Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

Carling £4 !!!

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]Now we''ve got a poncy coffee company as sponsor maybe they only allow baristas behind the counter ?[/quote]Would suit me as I don''t personally like alcohol being served at most events, but I do appreciate I''m in a small minority there.[/quote]You can watch Norwich without pre-match anaesthetic ? [:D]

"Would suit me as I don''t personally like alcohol being served at most events"

Why?

If I was at an event with Indy I''d want alcohol served pretty liberally

[quote user="King Crimson"]Stracey "Hotel"?

ROXANNE

YOU DON''T HAVE TO PUT ON THE RED LIGHT...[/quote]New owners and a refurb in the last couple of years. Look on Trip Advisor. It now attracts very different customers as opposed to the days when you were a regular at The Rosary.

It''s my old mate 2dots!
But moving on to more pressing things. Now Tilly''s left the Nelson Numpties an equivalent name is neccessary for his new choice of drinking partners. PUPs I''m relying on you to be creative...

Still a Nelson Numpty Nutty as i turned up with ''Er Indoors on Saturday night but Mrs.Nutty had already dragged you away for a cod and chips supper.

[quote user="STAN"]"Would suit me as I don''t personally like alcohol being served at most events"

Why?[/quote]Because I don''t like what alcohol does to most people, in fact I''d argue that if we''d only just discovered alcohol today - it would already be a banned substance.I also don''t see why people need to have a drink to enjoy something, if the only reason something becomes enjoyable is because of the alcohol, then it doesn''t say much about what you''re watching/attending to begin with!I''m virtually tee-total (will have a glass of wine for a toast etc), and I''ve seen a lot of the problems that come with even ''normal'' alcohol consumption, never mind the excess that the current ''Binge Britain'' culture seems to foster.However, I fully appreciate this is just my outlook and I wouldn''t dream of forcing it onto anyone else, but every time I get some half-cut moron giving it the big one, or shouting a load of carp when I''m trying to just enjoy something, it does make me wonder if maybe I''m just too passive at times...

There is middle ground as well, Indy

Such as enjoying the taste, knowing limits, realising that too much can damage, trying different things (beer festivals for example)

If you have seen what ''normal'' consumption does (leaving out drink driving), then I would hazard a guess, that it isn''t ''normal'' consumption. in the first place.

Your limited consumption, is it because you do not like the taste, or you fear it could ''take over'' you, or other reasons?

[quote user="Indy Bones"][quote user="STAN"]"Would suit me as I don''t personally like alcohol being served at most events"

Why?[/quote]Because I don''t like what alcohol does to most people, in fact I''d argue that if we''d only just discovered alcohol today - it would already be a banned substance.I also don''t see why people need to have a drink to enjoy something, if the only reason something becomes enjoyable is because of the alcohol, then it doesn''t say much about what you''re watching/attending to begin with! I''m virtually tee-total (will have a glass of wine for a toast etc), and I''ve seen a lot of the problems that come with even ''normal'' alcohol consumption, never mind the excess that the current ''Binge Britain'' culture seems to foster. However, I fully appreciate this is just my outlook and I wouldn''t dream of forcing it onto anyone else, but every time I get some half-cut moron giving it the big one, or shouting a load of carp when I''m trying to just enjoy something, it does make me wonder if maybe I''m just too passive at times...[/quote]I tend to agree. Sinking as many pints as you can before a match does not make you a man. It does not make you a better supporter.  It does not help those around you enjoy the match better.  In fact it means you are just a drunken slob. It makes you incapable. And it spoils it for those around you - especially if it is acompanied by foul and abusive language when there are kids around - which happened at Blackburn - paralytic Norwich fans spoiling the occasion for those around them in the ground.  Alcohol makes you forget, it allows you to escape from reality for a while and it renders you useless to anyone the following day.  Fine if you want to forget and feel rotten the next day, but people are fooling themselves if they think it is sociable and acceptable.  The problem is that it can be addictive.  You drink to be sociable, you get drunk, you feel rotten the next day so you have a drink and you feel better and then you feel sociable again, you think you are having a good time....you drink too much and then you feel rotten the next day again.....so you have a drink and you feel better, you feel more sociable again..........................It''s the bane of society.  Ruining young people''s lives, their health and the well being of those that have to live around them.  Have a drink, by all means, but don''t drink so much that it spoils it for other people. Yeah, it''s a lecture.  So what.  Every time I see it makes me feel sad that so many people are conned into thinking that drinking to excess is somehow the thing to do.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]For gawds sake LDC. You are correct in what you say, but we are talking about a couple of pre match pints here, not Alcoholics Anonymous[/quote]Maybe, but from what I saw at Blackburn, plainly some people can''t stop at a couple of pre-match pints and have to get paralytic before a match. Madness.

You should think yourselves lucky, alcohol is still banned in all Scottish football grounds...and by god if ever there was a place you could do with a pint or three it''s there.

Apples

I have refrained from slating you for your more often than not ridiculous views but you really are a sanctimonious pillock. As usual you make a generalised, over the top statement about a small minority of people who get drunk at matches and act poorly.

Try selecting the team for tonight for the next onslaught!

[quote user="Red Rufus"]I have refrained from slating you for your more often than not ridiculous views but you really are a sanctimonious pillock. As usual you make a generalised, over the top statement about a small minority of people who get drunk at matches and act poorly.

Try selecting the team for tonight for the next onslaught![/quote]It was targeted at a small monority in football grounds, but the rant was about part of what you see day in day out in the wider world. Norfolk may still be quieter than the rest of the UK, I don''t know, but I suspect tha alcohol problem is just as bad there as it is elsewhere.  Commenting on blathered young people who end up cluttering up the NHS at weekends is not something that is sanctimonious. It is real.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The lure of Stafford street chippie never involves dragging :)[/quote]What with there,the Golden Arches and chips on the Market you don''t half live well. [;)]

Fish and chips should be prohibited next as they are obviously leading everybody to scoff themselves senseless and resulting in today''s obesity crisis.

Apples

There''s no maybe about it LDC. We are talking about a pre-match social situation, which thousands of people enjoy. There will always be one or two idiots (How many Norwich fans do you see paralytic at home games?), but that''s life, in all sorts of situation. A small percentage of fools. What you are talking about is another debating point.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]There''s no maybe about it LDC. We are talking about a pre-match social situation, which thousands of people enjoy. There will always be one or two idiots (How many Norwich fans do you see paralytic at home games?), but that''s life, in all sorts of situation. A small percentage of fools. What you are talking about is another debating point.[/quote]I am talking about an away match, which has a different thing about it with the travel etc - and yes it''s a minority that get blathered beyond sense beforehand - but still a minority that can ruin it for others.  Sorry for going off on one about the wider issue, but it is part of the same problem.