Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Redmond

Looks very good, much more the finished product now. England call up soon I would think.

Perhaps it was the fact he was a bit anonymous too frequently that made supporters question him - he didn''t always justify his starting place. A couple of Saints fans I know reckon he''s been fairly ordinary most of the season to-date so was probably due one of his ''better'' days. IMO consistency is the key thing that was lacking and if he can sort that he could be a very decent player.

Southgate has already shown he''s prepared to give young players a chance. I think there''s every chance Redders will get a call up.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Perhaps it was the fact he was a bit anonymous too frequently that made supporters question him - he didn''t always justify his starting place. A couple of Saints fans I know reckon he''s been fairly ordinary most of the season to-date so was probably due one of his ''better'' days. IMO consistency is the key thing that was lacking and if he can sort that he could be a very decent player.[/quote]Spot on.All this wailing makes me laugh.

Would we be any better off if he was still playing for us? I doubt it, our midfield is brimming over with both current and future talent.

Had we not sold him, the Murphys and Pritchard would be out on loan again or playing elsewhere respectively, probably Brighton.

Funnily enough, he always played well for us when on the telly, so perhaps he''s doing the same for Saints. Nevertheless, it''s good to see him playing well and hopefully we have stuff in the sale agreement for England caps and a sell on percentage.

I''d love to see him get a call up for the friendly v Spain, but he''s in a queue with Townsend, Sterling and Lingaard. On his day, he''s as good as any of them, bar Sterling probably.

He is a prem quality player and we are going to need as many of them next season as we can muster.

Until he stops floating in and out of games he''ll never be consistent enough to be a world beater. He certainly has the talent to be though, and I''m sure if he continues to do well in the Prem his England chance will come, but, is he better than Alli or Lallana for CAM? Hmm...

Brady has been inconsistent for us.

What did Jacob do yesterday? Not a lot.

I don''t think Redmond is or was any worse for it.

Has 1 good game out of 10.

Had his good game against championship side Burnley.

I''ll stick by my original decision. We got a great deal £11 million for an inconsistent load of carp

[quote user="GPB"]Never had an "end product" apparently . If any one ever finds out what that is it would be very helpful[/quote]As Ched Evans seems to have taken over this message board I''m sure he can enlighten us as to his interpretation of '' end product '' [;)]

The most accurate assessment of NR remains "flatters to deceive". Puel has negated his defensive ineptitude by playing him as pretty much an out and out striker, most recently alongside Charlie Austin. But the earlier ludicrous comparison with Thierry Henry is hardly being borne out by the stats. Redders has started 9 matches for Saints, plus 2 sub appearances, has scored twice and has no credited assists. I''ve watched several of the streamed matches and it''s the same NR we saw at Carrow Road: short bursts of pace, some eye-catching twisting and turning, poor combination play and far from lethal finishing. Buzzes around like a pesky insect, more hoverfly than wasp.

Long article about him in the Sunday Times yesterday based upon an interview, almost a double page spread, notable for the negligible mention of his time at Norwich, apart from saying that when he signed he was left on his own with no family or friends. The bit that did make me smile was Redmond saying that he, because he was left on his own, he would continue training by himself late into the afternoons practicing his shooting using cut-out figures in the goal to make it more difficult.

The upheaval that comes with transfers is an underestimated part of football. Redmond was only 19 when he joined us and moved away from all his support network which must have been tough.

I do think people expected too much of him too quickly here- he''s only 22 now and some people seemed to expect him to be the finished article already. I saw gradual year on year improvement from him and don''t doubt he would have been a key player if he''d chosen to extend his contract with us here.

He would still walk into our side now, but I''m pleased the Murphy''s have stepped up well to Championship football, meaning it hasn''t felt as much of a loss as it perhaps was.

[quote user="have my howson it"]Has 1 good game out of 10.

Had his good game against championship side Burnley.

I''ll stick by my original decision. We got a great deal £11 million for an inconsistent load of carp[/quote]

Amazed he managed to keep his shot down and on target

[quote user="hogesar"]He would still walk into our side now, but I''m pleased the Murphy''s have stepped up well to Championship football, meaning it hasn''t felt as much of a loss as it perhaps was.[/quote]So far I''ve been more impressed with the Murphy''s than I was with Redmond a lot of the time.Yes, when on-form and firing Redmond was the stronger player, but I always felt he didn''t score enough and showed his ability far better for England U21''s than he did for us with any sort of consistency.Jacob has already got nearly the same amount of goals that Redmond did at this level in just 9 games compared to Redmond''s 40+!