Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

A new Seat? No thanks Archant

I don''t want a new Seat, and if I were planning on spending several pounds on a car, I wouldn''t log onto a football message board to find details.

I would like some Marmite, so if Unilever and Tesco could pull their fingers out, would be appreciated.

I recommend uBlock personally, it can be a bit aggressive and stop some legit websites functioning but I just switch it off where necessary.

When I saw the thread title I thought SoB had got his wish at last and his faded, jaded, yellow plastic seat was being replaced with a shiny new one. [;)]

[quote user="Number 9"]I don''t want a new Seat, and if I were planning on spending several pounds on a car, I wouldn''t log onto a football message board to find details.

I would like some Marmite, so if Unilever and Tesco could pull their fingers out, would be appreciated.[/quote]

Have I missed something, what''s this all about ?

[quote user="CANARYKING"][quote user="Number 9"]I don''t want a new Seat, and if I were planning on spending several pounds on a car, I wouldn''t log onto a football message board to find details.

I would like some Marmite, so if Unilever and Tesco could pull their fingers out, would be appreciated.[/quote]

Have I missed something, what''s this all about ?[/quote]Every so often on the smart phone pinkun site, this huge car advert cuts right across the screen, blocking everything. OTT. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="CANARYKING"][quote user="Number 9"]I don''t want a new Seat, and if I were planning on spending several pounds on a car, I wouldn''t log onto a football message board to find details.

Have I missed something, what''s this all about ?[/quote]Every so often on the smart phone pinkun site, this huge car advert cuts right across the screen, blocking everything. OTT. 

[/quote]

LDC, that''s a very simplistic recap, what about my Marmite?

[quote user="Number9"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="CANARYKING"][quote user="Number 9"]I don''t want a new Seat, and if I were planning on spending several pounds on a car, I wouldn''t log onto a football message board to find details.

[/quote]

LDC, that''s a very simplistic recap, what about my Marmite?[/quote]

Try Sainsburys.......[:^)]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Number9"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="CANARYKING"][quote user="Number 9"]I don''t want a new Seat, and if I were planning on spending several pounds on a car, I wouldn''t log onto a football message board to find details.

[/quote]

LDC, that''s a very simplistic recap, what about my Marmite?[/quote]

Try Sainsburys.......[:^)]

[/quote]

If you''re up north you probably go to Morison''s rather than Sainsbury''s.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Could they just deploy the car advert on the left?[/quote]

Surely it should be deployed as part of a double pivot.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Could Sainsburys Yeast extract be our Marmite? they aree very similar in lots of ways..........[/quote]

It''s the naughty corner for you I''m afraid.

It''s like watching ITV - you have the adverts because they pay for what you''re watching.  Or the BBC you fund by the licence fee.  Google, Facebook etc all need to make money so they can run their websites.

It''s known as TANSTAAFL.

I''m a big fan of the ''''spread that divides opinions''''.....In fact M&S do a brewers yeast extract that is not as salty as the big M but has more nuanced, Miso like flavour, interesting , but not a patch on the original.

Lakey, i thankyou for your kind response , i also try to keep my comments civil, if a little cheeky. Are you aware of a young Australian toasttopper that has all the attributes of the above spreads but at present languishing in the lower leagues.....despite being namechecked in the song ''land down under''. He could be one to keep an eye on if Marmites wage demands continue.

wc - you meam vegemite?  A poor colonial copycat substance........[;)]no. 9 - I can''t stand bovril and don''t like hovis, whether it''s their cardboard variety or their soggy one.  Don''t often have margarine come to think of it....I may live up here, but I''m as Norfolk as the singing postman.

[quote user="morty"]Marmite is made from the scrapings from Beelzebub''s own anus.[/quote]Nooooooooooo Morty you have no soul![;)]  Wonderful stuff.[:D]

Not for me Robert, I don''t understand why anyone would choose it over the plethora of other spreads available.

Strawberry jam, lime marmalade or lemon curd, to name but a few.

I''m sure it''ll end up with someone smearing it on thick.

(Btw...Can''t beat a cheese and marmite sandwich).

Apples