemeal toast, butter (melting) and good dollop of the big M.

Technique is important because the butter is melting and the black stuff will take some spreading.

[quote user="morty"]Not for me Robert, I don''t understand why anyone would choose it over the plethora of other spreads available.

Strawberry jam, lime marmalade or lemon curd, to name but a few.[/quote]Yep, I like all of them too![:D]  As they say in the best circles OTBC.

We are a family divided by the big M, me missus and daughter would not touch it but me and my son eat it almost every day, Cold crisp toast, cold butter as thick as your health conscience will allow and a strong cup of coffee, if that doesnt wake you up , nothing will.

I agree Mort, there are other fine spreads out there but i am very much a savoury person, Peanut Butter and M on toast or in a sandwich is treat for the tastebuds.

And yes LDC i was earlier referring to Vegemite, not so keen on that as big M, despite their similarities, Vege stll has to work on spreading itself in one on ones, and distribution. i feel sainsburys yeast extract is much closer to becoming our Marmite at this present time.

Marmite is also a delicious addition(in small quantities) to soups and stews.Use occasionally to liven up an old recycled joke , eh LDC?

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Marmite is also a delicious addition(in small quantities) to soups and stews.Use occasionally to liven up an old recycled joke , eh LDC?[/quote]

A dollop in baked beans, then placed on buttered toast, grated cheese on top

''''A dollop in baked beans, then placed on buttered toast, grated cheese on top ''''......(

Good idea, that''s what i''ll have for lunch tomorrow.

I Forking Love Marmite.