Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Leeds 40 Quid !

I was having drink with a friend yesterday who after working away for 12 years has just returned to Norwich and joined the season ticket waiting list. In order to attend games he obviously became a member and told me that he has purchased a seat in The Galway Roast South stand for the home game v Leeds and it cost £40 ! Bearing in mind what a basket case of a club they are and their awful league record in recent years i was wondering how on earth the grading of that game was arrived at ?Since gaining promotion from League One with us back in 2009/10 they have finished 7th,14th,13th,15th,15th and last season 13th with them currently standing 13th tonight.Yes they will bring a full away turnout for sure but am i right in thinking this is profiteering by our club to make up for many clubs who will only bring a couple of hundred or so ?This is not using a stick to beat the club with as i am sure there will be itchy fingers waiting to say just that but i reckon this is just not fair on the home support. My friend before being accused of being a plastic has been to all the home games plus he went to Newcastle,Wolves and is coming with me on Tuesday to Fulham.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]That is absolutely shocking. I mean, you actually have a FRIEND Til?[/quote]Something tells me a smiley will be coming along shortly Crabby but amazingly loads mate. [;)]

For another 7 quid he could stay on for the popular Motown and Northern Soul night. £47 quid the lot! Bargain!! Betchabygollywow it is!!!

If it was too much people wouldn''t pay it. Be that gravy swillers or home fans. Yes, the pricing is opportunistic but I hate Leeds so, erm, good.

err, the Stylistics were not Motown or Northern Soulbut never mindif you want to pop along and sing, baby sing I''m sure the night will make you feel brand new

Just paid $120 for 4 Green chilli burgers and a glass of wine in downtown Santa Fe New Mexico so that''s a bargain

[quote user="daly"]Just paid $120 for 4 Green chilli burgers and a glass of wine in downtown Santa Fe New Mexico so that''s a bargain[/quote]

I watched Red Hot Chili Peppers for 80 quids here in Budapest, what makes your burgers seem overpriced.

Cheapest adult tickets are £38 for Leeds I think - noticed it on the big screen Saturday. Agree with you Til it''s a pretty hard price to justify. For me I don''t think Championship football should ever cost more than £30.

I was chatting to a mate about the same subject yesterday and said that it''s £8 cheaper to go watch us play at Elland Road in the cup, and that includes the price of travel there and back.Imo you can only justify £40 a ticket for a Championship game if it''s Ipswich, for anyone else it is a bit of a joke. No one, even Newcastle and Villa, are going to be bringing world class players that you would happily pay that price to watch. In fact the best player you''re going to see at Carrow Road this season is Wes, and I paid £20 to watch him put on a masterclass at the weekend.

[quote user="daly"]Just paid $120 for 4 Green chilli burgers and a glass of wine in downtown Santa Fe New Mexico so that''s a bargain[/quote]

That''s a big meal, you would need more than one glass of wine to work your way through four burgers.

To be fair, it''s only something to complain about if it causes us to not sell out. Even then it really depends on how much. We''re a club that needs all the money it can get and if we can sell out at £40 then brilliant.

@Hoegsar

I get that point of view but I don''t really agree with it. Fans are the lifeblood of football and I think it is a shame that clubs more often that not view them as consumers to be milked all they can. I don''t think we are particularly bad or unique with this but I still don''t like it.

With regards to money we, don''t we already have 22,000 season ticket holders? So even if every one of the other 5000 seats were sold to full paying adults, dropping the price to £30 would only be £50,000 less for that game- hardly likely to bankrupt us.

[quote user="king canary"]@Hoegsar

I get that point of view but I don''t really agree with it. Fans are the lifeblood of football and I think it is a shame that clubs more often that not view them as consumers to be milked all they can. I don''t think we are particularly bad or unique with this but I still don''t like it.

With regards to money we, don''t we already have 22,000 season ticket holders? So even if every one of the other 5000 seats were sold to full paying adults, dropping the price to £30 would only be £50,000 less for that game- hardly likely to bankrupt us.[/quote]
I agree that fans shouldn''t be treated like they are - milked for all they''re worth - in a general scenario. The problem I have is every other club is doing it and it''s all well and good standing their defiantly "it''s not fair on the fans" but the club has a responsibility to be as competitive as possible.
We don''t have the richest owners, what we do have is a captive market for about 30k fans for good games and only 28k seats. That enables us to charge a premium and whilst 50k isn''t the biggest amount of money to be discussing, when it applies to about 20 home games over a 2 season period it''s £1 million. That''s not insignificant to a club our size regardless of what people think about parachute payments.

Next week is £25? Last week was £25? If every week was £25 then season ticket holders would have justfiable complaints. 

Its £40 per ticket for the Leeds fans so that they can pay for the extra policing needed. Having determined that, they then have to charge the home fans the same in nearby seats.

Other games have been much cheaper for the casual fans.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Its £40 per ticket for the Leeds fans so that they can pay for the extra policing needed. Having determined that, they then have to charge the home fans the same in nearby seats.

Other games have been much cheaper for the casual fans.[/quote]The club only have to pay for Police inside the stadium and that does not happen anymore as stewards are deployed to manage the crowd.