Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Anyone got...

Cannot get the commentary here in The States something about contractual difficulties

The link above is the same one every week, it doesn''t change. It''s been working every game this season apart from one game when the guy who does it was away. I''m in Portugal & it works fine.Just save it in your bookmarks and use it every week.Not rocket science, is it?

[quote user="daly"]Making Plans I''m talking about Radio Norfolk not broadcasting it[/quote]The above link is the Radio Norfolk commentary

Daly, you can''t get Radio Norfolk footie commentary outside of Norfolk!

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Daly, you can''t get Radio Norfolk footie commentary outside of Norfolk![/quote]But you can listen to Canary Call on the Radio Norfolk website at 5pm.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Daly, you can''t get Radio Norfolk footie commentary outside of Norfolk![/quote]Not strictly true RM - if you have Freeview TV and live within the Look East transmission area (Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Herts, Beds etc) then you can get Radio Norfolk on there and the Footy Commentary is not blocked. In other words if you get you Freeview from either the Tacolneston, Sudbury, Sandy Heath transmitters then you get Radio NorfolkChannel 719

Thanks for all your help Great result

Think that''s where I''ll leave it before I get frustrated by the callers

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Ron Manager"]Daly, you can''t get Radio Norfolk footie commentary outside of Norfolk![/quote]Not strictly true RM - if you have Freeview TV and live within the Look East transmission area (Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Herts, Beds etc) then you can get Radio Norfolk on there and the Footy Commentary is not blocked. In other words if you get you Freeview from either the Tacolneston, Sudbury, Sandy Heath transmitters then you get Radio NorfolkChannel 719[/quote]

Pedant! 😁

I don''t want you firing expletives at me Lakey but I had to.

Canary player is only about a fiver each month and you get all the commentaries plus the extended highlights. Bargain.

The expletive was because we''ve been down this road before.  Canary Player lost me last time I subscribed. Apparently their view of extended highlights is thee or four minutes and sometimes the commentaries didn''t work. It may have improved, but I''ll tale some convining.  You can get everything player has to offer elsewhere for free.  If I lived near enough to Norwich I could get it on freeview, so why should I have to pay for it just because I live further away? 

Because otherwise you''re pirating the commentary and/or depriving the club of revenue?

[quote user="Ian"]Because otherwise you''re pirating the commentary and/or depriving the club of revenue?[/quote]It''s the BBC Radio Norfolk commentary.  The BBC is funded by licence fees which I contribute to and so I am paying for it...but not getting it.  So I repeat, why should I be charged for listening to a commentary just because I live beyond the reach of free-view?  What "contractural arrangements" are there that stop the BBC broadcasting Radio Norfolk commentary across the net for free?   It''s there the rest of the time. Presumably the BBC are selling the rights to other people who can then charge for people to listen to it.  Perhaps someone knows if I''m right about that, but if that is right it begs the question, why is it ok for some people to be charged, but not others? 

Many Norwich fans including me have spent thousands of pounds over the years following our club both home and away and you''re moaning about £60 a year. Dearie me.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Many Norwich fans including me have spent thousands of pounds over the years following our club both home and away and you''re moaning about £60 a year. Dearie me.[/quote]It''s not about £60.  Its about principle.  And next time you feel like talking about "spending thousands of pounds over the years following our club home and away, please bear in mind that it costs me more than some fans spend in a season to come and watch six games at CR.  Six games. Average £35 a ticket - £210Travel - 600 miles x 6 = 3600.  Fuel cost  = £1000 + Overnight stays x 6 (often more if there are two games in four days as earlier this season) =  £360  + .£1580 +Your season ticket and a walk to the ground if you live in Norwich?   £500?  And before you ask, I''ve been to two games at CR so far, will hope to do at least six during the season, commitments permitting and a few away games. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]Presumably the BBC are selling the rights to other people who can then charge for people to listen to it.  [/quote]I''m with you LDC.I don''t think that the BBC are selling the rights to anybody because if they were somebody on here would know about it. Realistically, with the exception of a few ex pats in all corners of the World, I can''t see that there would be a big enough audience for any broadcasting company. or betting firm. to buy the rights for the radio commentary of our games.Therefore, the contractual rights can only be between NCFC and the BBC - a sort of "we''ll let you have exclusive radio commentary if you promise not to broadcast it over the net".That''s fine for fans living in and around Norfolk, who by the way Ian are more than happy to listen to the radio for free and are thereby also guilty of not contributing anything to the Club. But for others like me & LDC, we are being penalised simply because we don''t happen to live where we can''t listen to it on the radio.   Canary Player would be fine if it was free but by charging for it the Club is simply trying to make money from fans who can''t get the Radio Norfolk broadcasts.If, on the other hand, you are lucky enough to be able to get the Radio Norfolk broadcasts then there''s absolutely no point in paying for Canary Player, especially as all the highlights, interviews etc are freely available on the NCFC Youtube site, which of course are not blocked anywhere.The pettiness of these restrictions is of course futile because as we know there will always be somebody who manages to find ways round them.

[quote user="The young canary"]For the best sound and vision I go to the games it''s called being a fan

David Lee made it from Hong Kong no excuse for anyone else[/quote]Well said[Y]

[quote user="The young canary"]For the best sound and vision I go to the games it''s called being a fan

David Lee made it from Hong Kong no excuse for anyone else[/quote]See it''s comments from "holier than thou" fans like this that gets up my nose; Just because they happen to live where it is possible to get to games on a regular basis they seem to think that other fans, who are just as passionate about NCFC as they are, and who, but for various circumstances, would love to go to games but can''t, are somehow inferior and therefore they shouldn''t be allowed to listen to commentaries on the internet. And, does "the young canary" go to every single game home and away?And and if not, what does he do the if he doesn''t - if he''s ill, on holiday etc?Has he never ever listened to the commentary on Radio Norfolk or watched a game on a stream or has he not taken up that opportunity because it''s not "the best sound or vision". And it''s all very well using David Lee as an example but please enlighten us as to what you think he does for the other 40 odd games in a season.Wait for the carrier pigeon to arrive?

Hahaha, well played young canary.

And MP, yes he actually does go to pretty much every game, home and away.