Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

We'll never play you again

All joking aside, Ipswich''s position is beginning to look precarious.

Have a look at where they are in the league, keep scrolling down you''ll find them eventually.

4 points and a few places off the relegation zone, you may say. But look closer and consider the teams beneath them, three of those teams have changed managers over the past few weeks and almost certainly will start to pick up points.

Ipswich can''t buy a goal having sold Murphy in the window.

Our return fixture this season may be the last time our clubs ever meet in the league.

We''ll never play you again!

😁

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I remember the day their grubby little mits were waving tenners at us. I wonder if they ever reflect on that...[/quote]It made me think they would be the next Man City at the time, but now it just brings a smile to my face

They''re where they are most seasons.. knocking around the middle/bottom half of the table. There''s too much dross down there for them to go down, and Mick''s competent enough to keep their heads above water.

I don''t even hate them anymore. I just see them as a bit pathetic, to be honest. I''d rather see Villa go down.

They spend half their lives on TWTD whinging about parachute payments yet I don''t remember them whinging when Evans took over and was their new god and saviour.

When they go down they''ll go down for good

They haven''t got the money, infrastructure or talent in their setup

And their fans don''t have the bottle

Hope they go out of business, sincerely.

This season I think they really could be caught up in the relegation scrap, simply because they''ve sold the only half-decent striker they had, and now they''re hardly scoring - who''d have predicted that [:)] ?

And nothing would make me happier than for them to go out of business altogether.

But we should be a bit wary of hubris.  I''d guess back in 2009 when we went down to L1, there were probably plenty of scummers rubbing their hands with glee.  If you''d told people then that (after one season in L1), we''d then finish above the scum in the league for every one of the next 6 years, not many people would have believed you.

it''s a shame FA rules prevent directors having an interest in more than one club. We could then attempt to buy out Good''Evans and rename them as Town Canaries playing at the Nest and play all our young players there giving them lots of first team experience in the Championship. I doubt their support would be much less than it is now and would probably increase as they wold be watching attractive successful football.

" But we should be a bit wary of hubris.  I''d guess back in 2009 when we went down to L1, there were probably plenty of scummers rubbing their hands with glee.  If you''d told people then that (after one season in L1), we''d then finish above the scum in the league for every one of the next 6 years, not many people would have believed you."

Personally I think we should enjoy every moment of it. If they go down it will not be the same as us in 2009. The size of the debt for one, and we hadn''t be cleaned out of everything the club owned beforehand.I''m not sure what the exact benefit is to Marcus Evans but even the suffolk simpletons are now talking about losses at the club being offset against profits elsewhere in the group.How much more can Marcus Evans wring out of the binners is yet to be seen.. But I''ve no doubt that when he does decide to pull out it will be when it suits him, not the binners.And at that time there''ll be a bit of a gurgle..... and then down the plughole will go the binners. Glorious history and allOh dear.