Sign in to follow this  
Rich T The Biscuit

Danny Ward

I know we beat them comfortably but was impressed with him today, worked hard, won most headers and generally put himself about.

I know he''s starting to get a good reputation in the game but we''d do a lot worse. He''s a Cam Jerome type and could be a good bargain

That''s always the question and the doubt but he impressed me with his play and for AN to comment on how well Martin and Klose coped with him suggests they knew he was going to be key to them.

In a better team Who will make more chances I bet we''d be surprised.

he question is would he be needed for this season ?There were endless bleats on here about us failing to sign another striker, no goals etc but we have been knocking them in regularly without that other striker and with Oliveira hardly featuring.The squad should be good enough to get us up so any further acquisitions would have to be with the Pl in mind.

ps I''m not too bothered if we come back down again in 2018. That way we get the money, have a great season down here and see a few of the stars whilst we are there yo yo you yo yo

He was shite. Dominated by Klose and Martin, never looked a threat going forward but ran around a lot. Would rather bring back Wilbraham.

Didn''t see anything at all in his game, to make me think ''maybe''. He was no better than average, which, I feel is how I''ve viewed nearly every team, that has come here this season.

IF most of our players play ''well'', most of the time, then we will go up. I have no fears. There may be the odd good player in opposition teams, but we have a very good squad, and we also have Wes, as our ''X'' factor, which others just don''t have.

@Crabby

I think the combo of Wes, Pritchard, Murphy and Jerome is better than anything in this division outside of maybe Newcastle. They''d walk into every other starting XI in the division. If we can give them a solid enough defensive base to work from then we''re going to be extremely difficult to stop.

A fairly easy day at the office for our central defenders, I thought.