Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Oliveira - needs some game time?

I fuly appreciate that Jerome is playing well and putting in plenty of effort but can''t help thinking we need to give Oliveira a bit more game time - thought he might have got 20 mins or so today particularly with another game Tuesday.

If Jerome gets injured then our back up isn''t going to be up to speed - don''t think the odd 5 minutes here or there is really helping anyone.

it''d be nice but the priority has to be securing 3 points. we have the Leeds cup game he will probably start and hopefully he will get a few mins vs Preston next week and in our midweek game too.

Exactly right Tettey Jig, his time will come. But he''s behind a very in form Jerome at the moment. I think we all want to see what he can do but it''s a long season, he''ll get game time at some point.

Am I right in anticipating another striker in during the next window?

The sentiment during the Summer was that we needed two more to supplement Jerome (and that Lafferty would go, whilst Morris was not ready.)

Although greeted with groans of ''underwhelming'' most seem to have warmed to the signing of Nelson.

I think we''ve got a bit to come from this player but it''s not a negative that Jerome is not nearly as droppable as he was last season.

The less we see of Oliveira the less indication we will have of just who we might or might not need in January.

I suspect we are ok, but a little poacher like Dwight Gayle might be useful.

I''d like to see us add another striker in January of a different mould- someone small and pacy to give us another dimension.

As for game time for Nelson- he should start the Leeds game but the situations in games haven''t really helped him get minutes. We''ve not really been behind/level and needed to throw on another striker to chase goals, nor have we been so comfortably ahead that we can take off our best striker with 25/30 minutes to go.

Will play U23 against WBA and Leeds Lge Cup. But no start in League while Cameron notching regularly.

I do wonder how long it''ll take for the ''he''s Rubbish, look at his goals:game ratio''…poor lad has only had about an hour of proper first team action in his 5-6 appearances, showing how misleading those are.

I agree Oliveira needs more game time. The problem is that in the league we need to use our best starting XI as we are desperate to go straight back up. If we don''t I think we will lose a lot of players next summer.

Nelson will almost certainly get the full game against Leeds next week as I think Neil will make a lot of changes again to keep his key players fit for the League

All of the non playing members of the squad need more game time but how can Jerome be left out of our league team unless injured or suspended. He is in superb form and is fundamental to the style we play. He is notching goals, assisting and running the channels. Olivera must wait for his chance I''m afraid.

He''s a great signing just at the wrong time for him at the moment as jerome is keeping him out of the first team.

I believe this signing has woke up jerome so it''s a double signing

Agreed, that is the advantage of having a strong squad, those waiting to get picked are pushing the first choice players to up their game.

Wooooaaaah, Jerome is on fire (to sex is on fire)

Anyway, back on topic, Oliveira didn''t feature for the dev squad last night so we know he''s at least on the bench ahead of Lafferty! Depending how the game pans out tonight he might get a bit more game time to rest Jerome. Had we gone 3-0 up against Rotherham I''m sure Jerome would have been swapped. Shame we conceded!

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Yes. However only take Jerome off after say 70 mins to rest his legs.

Jerome on fire........reminds me of a song[/quote]

CamJam''s on fire...