Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Memorabillia

Been doing a bit of clearing out and I''ve found the following;A programme from our FA Cup semi V Everton at Villa Park.A book titled Keelan - Story of a Goalkeeper and one titles Norwich City - The Division 1 Years.Anyone know if they''re worth anything, is ebay an option?

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]Been doing a bit of clearing out and I''ve found the following;A programme from our FA Cup semi V Everton at Villa Park.A book titled Keelan - Story of a Goalkeeper and one titles Norwich City - The Division 1 Years.Anyone know if they''re worth anything, is ebay an option?

[/quote]
Love that KK book. Keep it!! Did you read it again? 

Forgotten he had a book about him.   £9.99 on ebay and amazon.Must get that......Some other interesting KK stuff on ebay too.....testamonial programme and his debut programme against Bury.....Some not very flattering pictures too.....PANINI-TOP-SELLERS-FOOTBALL-74-KEVIN-KEELAN-NORWICH-CITY-No-226

[quote user="lake district canary"]Forgotten he had a book about him.   £9.99 on ebay and amazon.Must get that......Some other interesting KK stuff on ebay too.....testamonial programme and his debut programme against Bury.....Some not very flattering pictures too.....PANINI-TOP-SELLERS-FOOTBALL-74-KEVIN-KEELAN-NORWICH-CITY-No-226

[/quote]Gene Simmons alternative career?!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]Been doing a bit of clearing out and I''ve found the following;A programme from our FA Cup semi V Everton at Villa Park.A book titled Keelan - Story of a Goalkeeper and one titles Norwich City - The Division 1 Years.Anyone know if they''re worth anything, is ebay an option?

[/quote]
Love that KK book. Keep it!! Did you read it again? 
[/quote]

Got mine signed by the great man personally. My mum and I took the 511 bus up the city and queued up to meet him in WH Smiths on St Stephens. I think we then went to Key Markets before popping into Belfast Linens and then getting the bus back home.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]

Got mine signed by the great man personally. My mum and I took the 511 bus up the city and queued up to meet him in WH Smiths on St Stephens. I think we then went to Key Markets before popping into Belfast Linens and then getting the bus back home.[/quote]What a great Norwich expression that is! Haven''t heard it in years.Talking of Key Markets I think Mohammed Ali did an Ovaltine promotion there in ''71.

[quote user="daly"]Could be wrong but cannot remember JH coming to Norwich[/quote]

which, according to the saying, probably means you were there ;-)

[quote user="ZLF"][quote user="daly"]Could be wrong but cannot remember JH coming to Norwich[/quote]

which, according to the saying, probably means you were there ;-)[/quote][:D] According to good ol'' Google he played there on 25th Jan ''67. Others who could bang out a tune and also played there included Bowie, Clapton and Rod Stewart.A commemorative plaque was unveiled a few years ago and someone interviewed said he saw Hendricks and claimed to have been a regular there. As he was 11 at the time I suspect he was smoking something stronger than Players No.6.......

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ZLF"][quote user="daly"]Could be wrong but cannot remember JH coming to Norwich[/quote]

which, according to the saying, probably means you were there ;-)[/quote][:D] According to good ol'' Google he played there on 25th Jan ''67. Others who could bang out a tune and also played there included Bowie, Clapton and Rod Stewart.A commemorative plaque was unveiled a few years ago and someone interviewed said he saw Hendricks and claimed to have been a regular there. As he was 11 at the time I suspect he was smoking something stronger than Players No.6.......[/quote]

What you forget is that kids could do stuff on their own or with their mates in the 60s without total parental paranoia hence I saw the Rolling Stones at The Gaumont when I was 9, went to Carrow Road on my own when I was 10 and went to Norwich Speedway with mates when I was 7 - didn''t get bothered by any paedos or Killer Clowns! Yes, Hendrix did play the Orford as did Pink Floyd!

We couldnt afford No 6, we used to smoke No10, Carlton Premium and Embassy Regal, before discovering how to roll our own.