Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

Carling £4 !!!

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Yes, you are right in what you say LDC, BUT it is not what is being discussed here.[/quote]Ok, I''m going to be pedantic, but Indy Jones introduced the thought of the wider problem and I see no problem with that, hence my post.. If we want to restrict the thread to a £4 pint, yes I think it''s too much, especially lager which is like frozen gnat''s pee compared to real beer.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Yes, you are right in what you say LDC, BUT it is not what is being discussed here.[/quote]Ok, I''m going to be pedantic, but Indy Jones introduced the thought of the wider problem and I see no problem with that, hence my post.. If we want to restrict the thread to a £4 pint, yes I think it''s too much, especially lager which is like frozen gnat''s pee compared to real beer.

[/quote]Woah, that''s too much of a sweeping statement for me. There''s plenty of good lagers out there. (Admittedly not Carling, if they spent some time brewing a decent beer they wouldn''t have to tie clubs up with these contracts.)

Too much hipster crud served up these days. The York Tavern is 4.50 a pint minimum and 5.20 for Peroni. Fairly sure this contributes to people drinking way more at home before going out.

[quote user="King Crimson"]Too much hipster crud served up these days. The York Tavern is 4.50 a pint minimum and 5.20 for Peroni. Fairly sure this contributes to people drinking way more at home before going out.[/quote]Nail on the head. £1 a bottle of good European lager from Aldi/Lidl. Or well over £4 for a pint of Camden/Meantime. They''re good lagers, but they ain''t that good.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]The lure of Stafford street chippie never involves dragging :)[/quote]What with there,the Golden Arches and chips on the Market you don''t half live well. [;)][/quote]Throw in a couple of dripping rolls, mushy peas and and half a dozen oysters and Nutty''ll be on a real roll.....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]The lure of Stafford street chippie never involves dragging :)[/quote]What with there,the Golden Arches and chips on the Market you don''t half live well. [;)][/quote]Throw in a couple of dripping rolls, mushy peas and and half a dozen oysters and Nutty''ll be on a real roll.....[/quote]
Stafford Street Chippy is king over all. Even Burger King where today I enjoyed a treat from my bus ticket[:)]