Sign in to follow this  
Mason 47

You Never Know...

When Redmond left in the summer, there were a lot of us (including myself) that felt a bit wounded by his departure, especially for what is as close as you get to a bargain for a young English player these days.

With his last goal against Newcastle, Josh Murphy has now surpassed Redmond''s goal record for us in the Championship. Admittedly, he still has 11 assists left to chase down, not including the three ''almost'' assist he does have, but on current form he''s doing pretty alright.

So the question is, given that Jacob was subject of a 300k bid in the summer, and he now looks to casually surpass our previously most prized English primrose, should we be looking at Reading''s Head Scout?

The mind boggles.

it beggars belief they thought they could get him for £300k! maybe they thought he has a release clause. I''d have understood if they thought a couple of million we may have chosen to cash in and put the money towards a more established player but £300k is pocket change to us, a nominal amount.

It will be a sad day if one or both of the Murphies get sold on.  If it happens, hopefully will be when they have helped us to some great success and have made themselves into top players capable of being wanted by the likes of MU, MC, etc.   Selling to anyone of equivalent status as us, or just above wouldn''t make much sense anyway. 

would you offer them the same contract? Before this season, I''d have said Josh was more likely to succeed than Jacob, but so far its the other way around.